Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 05:59 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,419,091 times

Advertisements

Do you, despite if you are single, married, ect, still occasionally think about one of your ex-girlfriends/boyfriends? How long has it been since that relationship ended? Why do you think that you still think of them,was it good physical chemistry, "the one that got away", a great friend? With the advent of so many networking sites(Facebook, Twitter, MySpace), would you ever try to contact that person again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 06:08 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,935,194 times
occasionally i may still think about people, but not consciously, maybe a song will trigger a memory, or i may smell someone wearing an ex's perfume.

most of my relationships haven't ended on great terms, so i've no interest in trying to find them.
there are a couple who i still think fondly of, but the past is the past for a reason. it's not worth going digging.

i would be more interested in finding old friends, male and female, who were scared off by my crazy jealous ex wife !

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
Do you, despite if you are single, married, ect, still occasionally think about one of your ex-girlfriends/boyfriends? How long has it been since that relationship ended? Why do you think that you still think of them,was it good physical chemistry, "the one that got away", a great friend? With the advent of so many networking sites(Facebook, Twitter, MySpace), would you ever try to contact that person again?

Old 10-20-2009, 06:16 AM

440 posts, read 1,031,244 times
Its funny how as years go by you slowly drift apart from the person you're with...and when I did, that was it. We broke up 4 months ago and it was the best decision I've ever made. We still talk, and I know I'm the "one that got away" for him but I completely fell out of love with him. I have not one emotional feeling for him and because nothing is emotional anymore, I don't even find him attractive today. When I hear a song or look at old pictures I remember all the fun we had, and all of the great memories, but I will never forget the bad times. I guess people might think I'm cold for spending 4 years with someone and then breaking it off with not one feeling toward the other person, but it happens and was coming for a long time. I've moved on and can't wait for my next adventure!!! haha

Old 10-20-2009, 06:16 AM

10,177 posts, read 20,803,755 times
I think about them occasionally. I don't obsess over them, just look back on some memories and wonder how they are doing today. I don't actively search them out on facebook or anything like that (with one exception, my curiosity got the better of me, but I didn't contact her), for the most part I think all of us like to think back to some good times we may have had. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:23 AM

28,970 posts, read 30,328,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post

yes, my son's father...don't believe he was the one that got away...as we were so very young when we married and 3 years later my son came along. I don't know why, and he doesn't know why, but whenever he saw a pretty girl, he said he had to ask her out. well, I left him...he was my childhood sweetheart, but he hurt me to many times.

He married again...to a woman he stole from his friend...today, he is a good family man, dedicated, loyal and as stories go, his is very sad. The woman he married is very controlling and manipulative...she is insecure and a very jealous woman. This past Sunday, one of our friends called me...we had many friends in high school who are still friends with me to this day.

He was very upset for my son's father. He wanted him to go to a class reunion with him....because my son's father's wife wouldn't go...he couldn't go...and our friend asked him to go other places and she wouldn't allow him to go. She said, "No, we're going here or there and you can't go. Our friend told me, that she is always nagging at him...do this, do that...I'm not surprised, b/c I've seen her behavior close at hand.

This friend of ours told me, that my son's father's friend was always upset that my son's father stole this woman from him. I told him, the next time you see this man, tell him, he can thank his lucky stars my son's father stole her from him. Just look at the life he'd be living.

My son's friend said he actually watched while my son's father begged her to leave him go, like he was a little kid... What a cryin shame.

So, yes, I think of my son's father a lot...he's not a mean person, but he is a pansey so to speak...he allows this woman to tell him what and how he must live his life.

He is a good man, but I could never get into the religion like he was, it made me sick to see the hypocracy...then, everthing was money, money, money, and he had no backbone to stand up for what he believed...he had to be right at all costs...but hey, I have my faults to.

I just feel so sad because the women he married had not only a great impact on my ex's life, but also my son's. I strongly believe b/c I allowed my son to go and live with his father in my son's older and most formative years....he watched his father sit back and take it, watched her be abusive, controlling and mean....to his father...and today, my son, married a woman just like her....it's very sad...

So, you sit back and watch this happen, to your ex, whom you still have feelings for. I'm not in love with him, but love him like a brother, and yes, he has contacted me...but if his wife knew that, she'd be livid. I believe he to, has always had feelings for me. There is always a bond between two people who have had a child together, and I do love him, but not like a wife should love a husband...he's so trapped....and he is in the autumn of his life...and it's just so sad, to one day realize, your at the end of someone else's idea of what your life should be...

I just don't understand how some people can be so cruel and unthinking? Sorry, this probably wasn't what you were looking for, but your thread reminds me of him....and makes me feel so badly for him, and my son.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:29 AM

429 posts, read 685,381 times
I do occasionally think about my ex-husband.Wonder if i gave up on him too easily but mostly I am concerned for him. My kids tell me he crys alot and I think that probably a sign that he really isnt too happy in his present marriage.I feel sorry for him!!!

Old 10-20-2009, 09:29 AM

22,382 posts, read 29,502,255 times
I think of the only man I've ever loved a lot..It doesn't help that I moved back home and occasionally see him or hear about him in my circles....

Old 10-20-2009, 09:36 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,431,831 times
I still think about Jared sometimes, granted it was only 6 months ago, but he's often in my thoughts. I'm so glad I ended things with him, because just weeks after I did, he went right back to drugs and drinking--things he had stopped before we met, and promised to never go back to again. He and I had such an intense connection (cliche, I know) for the first few months, but it eventually died out on his part. It only took me about a week to get over him (crying, chocolate, depression--you know the drill), but I'm glad I'm not stuck in a "blah" relationship anymore.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:34 AM

904 posts, read 2,876,059 times
I think about several of my ex's.
My high school sweetheart who dumped my while we were in college. I used to see him around town. He is married and doing well. I am happy for him.
My college boyfriend who hates me. (I dumped him for my first husband). I feel really bad for the way I treated him and would love the chance to apologize. He ran into my current husband about 6 months ago. He happened into my husbands office asking for a job. My husband said, "Did you used to date ________?" He said Yes and my husband explained that we had moved back to town, were married, etc. My ex said. "Good luck with that" and walked out. He has reasons.
My ex husband I only think about with disdain, wishing he would pay the $30,000 he owes in back child support and then promptly fall off the face of the earth.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:54 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,811,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
I still think about Jared sometimes, granted it was only 6 months ago, but he's often in my thoughts. I'm so glad I ended things with him, because just weeks after I did, he went right back to drugs and drinking--things he had stopped before we met, and promised to never go back to again. He and I had such an intense connection (cliche, I know) for the first few months, but it eventually died out on his part. It only took me about a week to get over him (crying, chocolate, depression--you know the drill), but I'm glad I'm not stuck in a "blah" relationship anymore.
You made a healthy choice for yourself - GOOD FOR YOU. We all know how choosing to eat veggies over a delicious slice of chocolate cake can be really hard though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships