Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 09:55 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Since you've ignored my post and pretty much dunned everyone else's opinion, I guess now that everything is hunky dory and since he bought you flowers and cooked you dinner, all is now well with your world.

Riding limos has never been a reason for me to stay with anyone and you're sounding like a complete twit to even bring that up.

The last few posts have clearly indicated that you're a basically "kept woman" who hasn't been able to make it on her own where the life to which you'd like to become accustomed is concerned.

You're seemingly bound and determined to stay in the bed which you've created and we have a classic case here of two people feeding off each other.

Each to his own, sweetheart, but don't post relationship complaints if you're not willing to at least start to heed responses from some of us who have experience of such matters and who spend time trying to guide those less knowledgeable.
STT, I was drafting my response to you. I would never ignore someone who spent such an amount of time reponding to my post. Never. I'm sorry to create such a feeling. I'm listening to everyone here and thanks so much for your opinions. It's the name calling that irritates me, but I'm never bothered by negative remarks. You have given me couple of things to think about too, so thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 09:58 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
I'm glad you're thinking!

Old 10-27-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
No thank you. My parents taught me to TAKE CARE OF MY OWN NEEDS! If I wasnt a gentleman I'd tell you what I really think! Too each their own though!
Sweetheart, your thoughts would never bother me since you do not know me at all. I'm sure none of it would be helpful in my situation since I have not seen anything constructive from you.. yet.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:02 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,614,112 times
I guess the question is what are YOU doing to him to make him so mad he has to storm off? Everyone wants to throw this guy under the bus but no one wants to get ALL the facts.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
I guess the question is what are YOU doing to him to make him so mad he has to storm off? Everyone wants to throw this guy under the bus but no one wants to get ALL the facts.
Thank you for looking at this issue fairly. I admit I have issues too. I get angry fast and shut him out completely when I'm upset. We both have issues we need to work on and basically agreed to do that last night.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
lucky, it's a good sign what he did coming home, and apologizing.
i'd take his promise never to do it again with a pinch of salt tho ! it must just be how he deals with things.

it sounds like you have a fairly stable base, and i hope you can talk this one out.
maybe you could find a way to stop it getting to the point of him walking, try to watch the warning signs, and let him huff a little quicker !!
it will take restraint on both your parts, him to remain calm, and you to drop it and give him space.
(irrelevant of who's at fault)

maybe it's better he goes away for a day or two to calm down, than have a major plate throwing row!!

happy making up !!
Indeed it was..

Thanks for your comments, very helpful. As we're trying to find a resolution on this, I'm looking into my own behaviour as well to see what I can do better to avoid such situations.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:26 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,112,482 times
I am seeing a connection here:

Brainy-Unintelligent mysteriously becomes not a member.

MissLucky ducky posts just as ridiculous of a "story" as Brainy

Old 10-27-2009, 10:35 AM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I am glad he realized the errors of his ways, and made and effort to make ammends, but I am thinking he has done this before, promising not to do it again is an empty promise unless he's going to figure out why he is doing what he is doing. We all make compromises in our relationships, it really boils down to how much you are willing to compromise for the long-term, and how willing he is to compromise. He honestly sounds like a spoiled brat who is entitled, correct me if I am wrong. You may be enjoying the financial aspects of the relationship, but you don't want to feel indebted to him either do you. Sounds like he's going to continue to get away with bratty behavior because he always has in the past with his mother, and with you. If you always forgive him regardless, he has no incentive to change.
Hey, thanks

Sometimes I think it has to do with being surrounded by females most of the time for major part of his life. He was mostly raised by his mother. Dad was never around. Only son out of 8 kids, has 3 daughters etc etc.

I'm determined to work on this, so we'll see.
Quote:
What is your relationship like with his mother? Does she know how you feel, and how much does she know about your relationship (details)? From what I gather you know the relationship is unhealthy, that is why you are here, but you can't force someone elase to change, only hope that they want to.
Me and his mother have a very strong relationship. She likes me a lot and I respect her very much. She knows I love her son. I don't discuss my relationship problems with her though.
Quote:
If he doesn't change, can you picture yourself living happily like this for the next 25 years?
The good thing about him is that he acknowledges his issues and is willing to change. He may or may not change. But that's the chance I'm willing to take. Not sure about happiness 25 yrs down the road. I no longer look at things this way. I saw myself very happy 50 yrs down the road when I was marrying my ex but 3 years later I was down, frustrated, and extremely depressed.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I am seeing a connection here:

Brainy-Unintelligent mysteriously becomes not a member.

MissLucky ducky posts just as ridiculous of a "story" as Brainy
I do not know this character you're talking about so I'll have to read his/her posts to see the connection. Are my stories really that ridiculous? I mean, this is my true life and frankly it scares me that someone thinks it's ridiculous. I have read few stories on this board and I think there are much weirder, ridiculous stories out there than mine.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:43 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,554,748 times
I'm a Mommas girl so I can't judge him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships