Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 12:22 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,348,506 times

Advertisements

I used to hang out at Home Depot/Lowe's to meet up women. Especially the hotties that work on both places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 12:24 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,331,120 times
Walk up behind her in the meat section and aske her "Do you want to see my meat?"

Once you wake up in the hospital....see if works on the nurse!

Old 11-10-2009, 12:29 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,386,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
This is a funy thread.

I actually was at the supermarket getting my few things and went to get a box of granola bars and saw a gal pushing a cart toward me in the opposite direction.

When she past I was looking at the boxes and she stops just passed them and started looking at them too. Then I headed over to the coffee creamer. This was at the end of this isle I was going down. When I was bent down trying to find the non "fat free" the door was suddenly being held open for me. I got my creamer and looked up and it was the same gal. I said, "Thank you." She smiled and I headed on my way.

Now this lady was headed in the other direction. How she ended up being at the same end of the store where I was is making me think she was doing what you were doing.

If I was interested I would have talked to her. So make that as a note to self. Don't be creepy. If this woman kept popping up everywhere I was I would be a bit nervous. You know, picking out some apples and she pops out of the bunch and smiles. If I saw here reflection in the deli counter. Freaky.
Hi funymann,

That gives me an idea. Block her cart and keep getting in her way. When she finally gets the nerve to tell you to move, you have a wealth of responses.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:42 PM

17,642 posts, read 22,663,494 times
You say,

"I surely do appreciate the beauty of your melons. I bet they are firm & sweet".

"I vision the sweetness of your lips, similar to a strawberry margarita", or chocolate covered cherries.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:04 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,907,570 times
I have heard of meeting people in grocery stores....personally when I was single I did not consider it a good place to meet someone. I just wanted to get in and get out so when guys striked up conversations I would pretty much end them.
But here's an idea: If she is in the checkout line, stand right behind her and strike up a conversation. If the line is long enough you might actually have time to talk and who knows?

Old 11-10-2009, 01:21 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,529,381 times
You could always do the 'ankle breaker' move with the shopping cart. Just quietly stroll up behind her and ram that ****ing thing right into her achillies heal. When she drops to the ground screeming in pain, she won't even notice it was you, only that you were first on the scene of the crime...I mean, accident. =-)

Old 11-10-2009, 01:56 PM

13,656 posts, read 20,795,269 times
Grocery Store? Well, why not? I met my wife at the Container Store. Of course, I had gone to high school with her years before.

Anyway, during my days of wolfing around, I met girls in some rather unconventional places. But never the grocery store- there was a Happy Days episode on this btw.

If you have balls of brass and do not fear just walking up to someone and making them laugh while appearing nonthreatening, it could easily work. The problem is there is no- how do I say this- stationary factor. You are never sitting and always moving. So you would have to really be on your game.

IMHO the best way to meet women is through other women- they all have friends who are looking. Another good way is a language class- very interactive and social. French or Italian will have the most targets.

Good luck.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:02 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,408,694 times
Men talk to me at the deli counter and ask me questions throughout the store, whether it's about an item or about those new scanners they recently began using. Just go for it!

Hmmm, now that I think about it, I must look really knowledgeable about supermarket products and services. I don't know if that's a good thing or not!?!

Old 11-10-2009, 02:07 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,553,626 times
I had a friend who met his second wife at a grocery store. Her son had knocked a display down so he stopped to help her pick it up. Struck up a conversation with her then moved on. Of course, they "bumped" into each other in several other aisles and continued the conversation until he asked her out.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:09 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,408,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
I had a friend who met his second wife at a grocery store. Her son had knocked a display down so he stopped to help her pick it up. Struck up a conversation with her then moved on. Of course, they "bumped" into each other in several other aisles and continued the conversation until he asked her out.
Awww!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships