Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2009, 03:37 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,219,158 times

Advertisements

I think this is pretty dead on, I see it at work all the time
Cameron: It's interesting both
Grace and Ripley are characters that are not believed by the male power structure. And I think that women feel that they're not listened to, that their outlook on a situation or their analysis of a situation is not as credible as a male perspective, whether it's in business or whether it's in a relationship.

From interview:
From ‘Aliens’ to ‘Avatar’ for Cameron, Weaver - Movies- msnbc.com

(Moderator - please don't move this to the movie or any other thread. I put it here purposefully. Note the last word in the quote is relationship. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 03:48 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
I know this post wasn't necessarily related to height, but I couldn't help but smile at this quote:
Quote:
"I knew she was a tall girl," Cameron said. "I was thinking about her shoes. If she's wearing tall heels she's going to be this domineering personality and I'm going to be in for a rough ride. And if she's wearing flats, she's self-conscious about her height."

LOL...my husband had the same thought in his mind while waiting for me to arrive for our first date. (We met online, but he knew I was tall...taller than him.) I remember the smile that came across his face when I walked through the door and into the vestibule. I was hired for the part too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships