Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:43 PM

6 posts, read 7,774 times

Advertisements

My friend is constantly crying over a cheating jerk. I have only been introduce to him 4 times.
He cheated on her multiply times and left her. He already has another girlfriend but still crying over it hoping that he will come back.

I really want to punch him. Seriously he deserves it.

It's long while since I haven't been this angry before and I stopped lashing out on others since I was 14. I was a school bully (to more boys than girls) long ago. Sadly I would take advantage, knowing they wouldn't retaliate in return.

Anyways it's been a very long while since I changed and haven't resorted to violence but this jerk is pissing me off.
Honestly doesn't a cheating jerk who makes my friend cry and eat less deserves to get either slap or sock?
Can't stand seeing my friend like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 09:45 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,426,017 times
Don't punch him, there are some big ugly and sex deprived men in prison.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:46 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionfruits View Post
My friend is constantly crying over a cheating jerk. I have only been introduce to him 4 times.
He cheated on her multiply times and left with. He already has another girlfriend but still crying over it hoping that he will come back.

I really want to punch him. Seriously he deserves it.

I haven't been this angry before and I stopped lashing out on others since I was 14. I was a school bully (to more boys than girls) long ago. Sadly I would take advantage, knowing they wouldn't retaliate in return.

Anyways it's been a very long while since I changed and haven't resorted to violence but this jerk is pissing me off.
Honestly doesn't a cheating jerk who makes my friend cry and eat less deserves to get either slap or sock?
Can't stand seeing my friend like this.
Getting violent with anyone, but especially a friend, is never good or acceptable. Part of being a good friend is "being there" when your friend needs to talk, so do that.

But if your friend has been going on and on for months it would be okay for you at this point to say, "I care about how you are feeling and I'm sorry you are hurting, but ruminating over this for months is not healthy. And because what you are doing is unhealthy, I can't allow you to go on and on anymore when we are together." Then change the subject. If he tries to go back to talking about the ex repeat what I told you above, then change the subject - again. Remember, we teach people how to treat us.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:47 PM

19,751 posts, read 22,661,296 times
Just do it.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Don't punch him, there are some big ugly and sex deprived men in prison.
I thought men's prison were separated from women's prison.
Seriously can I possibly go to jail for that?

Old 12-02-2009, 09:54 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
uh, YEAH

Hitting anyone is assault!!

Old 12-02-2009, 09:54 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:
There are some big, ugly, sex-deprived women in there too.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
But if your friend has been going on and on for months it would be okay for you at this point to say, "I care about how you are feeling and I'm sorry you are hurting, but ruminating over this for months is not healthy. And because what you are doing is unhealthy, I can't allow you to go on and on anymore when we are together." Then change the subject. If he tries to go back to talking about the ex repeat what I told you above, then change the subject - again. Remember, we teach people how to treat us.
It's been about 3 months since he dumps her for OW he cheated with. That's what I been doing mainly but it hurts me seeing her eyes as swollen as a panda bear from crying too much. Even if she doesn't cry when we're talking or in front of me, her eyes says it all plus she eats less which is terrible for her health.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:58 PM

19,751 posts, read 22,661,296 times
3 words
Donkey kick... nuts.

3 more words

Just...Do... It...

Old 12-02-2009, 09:59 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,404 times
Quote:
For real? Please tell me that you know you can go to jail for hitting someone.

A good first step would for you and your friend to unfriend the guy from Facebook. Oh wait, that was a different thread, sorry

But for real....violence doesn't solve anything. You'd do your friend a much better service by helping her get through this rough time, much in the same way that lovesMountains described.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships