Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 08:03 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What I meant was that men are far more visual than women. Women are much more likely to go for personality and security, so their own looks shouldn't be men's main concern. Of course, that's not to say they shouldn't do their best with what Mother Nature gave them, but a man's facade is less of a determining factor in a woman's decision.

No doubt. From what I gather women tend to eliminate men based on looks not really accept them. Its not really visual. Is basically health especially with regard to maternity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 08:10 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Well, you need to be brutally honest with him - he OBVIOUSLY doesn't really want a woman in his life, point that out to him. Because if he did he'd be much more motivated to do what he needs to do to make it happen and would be leaving no stone unturned.

But if it's not something he really desires then do him a favor and get him to admit that, then let it go and change the subject.
Why would a man not want to have a woman in his life? He is not GAY, I guarantee you and he acts NORMAL except for being a bit socially inept. We used to work together and he was an outstanding employee. Maybe, there are some underlying psychological issues there BUT I keep telling him that he is not a LOSER, I don't know how people work on their self esteem when it is LOW but as much as I find it weird, there are quite a few men like him out there.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:13 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
Keep in mind it works both ways. Tell your friend what you told us. Be supportive of your friend. You know he has issues but hes not the first & he sure wont be the last.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:13 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Why would a man not want to have a woman in his life? He is not GAY, I guarantee you and he acts NORMAL except for being a bit socially inept. We used to work together and he was an outstanding employee. Maybe, there are some underlying psychological issues there BUT I keep telling him that he is not a LOSER, I don't know how people work on their self esteem when it is LOW but as much as I find it weird, there are quite a few men like him out there.
Im in kinda the same boat except i cant even get a date to make those mistakes

Old 12-05-2009, 08:16 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
If he REALLY wanted a woman in his life he'd do what it takes to have one - simple as that.

I can understand that he may not know what to do, but if he really cared he would find out. And he sure as hell wouldn't say "it's too much work"

Old 12-05-2009, 08:18 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,987,379 times
With all you have listed, it's no wonder he can't find a relationship (much less a second date).
I think some coaching would help. There really are "dos & don'ts" in dating and everyone should brush up from time to time.
However, some of the items listed are personality based. This is not to say one can not change his outlook and thus his personality. It can be done!! But it's not easy and requires true effort and work. The question is, is he willing to put forth the effort?
Best wishes.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:31 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,901,741 times
Sounds like maybe your friend could use a life coach. Someone that could help him work on those things. But seriously, wow. Doesn't he realize why these things are a problem?

Old 12-05-2009, 08:38 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Sometimes life is easier when you don't have to take another person into consideration.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:41 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
"Men who can't find women"? Is there really such a thing? I don't know one man ever who wanted a woman, but couldn't find one. I guess it maybe a little harder to find that special one, but if you're a man u can get a woman if you want one.
Most men aren't interested in rape.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:58 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,901,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Sometimes life is easier when you don't have to take another person into consideration.
I would say it makes for a simpler life, but not nearly as fulfilling as actually having someone you are truly compatible and in love with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships