Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 04:03 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,758,682 times

Advertisements

Oh, did I mention I'm a man? That's right. All joking aside, it's actually a pretty major downer. Lately I'd been noticing this woman at the store I frequent. Appearance-wise I find her incredibly attractive: Short, slender, short hair, wears little or no makeup and is beautiful just as she is, and from what I've seen she seems incredibly nice. Well I happen to know a guy who works in her department, so tonight I asked him if she was married. His response, "Not exactly. She does have a 'wife' though."

Noooooo!!!! Devastating! On the other hand, talking to him first before asking her out was definitely a good idea. On the other hand, this means I will never have any possible chance. Anyone else ever had this happen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 04:08 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,933,974 times
way back in the old days, i was hanging around with a few girls i'd met through a friend.

one of them was totally gorgeous. imagine carly simon, but better looking.

of course, being a young man,i turned my attentions to her, she was very friendly, but i never got any "vibes" from her.

turns out she was a lesbian, and oh, man, you should've seen her "girlfriend".
they used to always deny they did the whole thing where one plays the man role, but this "chick" was more of a man than me !!

great bunch of people tho, fun times to look back on !!

Old 12-10-2009, 04:28 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,025,612 times
Many years ago, I started going out with a VERY handsome man from work. Great dresser, lots of fun, things were going great and, then, wham. He didn't want to be gay, was trying to quash it, and thought dating me would put all of those thoughts out of his mind. It didn't.

We remained good friends, though.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:39 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,557,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Oh, did I mention I'm a man? That's right. All joking aside, it's actually a pretty major downer. Lately I'd been noticing this woman at the store I frequent. Appearance-wise I find her incredibly attractive: Short, slender, short hair, wears little or no makeup and is beautiful just as she is, and from what I've seen she seems incredibly nice. Well I happen to know a guy who works in her department, so tonight I asked him if she was married. His response, "Not exactly. She does have a 'wife' though."

Noooooo!!!! Devastating! On the other hand, talking to him first before asking her out was definitely a good idea. On the other hand, this means I will never have any possible chance. Anyone else ever had this happen?
ARE YOU SERIOUS!!

Man, go for it! This of this as the ultimate hunt.

Good luck.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Many years ago, I started going out with a VERY handsome man from work. Great dresser, lots of fun, things were going great and, then, wham. He didn't want to be gay, was trying to quash it, and thought dating me would put all of those thoughts out of his mind. It didn't.

We remained good friends, though.
I have considered inviting her and her partner to hang out with my friends and I, but I'm afraid it would just be too frustrating to me. She seems like a great person, so she'd probably be a wonderful friend. But I've been attracted to my straight friends before, and that was troublesome enough. Let alone one I know I would never have any chance with.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:40 PM

147 posts, read 329,949 times
Where is UrbanBlasphemy when you need him?

Old 12-10-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
ARE YOU SERIOUS!!

Good luck.
I did consider a sex change just for this purpose...

Old 12-10-2009, 04:42 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,933,974 times
ah, so you think he should steam in and "cure" her of her lesbianism ?

as well as destroying her relationship with her "wife" ?

nice advice !!

please tell me that's tongue in cheek ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
ARE YOU SERIOUS!!

Good luck.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
ah, so you think he should steam in and "cure" her of her lesbianism ?

as well as destroying her relationship with her "wife" ?

nice advice !!

please tell me that's tongue in cheek ?
No worries. Even if I would ever attempt such a thing, I imagine I would just serve to further confirm her lesbianism.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:34 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,749,444 times
You have some borrowing to do from Jesse. You can find him the fashion forums.

Then, go SCORE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships