Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 12:56 PM

454 posts, read 689,028 times

Advertisements

If some of you have kept track of my posts, you may have realized I've been thru so much in this whole dating thing; namely online dating.

So last night I had nothing much to do, found a cheap movie theater with some good movies, and went with no hesitation. Then, since it was early I went back in and seen another movie alone; no hesitation.

Just last week I was telling my brother I'd NEVER go to a movie theater alone. But at the same time, the thought of having to find someone to go with, then have that person 'cancel' last minute is just not appealing to me anymore.

Moral of the story, Im not waiting for people anymore. If I want to do something (namely sociable activities) I'll just go. Now, I still haven't mastered going to dinner alone...don't have any plans for that either LOL. But its liberating to not be burdened by someone elses FLAKINESS and FAKENESS.

I was so happy to be able to go without the slightest irritation that I went to the movies alone because I cant get anyone. No, its because sometimes, there's no one else around and why sit around feeling sorry for myself? WHY!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 01:02 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,253,828 times
I do it all the time but most women don't like my kind of movies? Oh, let's go see a romance/drama movie. Let's not!LOL...... You wouldn't catch me dead in there like a lot of the guys who are whipped.LOL.....

Old 12-12-2009, 01:04 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,896,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
If some of you have kept track of my posts, you may have realized I've been thru so much in this whole dating thing; namely online dating.

So last night I had nothing much to do, found a cheap movie theater with some good movies, and went with no hesitation. Then, since it was early I went back in and seen another movie alone; no hesitation.

Just last week I was telling my brother I'd NEVER go to a movie theater alone. But at the same time, the thought of having to find someone to go with, then have that person 'cancel' last minute is just not appealing to me anymore.

Moral of the story, Im not waiting for people anymore. If I want to do something (namely sociable activities) I'll just go. Now, I still haven't mastered going to dinner alone...don't have any plans for that either LOL. But its liberating to not be burdened by someone elses FLAKINESS and FAKENESS.

I was so happy to be able to go without the slightest irritation that I went to the movies alone because I cant get anyone. No, its because sometimes, there's no one else around and why sit around feeling sorry for myself? WHY!?
I'm so happy for you! Some of these things are so small, but seem so BIG.

When I was going through a divorce several years ago, it was such a monumental thing for me to go to a movie theater alone. I thought everyone was looking at me. Turns out a lot of other people were sitting alone in the theater too. Nobody came and sat beside them, except for another person they didn't know.

I would do the same thing again, even though I'm living with my boyfriend. He likes science fiction, I like movies about people. But I could easily go again to a theater alone. It was the very first attempt that was the hardest. Now, it's nothing. And you can focus more on the movie.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:06 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,076,250 times
I did this once or twice before when I was single.
I admire you and anyone else who can stand up for the 'single' person and still realize you have a right to a life, to see films you like, to be a person not part of a couple.

I tend to watch a lot of dvds on my own at home. My husband works nights and doesn't like the films I like. He prefers to watch tv with my son.
I have the right to watch what I want and do it. If there was a movie I wanted to see I would go, too.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:12 PM

However, a pretty woman sitting next to you beats a fat dude stuffing his pie hole with popcorn and slopping it over on your lap? LOL........

Old 12-12-2009, 01:19 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,192,758 times
Oh I used to do it all the time. Heck I used to go out of the country on vacation alone if I felt like it so going to the movies was never a big deal.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
However, a pretty woman sitting next to you beats a fat dude stuffing his pie hole with popcorn and slopping it over on your lap? LOL........
This, my friend, is true

Old 12-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,171,145 times
i like this better then seeing movies with ppl. the theater is right aroudn the corner from me so i'll just go spur of the moment on the weekends sometimes. beats calling someone, waiting for them to get there then not talking during the movie anywayz

Old 12-12-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
This, my friend, is true
It happened to you too before? Even worse he keeps blowing a** throughout the whole movie! LMAO............

Old 12-12-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
It happened to you too before? Even worse he keeps blowing a** throughout the whole movie! LMAO............
It was a guy and made grunting noises - I thought I was at the movies with a farm animal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships