Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 07:56 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times

Advertisements

I do!! Alot of people don't ............anymore...................do YOU???
Do you send them to people you don't like just because it's Christmas?

I overheard some guy in the Hallmark store the other day saying he only knows of 2 people he would send cards too!!

What is your take? LOL
Does anyone get those BS unpersonalized Xmas/HOliday Letters that people send and it's ALL about them? LOL>>>Not even their own signature! just typewritten? Now those pss me off! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 08:05 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Normally, I send out Christmas cards; usually around 50. I have a huge Italian family that keeps growing. I leave some people out, but there are just too many folk in my life to get it all done. I should start in the summer. I also send a little gift with each card. Nothing that costs, but I like craft projects. This year I didn't send out one card (family tragedy that cancelled christmas for me).

Old 12-23-2009, 08:07 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Yes, we send cards, and we've received about a dozen from family and friends. They're on our fridge.

We do the newsletter too, at grandparental request.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:12 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
I do!! Alot of people don't ............anymore...................do YOU???
#1-Do you send them to people you don't like just because it's Christmas?

I overheard some guy in the Hallmark store the other day saying he only knows of 2 people he would send cards too!!

What is your take? LOL
Does anyone get those BS unpersonalized Xmas/HOliday Letters that people send and it's ALL about them? LOL>>>Not even their own signature! just typewritten? Now those pss me off! LOL
#1-We send to people we like and love. Oh, and we always send one back to anyone who sends one to us.

#2-We usually send out a minimum of fifty. Although, this year we were conservative and sent out closer to thirty.

#3- We've received several in the past. They are usually full of enough bragadocious crap to produce the gag reflex.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:13 AM

1,057 posts, read 2,011,981 times
I send out cards at Chinese New Year. Sincerely. Everybody's over the December holidays by then, and it's refreshing to get a little personalized treat in the mail that isn't a credit card bill. They're also usually very pretty.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:15 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
I send out cards. We've lived several different places and so have lots of friends and family we don't see very often (if at all). I probably send out 50 cards each year. I don't always send cards to our local friends - just depends on how "on the ball" I am....I send out a letter also, but only to people who I think would want to read it and NOT to locals. I love getting letters - I would much rather get a letter with a card than just a card with a signature. Most people we get cards from are not people I see regularly - I want to know what's going on - I want pictures of your family, kids, dog! That's why we're friends - because I care about what's happening in your life...I guess it depends on the letter though. I can remember my parents had one friend who would send out letters going on an on about all their family's accomplishments over the year - it got to be kind of a joke honestly. Most people who we get letters from aren't writing in a braggy way - just an informative (and often funny) way.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:15 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,592,370 times
I still send cards. Way too many of them

Nope, I don't send cards to people I don't like. What's the sense?

I actually like the Christmas letters, it's a fast & easy way to catch up with the goings-on! Several people I get them from include pictures, which is nice.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:18 AM

865 posts, read 2,432,258 times
I send email Christmas cards. Lots easier, cheaper, faster....maybe when we're back the in the US, I'll start with the reg. cards again, but I don't know, this is sooooooo much simpler.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:26 AM

195 posts, read 293,799 times
Default Christmas Cards are flooding in but no note, pictures or even a signature (TACKY!!)

My wife and I are getting a lot of Holiday and Christmas Cards this year. Mostly from people from the past who we have not interacted with for years. About 80% of these Holiday Cards are junk mail, here is why:

No personal note telling my wife and I that we are really worth their time. Even a sentence or two in blue ink would be nice.

No form letter telling me what their family is up to. (Of course a hand written note in blue ink would be nice but I would still really like even a form letter.)

No Pictures. If you are not going to send me a personal note or form letter at least send me some pictures to see what you and the family looks like now. Do you still have hair, is your face all wrinkled, his life been good to you?

Finally, I guess I could take a card with no personal note, form letter or pictures, but couldn't you at least handwritten the envelop or signed your name in blue pen? GEEZ!

Old 12-23-2009, 08:29 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Just be thankful you even get a Christmas card. Beosh, whine and complain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships