Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 06:54 AM

1,057 posts, read 2,011,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
"Talk" implies a level of tolerance. I can't stand the noise of sports on TV! Back home soccer used to put me to sleep nicely, though. Go figure... There's something soothing and monotonous to the soccer commentators and the crowds also make monotonous noises - they sound like lullaby songs!

P.S. How did I do that?! I meant to quote Jays.
Ha ha, for me it's golf! Nothing like settling in for a nap on a weekend afternoon when some golf match or other is on. All the whispering and shushing, it's like being in a nursery!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 06:59 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
Ha ha, for me it's golf! Nothing like settling in for a nap on a weekend afternoon when some golf match or other is on. All the whispering and shushing, it's like being in a nursery!
TV golf is decidedly sleep enhancing and for excitement, ranks right up there with bowling! But then, I've been known to sleep through baseball as well.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:59 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I was talking about the upcoming superbowl matchup and a female coworkers says in a ittitated tone-

"can yall please tae that conversation somewhere else because I'm trying to work?

But when I told her I had a date tomorrow tonight she was suddenly interested in talking and asked

"where are yall going?
"where did you meet her?
"what are you wearing"

But just a few seconds before that she was TOO BUSY-lol

Why do women always try and put an end to a conversation between two men talking about sports???

WHY????
At that time you should have said, "nope sorry, not getting any info out of me since you just told me to move the convo to another area" LOL

Old 01-27-2010, 07:02 AM

1,057 posts, read 2,011,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
TV golf is decidedly sleep enhancing and for excitement, ranks right up there with bowling! But then, I've been known to sleep through baseball as well.
Oh, right! Thank goodness there at least 40 channels of sports on sat TV. Insomnia be gone!

Old 01-27-2010, 07:09 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
I was talking about the upcoming superbowl matchup and a female coworkers says in a ittitated tone-

"can yall please tae that conversation somewhere else because I'm trying to work?

But when I told her I had a date tomorrow tonight she was suddenly interested in talking and asked

"where are yall going?
"where did you meet her?
"what are you wearing"

But just a few seconds before that she was TOO BUSY-lol

Why do women always try and put an end to a conversation between two men talking about sports???

WHY????
It is very irritating to have co workers carrying on a conversation in your work area while you are trying to work. This happens to me alot. I dont care what the conversation is, have it in your own space not mine.

There is a difference if they are having a conversation with me like in your second example.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:36 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
This and Who?Me?'s post are really the only ones which answer the initial question. The bottom line is that when you're at work you're supposed to be working, not discussing personal issues. Sports and any other non-work related topics can be discussed on breaks, during lunch or after work in the local watering hole.
Seems that that comment went down like a zinc cupcake. We eagerly await the results of this first date in 2010. Sigh!

Old 01-27-2010, 08:38 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
My dad was a SPORTS NUT in his time
He-he, my Dad was yelling at the TV, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
Just imagine that some people actually spend hours WATCHING the grass grow!

Old 01-27-2010, 08:46 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,739 times
Quote:
This and Who?Me?'s post are really the only ones which answer the initial question. The bottom line is that when you're at work you're supposed to be working, not discussing personal issues. Sports and any other non-work related topics can be discussed on breaks, during lunch or after work in the local watering hole.
Quote:
Seems that that comment went down like a zinc cupcake. We eagerly await the results of this first date in 2010. Sigh!
No, it didn't

I agree that non-work discussions should be taking place while on breaks or outside of work; it is really quite annoying to try and concentrate on your work when people are having those types of conversations. But...it happens all the time.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:51 AM

622 posts, read 1,279,970 times
Im a man and I hate listening to men talk about sports.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:02 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:

WHY????
You cannot be serious about this. Seriously, based on the threads you start here, I am amazed that any woman would go out with you. But, also, based on your threads, its easy to see why you have such great difficulty in finding anyone to date you.

But, to answer your question, a lot of women just are not into sports. Sure there are some who look forward to the Super Bowl because of the parties/barbeques that are associated with it, but most women are just not into football. Just like if you overheard a couple of women talking about a sale at Sallys Fabrics or their scrapbooking you (or most normal men) would not at all be interested in hearing about it. Sports/Football is the same way with women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships