Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 05:33 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,903,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
Yeh, I've seen loads of women come here and post that there are no good men left and start telling us their sob stories.
According to your info you've only been coming here since Nov. 2009 and you've seen "loads of women" complain about "no good men left"? I've been hanging around here for a few months, before I actually registered, and I haven't noticed that. Hardly at all. And I've read hundreds and hundreds of posts. I see very few complaining about men. I HAVE, however, seen a whole lot of complaining by men and some really bad dissing of women. Granted it's only a few but, dear lord, I don't know where they come up with half of this stuff.

I can appreciate your posts because so many of them are tongue in cheek but some of these guys are real dyed in the wool woman haters, seems like to me. They sure don't know much about women as a whole but, like a lot of us women, haven't used the best judgement sometimes. I just don't get the cynical, bitter and hateful stuff that comes out. It's beyond me how people can let a few bad experiences in their lives color the whole rest of it. Considering how long people live anymore I can't imagine living the REST of my life being so hateful and miserable. For a 20 something that might be at least 60 years!

Old 02-03-2010, 07:10 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Well, that will happen about the same time as women being paid equal salaries as men for equal work and the glass ceiling no longer exists. Wake me when that happens.........

Ok then....tag..you're it...go ahead and create another thread about how unfair it is to be a man. Go ahead.......I'll wait
The existence of the glass ceiling is now a myth. It was shattered years ago. The reason it's propagated is because the feminists don't give you the whole picture by constantly making apples to oranges comparisons. Women do make less, as a whole, than men, as a whole, is because of several reasons such as less aggressive pay negotiations, leaving the workforce for YEARS for childrearing, and missing out on experience and annual pay increases in the process. They also accept less pay for better hours, flextime, and more quality life options. Study after study after study, about 270 in fact from 1999 to today, have all come to the same conclusion. Women earn less because they don't work the same hours, jobs, and take the same risks as men.

The women who do work the same jobs with equivalent education and experience, for the most part they make the same as men. However, in the upper echelon positions women tend to make a bit more actually, about 116% of what the men made.

If there's any glass xyz it's the class cellar. When are women going to start making up their fair share of workplace deaths? Currently men comprise well over 90% of those who die on the job in the United States. Feminism has done a great job of turning women into victims, so they get a lot of special treatment and "encouragement" programs. Strange there's no programs for women to become roofers, garbage collectors, or to make up 50% of the military (or even register for selective service). This is one of the biggest problems with modern day feminism. It's all about the good stuff and never the bad. That makes it all about entitlement and special treatment. Where's their "fair share" of the negative aspects of life that comes along with that equality????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
This is being done, though to slowly. Id like to see more fathers advocate groups pushing legislation for more fair CS laws.
Imagine that, we actually agree on something. However, the amount of men getting custody isn't really all that much of an improvement. Despite the perception of a large increase it's only gone up less than 1% since 1972. What has changed is that people are more plugged in and news spreads faster. When a man does get custody people take note and word gets around. Don't let that fool you into thinking it actually happens a lot.

Last edited by Nutz76; 02-03-2010 at 07:19 PM..

Old 02-03-2010, 07:12 PM

361 posts, read 1,087,816 times
Holla we want PRENUP! WE WANT PRENUP! YEEA!

It's somethin that you need to have/
cause when she live ya a** she gonna leave with half/

Coming from a man, as far as I'm concerned, other men who don't marry with pre nups are idiots and deserve what they get when the time comes around. That's what you get when you act stupid.

Honest to god, not to sound like a lunatic, but if I married a woman without a prenup and got a divorce, I would kill my "wife" and serve a life sentence before I ever let her strip me of everything I had worked so hard for. Either way your life is over, at least with this way I would still be able to maintain and go out with some dignity.

And yes, I understand not all women are like this, but I'm just saying.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:16 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,549,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtParkShiner View Post
Holla we want PRENUP! WE WANT PRENUP! YEEA!

It's somethin that you need to have/
cause when she live ya a** she gonna leave with half/

Coming from a man, as far as I'm concerned, other men who don't marry with pre nups are idiots and deserve what they get when the time comes around. That's what you get when you act stupid.

Honest to god, not to sound like a lunatic, but if I married a woman without a prenup and got a divorce, I would kill my "wife" and serve a life sentence before I ever let her strip me of everything I had worked so hard for. Either way your life is over, at least with this way I would still be able to maintain and go out with some dignity.

And yes, I understand not all women are like this, but I'm just saying.
And the men on this forum try to say women are the violent ones. This is the second post I've read in the last 15 minutes glorifying violence against a woman.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:23 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
And the men on this forum try to say women are the violent ones. This is the second post I've read in the last 15 minutes glorifying violence against a woman.
He's glorifying Kanye West lyrics too. That is an abomination in itself.

But yes, his little remark about "killing" his wife is disturbing. Violence should not be glorified in any matter toward any subject. Unless you're protecting yourself/another person, it is awful.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
He's glorifying Kanye West lyrics too. That is an abomination in itself.

But yes, his little remark about "killing" his wife is disturbing. Violence should not be glorified in any matter toward any subject. Unless you're protecting yourself/another person, it is awful.
But you are protecting yourself. Your "significant" other is trying to rob you of your life and you are defending it. Sounds fair enough to me.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
You are protecting yourself. Your "significant" other is trying to rob you of your life and you are defending it. Sounds fair enough to me.
Murder is "defending" it? Try that on a judge/jury. Good luck!

Old 02-03-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
This is the second post I've read in the last 15 minutes glorifying violence against a woman.
So maybe this should tell you something about the women these days that men are dealing with. I'm sure the man before me, and I know as well as for myself, that we are not serial killers/rapists. Were not stalking alley ways looking to prey upon some innocent woman in the streets. We are just saying that if a woman (or anybody) thinks they have a right to ruin our lives or go way out of line in their behavior towards us, just expect a reaction. The days of kowtowing towards and walking egg shells around women is slowly coming to an end. If you all want equality, you got it. I love women and respect women, but if you want to disrespect me, I will disrespect you. That's about as fair as it gets.

I don't buy the whole "you can't do that to a woman" excuse. It's complete BS and women just use it as a pass these days to disrespect men. We are all human beings so if you want to treat me less than one, man or woman, expect the same treatment in return. If you don't want a nasty reaction don't start crap to begin with. Women don't seem to have a full grasp of this very simple concept. Well, many may unfortunately be in for a rude awakening. Men are slowly waking up to the fact that they have been played as fools for decades.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
So maybe this should tell you something about the women these days that men are dealing with. I'm sure the man before me, and I know as well as for myself, that we are not serial killers/rapists. Were not stalking alley ways looking to prey upon some innocent woman in the streets. We are just saying that if a woman (or anybody) thinks they have a right to ruin our lives or go way out of line in their behavior towards us, just expect a reaction. The days of kowtowing towards and walking egg shells around women is slowly coming to an end. If you all want equality, you got it. I love women and respect women, but if you want to disrespect me, I will disrespect you. That's about as fair as it gets.

I don't buy the whole "you can't do that to a woman" excuse. It's complete BS and women just use it as a pass these days to disrespect men. We are all human beings so if you want to treat me less than one, man or woman, expect the same treatment in return. If you don't want a nasty reaction don't start crap to begin with. Women don't seem to have a full grasp of this very simple concept. Well, many may unfortunately be in for a rude awakening.
Dude you are talking about MURDER! You can't do that to ANYONE, not just women.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:04 PM

378 posts, read 1,063,233 times
Quote:
Dude you are talking about MURDER! You can't do that to ANYONE, not just women.
I do not think he is actually talking about killing someone because that would hurt himself too. I can see his point though. There are girls who'll come up to a guy and be pissed about something and think they can kick or punch or throw drinks or any kind of violence and they won't be hit back. I say if they come up doing that kind of stuff the guy has a right to just slug her and stop her. If she can dish it out like that she better be ready to get it back. If a girl is hittin' you and she started it you have the right to finish it. Maybe she'll learn a lesson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships