Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Jeep marry her Fiance?
Jeep, do NOT marry this guy! Run! Run! Run! 67 89.33%
Jeep, I think you should work this out and marry him. 8 10.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 08:01 AM

930 posts, read 2,424,377 times

Advertisements

Jeep, this is the best advice you are ever going to get. Did you even READ it ????

Dear Jeep. When you cut thru all the b-sht where Hallmark and Zales try to get you to part with your hard earned money....dating and marriage come down to supply and demand for the vast majority of people.

"Fall in love" does happen, and there are reports of it occuring in a small town in Iowa in 1950. For the other 99% of the population, this will come down to 1) how hot are you (your profile is private now, and I cannot remember what you looked like) 2) how attractive and successful is this dude you are considering.

In the event that you are hot, and I think that you are (partially judging by your attitude) then you have lotsa options because guys are so miserably shallow they cannot see straight. Just don't get old. And it sounds like dude who hung up on you is desparate....thus the "let's get married quick".

Both indicate you are out of his league and can do better.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program "Gone with the Wind", where people actually fall in love. No wait....Scarlett just declared she would never be poor again...

Old 02-17-2010, 09:09 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,724,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qdogfball View Post
People REALLY need to see how their SO behaves when things are stressful and how they resolve conflict.
I agree, and this should apply equally to JeepGirl and her ex. I hope Jeep learned something about how she deals with conflicts, too.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:16 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,493,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
Jeep, this is the best advice you are ever going to get. Did you even READ it ????

Dear Jeep. When you cut thru all the b-sht where Hallmark and Zales try to get you to part with your hard earned money....dating and marriage come down to supply and demand for the vast majority of people.

"Fall in love" does happen, and there are reports of it occuring in a small town in Iowa in 1950. For the other 99% of the population, this will come down to 1) how hot are you (your profile is private now, and I cannot remember what you looked like) 2) how attractive and successful is this dude you are considering.

In the event that you are hot, and I think that you are (partially judging by your attitude) then you have lotsa options because guys are so miserably shallow they cannot see straight. Just don't get old. And it sounds like dude who hung up on you is desparate....thus the "let's get married quick".

Both indicate you are out of his league and can do better.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program "Gone with the Wind", where people actually fall in love. No wait....Scarlett just declared she would never be poor again...
"Frankly Beena. I dont give a damn what Scarlett said!"

Old 02-17-2010, 11:01 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,191,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I agree, and this should apply equally to JeepGirl and her ex. I hope Jeep learned something about how she deals with conflicts, too.
Yeah. I'm really stunned how quickly she broke up with him. Yesterday was only two days after Valentines Day. And I'm disappointed that she couldn't wait to break up with him face to face. That's kind of cowardly imo.

I think I remember her picture on her profile before she made it private. She was blonde and then briefly was a redhead or brunette? And she's very pretty and young looking for her age. So I'm sure that she can do better in the relationship department, but I'd caution her about wanting to be treated like a princess.

Between the quickness of the breakup and not doing it face to face, her leaving C-D over this, I suppose the other thing that really bothers me is how she was comparing her ex-fiance's V-day behaviour to that of what her girlfriends' menfolk were doing for them. Again, what ones man does on V-day is not part of some womens contest, and I hate when women compare notes with each other on what they got for presents and dinner out. V-day should be a couples holiday, not a celebration of princesshood. And all that really should happen is each partner showing their other half some extra love and affection... instead of the men helping FTD, Zales and Hallmark increase their profits. Women let themselves be brainwashed by ads by De Beers and Jareds. And wish they lived the romances they see on the tv and movie screen. But that's not reality. So say no to frivolous flowers that wilt in a few days and overpriced poor quality mall store jewelry, and instead say yes to cuddling and a night alone with a homecooked meal in front of a fireplace.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:39 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,679,793 times
Good luck!!!

Old 02-17-2010, 11:45 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,552,921 times
Jeep,

Marriage is very hard work. So if you are not ready for the give and take. I suggest not getting married and wait until you are mature enough to handle it.

I hate to hear it come to this. I was really excited about you getting married.

I hope it all works out

Old 02-17-2010, 12:15 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,493,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Yeah. I'm really stunned how quickly she broke up with him. Yesterday was only two days after Valentines Day. And I'm disappointed that she couldn't wait to break up with him face to face. That's kind of cowardly imo.

I think I remember her picture on her profile before she made it private. She was blonde and then briefly was a redhead or brunette? And she's very pretty and young looking for her age. So I'm sure that she can do better in the relationship department, but I'd caution her about wanting to be treated like a princess.

Between the quickness of the breakup and not doing it face to face, her leaving C-D over this, I suppose the other thing that really bothers me is how she was comparing her ex-fiance's V-day behaviour to that of what her girlfriends' menfolk were doing for them. Again, what ones man does on V-day is not part of some womens contest, and I hate when women compare notes with each other on what they got for presents and dinner out. V-day should be a couples holiday, not a celebration of princesshood. And all that really should happen is each partner showing their other half some extra love and affection... instead of the men helping FTD, Zales and Hallmark increase their profits. Women let themselves be brainwashed by ads by De Beers and Jareds. And wish they lived the romances they see on the tv and movie screen. But that's not reality. So say no to frivolous flowers that wilt in a few days and overpriced poor quality mall store jewelry, and instead say yes to cuddling and a night alone with a homecooked meal in front of a fireplace.
I dont think Jeepgirl expects any more from a man than she is willing to give in return. And I dont think expecting to not be cursed at by your fiance is wanting to be treated like a princess.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:23 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,321,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post

Right on!

However, I'm really glad Jeep won't be, "SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY."

Old 02-17-2010, 12:41 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,528,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
"SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY."
Which was 100% ficitonal.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:58 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,345,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I dont think Jeepgirl expects any more from a man than she is willing to give in return. And I dont think expecting to not be cursed at by your fiance is wanting to be treated like a princess.
I totally agree. How many of us guys would want to be treated like that? Certainly not me.

And I don't think this was the only thing that was the decision maker. I think Jeepgirl had these thoughts much longer before that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships