Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 11:33 PM

226 posts, read 483,317 times

Advertisements

Why is it so difficult to fine a good woman over 50 to date?
I'm a 56 year old man and have trying to fine a nice lady to
Date in her 50s without any success. I have no interest in
Dating younger woman at my age. Where are all the nice
Older girls gone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2017, 12:37 AM

11,022 posts, read 5,980,231 times
I started dating at around your age. It didn't take me long but I did have a few false starts. Internet dating is a wonderful filter. My last lady - the one I am now living with - found me. So did the one before her and we were together for three years and I mean living together.

So, what are you bringing to the table? How are you searching? What do you say to them?

Old 09-27-2017, 05:52 AM

11,366 posts, read 9,278,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I started dating at around your age. It didn't take me long but I did have a few false starts. Internet dating is a wonderful filter. My last lady - the one I am now living with - found me. So did the one before her and we were together for three years and I mean living together.

So, what are you bringing to the table? How are you searching? What do you say to them?
LOL, True. There it is OP, for the most part anyway. It doesn't matter what type of person you are or how well you will treat someone. Bad luck in the past, like former health issues, job layoffs late in life, and / or taken in a divorce, none of that matters.
But if you have a lot of money and are still working age currently earning 6 figures or close, you will have a good chance.

Almost all conversations I've had with older women, which weren't that many, centered around how much money I have, sometimes indirectly. I'm assuming that means future travel (not really my thing anyway) and comfortable retirement. This is on first meeting. So if you don't have that, move along. Best to get in the mindset of being your own best friend.

Internet dating was a waste of time for me. For a guy my experience is it was like applying for a job. The process was not fun for me at all. I gave up on that 6 years ago.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:03 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,937,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJAN246 View Post
Why is it so difficult to find a good woman over 50 to date?
Where are you looking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Internet dating is a wonderful filter.
It sure can be. At least you know that 100% of those who you come across there are ALSO looking.
(That is not true of the women you'll bump into at the grocery store or the dog park)

Just don't make the mistake of equating online chats with dating.
You have to get out into the sunshine with them before actual dating can even start.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:09 AM

8,270 posts, read 8,646,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
LOL, True. There it is OP, for the most part anyway. It doesn't matter what type of person you are or how well you will treat someone. Bad luck in the past, like former health issues, job layoffs late in life, and / or taken in a divorce, none of that matters.
But if you have a lot of money and are still working age currently earning 6 figures or close, you will have a good chance.

Almost all conversations I've had with older women, which weren't that many, centered around how much money I have, sometimes indirectly. I'm assuming that means future travel (not really my thing anyway) and comfortable retirement. This is on first meeting. So if you don't have that, move along. Best to get in the mindset of being your own best friend.

Internet dating was a waste of time for me. For a guy my experience is it was like applying for a job. The process was not fun for me at all. I gave up on that 6 years ago.
It does matter how nice you are and how you treat someone. It also matters if you can afford the lifestyle they are accustomed to.

Do you want to take them to a nice restaurant or do you want them to cook for you?

Health is important. Many women have done their time as a caregiver and don't want to do that again.

Doesn't everyone want a comfortable retirement?

I'm a guy but I certainly don't blame women for weeding out at the beginning. Why should they waste their time. If I were looking for a relationship I would do the same.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
It does matter how nice you are and how you treat someone. It also matters if you can afford the lifestyle they are accustomed to.

Do you want to take them to a nice restaurant or do you want them to cook for you?

Health is important. Many women have done their time as a caregiver and don't want to do that again.

Doesn't everyone want a comfortable retirement?

I'm a guy but I certainly don't blame women for weeding out at the beginning. Why should they waste their time. If I were looking for a relationship I would do the same.
I agree with the bolded and was going back to edit. Too late.

You are correct as well that if you don't have a lot of money chances are great you will be discarded. Money is secondary to me but obviously I'm in the minority.

Regarding the "health" part I assume you missed the "former issues" in my post...

Old 09-27-2017, 06:18 AM

8,270 posts, read 8,646,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
I agree with the bolded and was going back to edit. Too late.

Regarding the "health issues" I assume you missed the "former" in my post...
I didn't miss it. If it was former how would they even know about it? That makes me think something may still be there.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
I didn't miss it. If it was former how would they even know about it? That makes me think something may still be there.
No. It had to do with out of pocket expenses for expensive surgery that wiped me out financially. No health insurance due to layoff and no help from the state. This was before the ACA.

I'm 100% cured and healthier than most males my age due to daily exercise and healthy eating.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:11 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
OP, it's a men's market at 50+. The online sites in that age group are dominated by women. If you're not interested in doing the online thing, then it's a little more challenging, but still--those women are everywhere. See if there are Meetups for singles over a certain age in your area, or Meetups for anyone over a certain age. Check out hobby Meetups. Check out Meetups that are for newcomers to town. Maybe dance venues of various sorts; Balkan folkdancing tends to skew toward an older demographic. See if there's a hiking or walking group for people 50+. Do some brainstorming along these lines.

Old 09-27-2017, 02:12 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
So how many women have you dated and what do you find not nice about them?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships