Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 12:38 PM

404 posts, read 702,950 times

Advertisements

I have been searching many forums for a long time now. I have seen countless threads about guys who can't get women attracted to them. They would ask for help, work on it, try again, complain, ... you know the deal. I even made a thread about this here some time ago.

But the thing is: Having read so many threads about this, I have never found one of these men that was successful. Some threads were well beyond 100 pages, so there has to be some good advice there. Some men sounded like they were doing good work... but they never made themselves attractive enough to find someone.

So my question is simple. Can a man learn to be more attractive? Or will the ones who are successful will keep getting all the women? So far the evidence I have doesn't seem very promising.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 01:20 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,856,027 times
Your evidence is skewed. Remember that the ones who are doing the posting are the unsuccessful ones--the successful ones are out being, well, successful.

I assume you mean at love? An interesting phenomenon is that some men age very gracefully and are more attractive as they get older. My ex was one of those--he was never considered all that good looking until after he turned 40 and then women started hitting on him. The better you take care of yourself now and the more you make yourself more interesting, the better of a chance you have at being one of those men.

I meet so many women who want a man and so many men on here complaining that they can't get a woman--why don't you guys move to St. Louis? Honestly, men and women seem to be in the same boat, and I just think that modern life plays a big part in why people can't find a partner--it's not conducive to having a relationship.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:27 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,604,105 times
I have seen plenty of men without money, and without model good looks attract women!!

Old 03-13-2010, 01:32 PM

404 posts, read 702,950 times
Well of course there are men who have always been successful with women but I am not speaking about that.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:39 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,604,105 times
Confidence helps, and knowing that rejection is something that happens. Keeping yourself groomed, might help. And improving how you dress(does not have to be expensive clothes either).

Old 03-13-2010, 01:58 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,273,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
I have been searching many forums for a long time now. I have seen countless threads about guys who can't get women attracted to them. They would ask for help, work on it, try again, complain, ... you know the deal. I even made a thread about this here some time ago.

But the thing is: Having read so many threads about this, I have never found one of these men that was successful. Some threads were well beyond 100 pages, so there has to be some good advice there. Some men sounded like they were doing good work... but they never made themselves attractive enough to find someone.

So my question is simple. Can a man learn to be more attractive? Or will the ones who are successful will keep getting all the women? So far the evidence I have doesn't seem very promising.
There is no hope for old Rugged anymore. Guess what? I don't give a s***!!!!LMAO....... Go away, we do just fine alone! D***, that guy plays hard to get!!!!!LOL.......... I play even harder now!!!

Old 03-13-2010, 02:02 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,657,260 times
Quote:
Is there hope for men who never had success?
In my case, apparently not.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:04 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,273,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
How do you think we got so good at are hobbies? Right buddy!LOL..........

Old 03-13-2010, 02:07 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,425,022 times
Yeah if you don't have any "success," then honestly, who wants to be around you? Start getting successful at stuff. It's not that difficult.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:10 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,856,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
You had your fun, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships