Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 05:31 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times

Advertisements

I had something weird happen at church not long ago. The church was having a sale and he offered to buy me something. I declined, because I'm not big on having people I don't know that well buy me things. Anyway I see this guy all the time in church and he comes up to me to talk. As he's getting to know me he chats more. I don't want to be rude but I don't want him to get interested in me since I have a boyfriend and even if I didn't, I wouldn't be interested because he's not my type. Should I say something or wait and see if he asks me out and tell him then? I don't know if he's married or not but he comes to church by himself.

Last edited by Idon'tdateyou; 04-05-2014 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: forgot to add punctuation, duh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 05:37 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I had something weird happen at church not long ago. The church was having a sale and he offered to buy me something I declined because I'm not big on having people I don't know that well buy me things. Anyway I see this guy all the time in church and he comes up to me to talk. As he's getting to know me he chats more. I don't want to be rude but I don't want him to get interested in me since I have a boyfriend and even if I didn't, I wouldn't be interested because he's not my type. Should I say something or wait and see if he asks me out and tell him then? I don't know if he's married or not but he comes to church by himself.

In church is a great place to tell him to "get thee behind me!".

Old 04-05-2014, 05:40 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
If you were single, why wouldn't he be your type?

Oh, Id wait till the next time he tries making advances.

Old 04-05-2014, 05:40 PM

It was weird because this guy came up to me and offered to buy me something. Not even sure what but he smiles when he sees me. He's not my type even if I was looking but would hate to upset someone who is interested in me. He probably was just being nice. He's not my type because I don't find him attractive.

Old 04-05-2014, 05:44 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
It was weird because this guy came up to me and offered to buy me something. Not even sure what but he smiles when he sees me. He's not my type even if I was looking but would hate to upset someone who is interested in me. He probably was just being nice. He's not my type because I don't find him attractive.
I assume, your bf doesn't go with you to church? If not, maybe he thinks youre single; reason for his behavior?

Old 04-05-2014, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I assume, your bf doesn't go with you to church? If not, maybe he thinks youre single; reason for his behavior?
Sometimes he goes, sometimes not but I often bring his mother. The church issue is something we are fighting about because he wants to go but is scared to go more often. I don't even know if this other guy is interested, he could be just friendly. I hate to lead him on but he's probably just friendly.

Old 04-05-2014, 05:49 PM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
just tell him that you have a boyfriend or tell him that your boyfriend will get mad at his present.. end of story/drama.

Old 04-05-2014, 05:52 PM

I have considered that but don't even know if he's interested or just being friendly. if just friendly then it'll make it uncomfortable.

Old 04-05-2014, 05:55 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,419,497 times
Quote:
Sometimes he goes, sometimes not but I often bring his mother. The church issue is something we are fighting about because he wants to go but is scared to go more often. I don't even know if this other guy is interested, he could be just friendly. I hate to lead him on but he's probably just friendly.

What is there to fight about? Let him go whenever he feels like going.

I think the guy at church is being friendly. If he makes a clear advance, then tell him.

Old 04-05-2014, 05:58 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,141,236 times
Find a way to bring up your boyfriend in conversation when this man talks to you. This way it doesn't look like you're assuming this guy is interested in you romantically, but are just casually referring to your bf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships