Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 12:13 PM

548 posts, read 1,251,631 times

Advertisements

Can any man on here honestly admit to liking the second pic that gwyn posted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 12:18 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
Shakira could stop the Taliban with her moves.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,248 times
hey if they like "" stix then thats their fetish me personally I find healthy girls quite attractive

Old 03-21-2010, 12:36 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
Can any man on here honestly admit to liking the second pic that gwyn posted?
If you're talking about the anorexic looking thing on post #90 - http://www.city-data.com/forum/13385110-post90.html then NO. Nothing to like at all about someone who looks sick.

High fashion runway models no longer look like that though. Wife and I have been watching a LOT of FTV with fashion shows and events/parties and it appears that the day of the super thin sickly models are long over. Think its just people still living in the 80s who mistakenly think that models are super sickly thin like the second pic she posted.

As super unnatractive as that second pic is, Id still would prefer to have sex with a woman who looks like that than a woman who is fat if given an ultimatim to choose between the two.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:41 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi mango tango,

I would buy that theory except for one thing, it doesn't even make the clothes look good. Even VS is now heading into the heroin addicted , garnish plate special look. They look like pretty but starving women. The designers are dreaming of Roman style catamites with vomit on their breath.

This woman is a US size 8. That is what most men like(or some slight offset) and they don't care what she wears so long as it is in a pile near the bed post at some point. It takes 50,000 calories to make a baby.

I am not making anymore excuses for them. If you like men to back door you in the alley and slam your head against the dumper, have at it; but stop sitting on your stool, petting your groomed poodle while asking women to starve themselves for your pleasure. If not, then my homosexual neutrality ends with medieval tolerance . As for the women, if you are adored by Fabio with a lisp, you got yourself a great shopping buddy.

That shred of burlap-esque, hanging on Milanese barbed wire, looks like hell on hot pink carriage.
What I mean is that there are no curves, rolls, or bumps to get in the way of the clothing. There's no dressing to flatter the body shape. The body shape (ie: thin) fits the clothing. Much of the clothes shown on the runway will not look good on all body types.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:06 PM

20,715 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
If you're talking about the anorexic looking thing on post #90 - http://www.city-data.com/forum/13385110-post90.html then NO. Nothing to like at all about someone who looks sick.

High fashion runway models no longer look like that though. Wife and I have been watching a LOT of FTV with fashion shows and events/parties and it appears that the day of the super thin sickly models are long over. Think its just people still living in the 80s who mistakenly think that models are super sickly thin like the second pic she posted.

As super unnatractive as that second pic is, Id still would prefer to have sex with a woman who looks like that than a woman who is fat if given an ultimatim to choose between the two.

Hi LaoTzuMindFu,

That last batch they had for VS looked like a shift in the wrong direction to me. I saw one model who I thought looked like she had any reserve at all. I have also seen a bit of America's top model and some white haired, made up, jackass is running the whole thing. They are not quite at that extreme as in the second photo, but the boyish androgynous look is evident. Its always hard straight lines from body type, posture and even make up that, rather than soften, eliminates femininity. The men are more feminine.

The other consideration is these are young women with healthy features in their prime. Sure I would rather find them in the sack rather than someone who is obese, but then what is the point? I think the fashion industry at this level is ludicrous.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
What I mean is that there are no curves, rolls, or bumps to get in the way of the clothing. There's no dressing to flatter the body shape. The body shape (ie: thin) fits the clothing. Much of the clothes shown on the runway will not look good on all body types.

Hi mango tango

To women and homosexuals who like boys, yes, it does. Too me, it does not. Much of the clothing looks hideous. Covering the curves, rolls or bumps is exactly my point. Its trying to cover up female features and turn models into squared off, boyish looking images. The goal of the design is to make a model look boyish, its not the other way around. Clothing is designed to flatter features, not people to flatter clothing. Its not to show of the clothes, but to show how the clothing nullifies those annoying girlish bumps. If the clothes make a woman look like this, then that is just peachy. Its designed to flatter the boyish appeal. Its because who runs the industry, and who blindly follows them.

http://www.vmagazine.com/cms/files/020808_tomblog.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-21-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Gwynedd, I don't understand this. Heterosexual women like men, yes, but that doesn't mean they find boyish women attractive. Would you say that heterosexual men find effeminate men attractive?

Hi JustJulia,

Yes actually. As I said, men shave off their own body hair. However men do tend to like masculine men because of an instinct to rally to the muscle. Women agree much less on what attractive men look like from all the research and are far more influenced by cultural pressure. I can, and do, see women project their boyish preferences on women.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:58 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,630 times
Gwynedd: I'm specifically speaking of female models who sell fashion. Yes, the target market is woman (and perhaps crossdressers). The clothing is meant to be flattering, but do you think designers want to go through hundreds of models to find a girl for one outfit? The girls have to be able to wear any outfit. That's the point. This way they can go from this outfit to the next without any worries about whether it is flattering. In real life, we buy clothes that flatter us, but models have to wear whatever the designers designates for them. Thus, having some sort of consistency is helpful for the designers. You know how when the designers are making the clothes, they use a mannequin? You don't see a designer using a different mannequins for each outfit? Models are kind of like living versions of those mannequins. They're demonstrating how the clothes look when worn - how they flow, move, drape, etc.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Gwynedd: I'm specifically speaking of female models who sell fashion. Yes, the target market is woman (and perhaps crossdressers). The clothing is meant to be flattering, but do you think designers want to go through hundreds of models to find a girl for one outfit? The girls have to be able to wear any outfit. That's the point. This way they can go from this outfit to the next without any worries about whether it is flattering. In real life, we buy clothes that flatter us, but models have to wear whatever the designers designates for them. Thus, having some sort of consistency is helpful for the designers. You know how when the designers are making the clothes, they use a mannequin? You don't see a designer using a different mannequins for each outfit? Models are kind of like living versions of those mannequins. They're demonstrating how the clothes look when worn - how they flow, move, drape, etc.
Greetings mango tango,

I am myself trying to convince a proper brush stroke of Renoir what she is. The mannequin is the simulation of humanity. You are the real thing and its proper place, not what they are hustling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships