Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 05:40 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,958 times

Advertisements

I am of the belief that money is just money, you can always make more. I believe in trying to live life to the fullest.

A lot of people see this as a very immature, naive attitude and tell me "life just doesn't work that way".

I want to see things and do things and meet people and go places and experience things. All that costs money, but it's what makes me happiest. I have no mortgage or children so, why not?

What do you think? What is your attitude?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 05:42 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Don't ever let people tell you this. However, let me draw a distinction for you.

Passion is when you have a lofty dream and you take daily steps to fulfill it.

Naivete is when you have a lofty dream and you sit on your butt expecting it to fall into your lap.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Passion is when you have a lofty dream and you take daily steps to fulfill it.

Naivete is when you have a lofty dream and you sit on your butt expecting it to fall into your lap.
I really like that.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:48 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,254,612 times
I'll get back to ya when I win the Lotto to afford one of these! http://www.guitarsite.com/news/image...nsPresents.jpg

Old 04-13-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
I'll get back to ya when I win the Lotto to afford one of these! http://www.guitarsite.com/news/image...nsPresents.jpg
FWOOOOAR.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:57 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
I am of the belief that money is just money, you can always make more. I believe in trying to live life to the fullest.

A lot of people see this as a very immature, naive attitude and tell me "life just doesn't work that way".

I want to see things and do things and meet people and go places and experience things. All that costs money, but it's what makes me happiest. I have no mortgage or children so, why not?

One other thing I've learned in life.

If you're really passionate about something, you'll do it well. And if you do something really, really well, the money will follow.

So if you infuse your passion with a grain of realism, you'll do quite well.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:02 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,254,612 times
Each one of those is five figures and I hope I get lucky! Maybe if I play one of the songs that was recorded with the original '59 will help?

YouTube - ZZ Top - Just Got Paid

Old 04-13-2010, 06:03 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,145,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post

I think you make perfect sense. In fact, I hope you do not change your attitude when you have a mortgage and (ugh) children. Life is to be enjoyed and money is way, way down the list as far as I am concerned.

high five

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-13-2010, 06:04 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,195,080 times
Didn't you already do a thread about money and travel ?

"What do you do when love is not enough"
He knows travelling is my dream but is constantly telling me that we can't afford it, even though we both have tens of thousands of dollars saved.

His dream is to own a home one day and, being only 5 years shy of 50, he wants that sooner rather than later. As much as I understand that - and I do, I know he is only doing the right thing by us and it is the "grown up thing to do" - and I want that one day too, I am only 30 and I feel the best years of my life are being wasted and are slipping away from me. I may be 30 now but I also wasn't doing any of the stuff I wanted when I was 22, 23, 24 either...

People my age are either settling down or travelling the world and living it up - I am somewhere in the middle, doing neither. Marriage at this stage is not a priority for me, I sometimes feel like there are a lot of things I need to get out of my system before committing my life to someone. I don't even know what they are, but I know something is niggling away at me.

I love summer but I haven't been to the beach in years because I want to go with him but he is embarrassed about his weight - yet he has never made any effort to change it. I will sit there and watch him eat an 8 pack of ice cream bars in one sitting. I just don't know what to do anymore... I love him but I feel like I need more. :-'''( Am I the only person that isn't satisfied with a buttoned-down life?? I sure feel like it sometimes!

Old 04-13-2010, 06:22 PM

UGGHHH YES, YES I already have a thread like this, and there will probably be many more to come. Just pretend I have never posted before, ok?!!

This one is more about people's opinions, I'd like to know what they want personally. I feel very unsure about my feelings and I want to know I am not the only one out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships