Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 08:29 AM

491 posts, read 1,045,868 times

Advertisements

I was watching the Real World Cancun last night on MTV and one of the castmembers, Derek, made a comment in regards to his last relationship. He said, "When you love someone, you do stupid things." Does anyone agree? If so, what "stupid" thing(s) have you done in the name of love?
Is there anyone who disagrees?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 08:34 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,053,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJsMOM83 View Post
I was watching the Real World Cancun last night on MTV and one of the castmembers, Derek, made a comment in regards to his last relationship. He said, "When you love someone, you do stupid things." Does anyone agree? If so, what "stupid" thing(s) have you done in the name of love?
Is there anyone who disagrees?
Oh yes, I agree. I've done dumb stuff like put things, in my name, for guys who didn't have good credit or not enough credit, and guess who had to wind up footing the bill once we broke up? LESSON LEARNED.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:39 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Stupid people do stupid things when they love someone.

Last edited by le roi; 07-16-2009 at 08:54 AM..

Old 07-16-2009, 08:51 AM

62 posts, read 120,786 times
I'd definitely agree on that. But then again how can we learn what we want out of relationships if we've not been so blind about it in the first place.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:00 AM

911 posts, read 2,375,493 times
falling in love with the wrong person is the stupidist thing you can do
cause you will pay the price in the end

Old 07-16-2009, 09:02 AM

1,776 posts, read 4,004,233 times
I think when there is too much emotion and not much thought behind the act, you do stupid things. I'm too logical to do something stupid for my loved ones. If my girl asked me to do something fraudulent, even if she was in a tight bind, I'd say no and that would probably be the end of that relationship.

I think I'd blow a fuse if she tried that 'If you love me" crap too.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
Oh yes, I agree. I've done dumb stuff like put things, in my name, for guys who didn't have good credit or not enough credit, and guess who had to wind up footing the bill once we broke up? LESSON LEARNED.
You know, I ALMOST did that once for my ex (my sons Dad). I felt super bad about him filing for bankruptcy, plus he didnt have a job, a home or a car. I was applying for loans left and right, and helping him look for a car. It wasnt until the foundation of ALL our converstions turned into "Have you heard from the loan place yet? Has the dealership called you back yet?" that I was like, wait a second here...then I realized he was only using me for my credit. I ended up telling him that nobody would approve me. What he doesnt know though, is that at least two places approved me for $10,000!

Old 07-16-2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
Stupid people do stupid things when they love someone.
Your comment made me smile. I'm gonna use that as my qoute of the day.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:11 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
You know, I ALMOST did that once for my ex (my sons Dad). I felt super bad about him filing for bankruptcy, plus he didnt have a job, a home or a car. I was applying for loans left and right, and helping him look for a car. It wasnt until the foundation of ALL our converstions turned into "Have you heard from the loan place yet? Has the dealership called you back yet?" that I was like, wait a second here...then I realized he was only using me for my credit. I ended up telling him that nobody would approve me. What he doesnt know though, is that at least two places approved me for $10,000!
Thanks be to GOD you he never knew and you got rid of him....

Don't feel to badly, though, your surely not the first one. Happened to my girlfriend...he cleaned her out...and she left him do it....?????

Sad...

Old 07-16-2009, 09:13 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,053,366 times
Quote:
Chilllllllllle, be glad you didn't go the car route. My one girlfriend got caught up in some car mess before, for her man at the time, and it was SO not pretty.

I was stuck with paying for a cellphone bill, since I was trapped in a contract, but I found a very reliable person who wanted to take over paying it, so it worked out.....and the other thing I got stuck paying was a furniture store credit card bill. Those were lessons learned for me. I got asked a few times to rent vehicles, but NOPE, I wasn't dealing with THAT at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships