Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 10:11 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times

Advertisements

Ugh...I have been the victim of iPhone neglect and it is beyond rude. My ex would invite me over and then spend the whole night playing with his stupid phone and ignoring me. I feel your pain!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 10:11 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,699,747 times
I figure it is a risk I take when I txt I'm willing to take the risk though

Old 05-01-2010, 10:13 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,592,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I already said that it is rude to be on your I phone during half of dinner and they made a joke of it. Oh, well, people are who they are and I will just not put my energy into maintaining it. I'm the one who always checks up on plans we've made. I got tired of that too. We had plans on either Weds or Thurs this week and I just let the days go by and nothing happened.
I know someone who does that too...only she's on it through EVERYTHING, not just dinner. It drives me absolutely crazy! I said something to her about it once and you know what she did? She started telling me what people were saying and posting in texts and on Facebook. Like I cared? I didn't even know who the heck she was talking about!

The final straw was this past summer. I had just had one of THE worst days of my life and I was pretty distraught. She asked me what was wrong and I was telling her; meanwhile, she is pecking away at her phone. And then she giggled. I stopped talking and said "Really? I didn't think it was funny. But thanks for your support." She lost the smile on her face and said "Sorry....so-and-so said something really funny. What were you saying?"

I got up from her couch and walked out the front door. A few minutes later she sends me a text to apologize. No call - a stupid text.

Okay...I kinda went off on a tangent there That was the long way of saying that I can relate to your frustration with the texting during dinner

Old 05-01-2010, 10:18 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Ugh, I dated a phone guy for a few months last year. Not only would he answer calls and texts, he would stop our conversation to make a "quick call." I finally got to the point that I only agreed to go out with him if his phone stayed in my purse. Then, it just fizzled cause I noticed all his other flaws without the big phone flaw in the way.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:19 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,744,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
I know someone who does that too...only she's on it through EVERYTHING, not just dinner. It drives me absolutely crazy! I said something to her about it once and you know what she did? She started telling me what people were saying and posting in texts and on Facebook. Like I cared? I didn't even know who the heck she was talking about!

The final straw was this past summer. I had just had one of THE worst days of my life and I was pretty distraught. She asked me what was wrong and I was telling her; meanwhile, she is pecking away at her phone. And then she giggled. I stopped talking and said "Really? I didn't think it was funny. But thanks for your support." She lost the smile on her face and said "Sorry....so-and-so said something really funny. What were you saying?"

I got up from her couch and walked out the front door. A few minutes later she sends me a text to apologize. No call - a stupid text.

Okay...I kinda went off on a tangent there That was the long way of saying that I can relate to your frustration with the texting during dinner
Sounds like the same person. When she did that during dinner she was like "OMG guess what so and so just emailed me." Then typing away. Then "OMG blah blah blah" Typing some more. Then "Blah blah blah" At that point I'm spacing out and have an urge to get up and walk to my car. I didn't and just pretended like I didn't hear anything she was saying. What a fantasitic conversationalist! We've been friends for years, but now she's off in some boring world. Maybe she can just go to dinner by herself and her I Phone.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Ugh, I dated a phone guy for a few months last year. Not only would he answer calls and texts, he would stop our conversation to make a "quick call." I finally got to the point that I only agreed to go out with him if his phone stayed in my purse. Then, it just fizzled cause I noticed all his other flaws without the big phone flaw in the way.
I should have done that. Probably could have saved myself a lot of heartache and MONEY! LOL

Old 05-01-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
When she did that during dinner she was like "OMG guess what so and so just emailed me." Then typing away. Then "OMG blah blah blah" Typing some more. Then "Blah blah blah" At that point I'm spacing out and have an urge to get up and walk to my car. I didn't and just pretended like I didn't hear anything she was saying. What a fantasitic conversationalist! We've been friends for years, but now she's off in some boring world. Maybe she can just go to dinner by herself and her I Phone.
I bet there's an app for that.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I`m sorry....some ppl just "don`t get it!"
I would see how long it takes them to contact you.

Well, they were the last to text but after a day. I'll just text something like "hey!" then leave it at that. Oh well, I guess I have been mostly spending time working and have not made any effort into meeting new people. I guess I need to do that and not rely just on the old ones.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:25 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,592,370 times
Quote:
Sounds like the same person. When she did that during dinner she was like "OMG guess what so and so just emailed me." Then typing away. Then "OMG blah blah blah" Typing some more. Then "Blah blah blah" At that point I'm spacing out and have an urge to get up and walk to my car. I didn't and just pretended like I didn't hear anything she was saying. What a fantasitic conversationalist! We've been friends for years, but now she's off in some boring world. Maybe she can just go to dinner by herself and her I Phone.
I hear ya!

Funny thing about the woman I was referring to...she is the type that HAS to have people around her all the time. She hates being alone. Yet now that she has that stupid phone, she makes whomever she is with feel like THEY are alone.

Ya know, I have a BlackBerry and yes...it is with me nearly everywhere I go. But there are times when it's just not cool to be using it. A person has to know those boundaries if they expect to maintain good relationships.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
I bet there's an app for that.

LOL, they should have an app where every minute or so a pic of someone rolling their eyes, or looking around or yawning would work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships