Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 10:26 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
Well, they were the last to text but after a day. I'll just text something like "hey!" then leave it at that. Oh well, I guess I have been mostly spending time working and have not made any effort into meeting new people. I guess I need to do that and not rely just on the old ones.
Meeting new friends is always on the plate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 10:27 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
Quote:
LOL, they should have an app where every minute or so a pic of someone rolling their eyes, or looking around or yawning would work.
Or their girlfriend screwing another guy! LOL

Old 05-01-2010, 10:30 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,744,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
I hear ya!

Funny thing about the woman I was referring to...she is the type that HAS to have people around her all the time. She hates being alone. Yet now that she has that stupid phone, she makes whomever she is with feel like THEY are alone.

Ya know, I have a BlackBerry and yes...it is with me nearly everywhere I go. But there are times when it's just not cool to be using it. A person has to know those boundaries if they expect to maintain good relationships.
And the irony is that she doesn't have time to get back to me. It must be exhausting having to check and re-check facebook, twitter, email, text, the picture someone just sent, that youtube video and so on.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:31 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,684,013 times
If they are texting and answering calls from and to other people when they are with you, sound to me like your not that important or interesting to them. It may be a hint!

Old 05-01-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Meeting new friends is always on the plate!

It's Saturday night and I'm working But taking a break posting here of course.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:34 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
If they are texting and answering calls from and to other people when they are with you, sound to me like your not that important or interesting to them. It may be a hint!
I think some people are addicted.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post

Yes, I know. I think to be interesting I need to be an A hole. But I won't go there.

Also, I don't think most people wouldn't be interesting enough. And sitting there having dinner with someone on an I Phone is definetely not interesting for me.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:16 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
That's all. Just a rant for friends, dates, or whoever who take a day to reply to a text, when it only takes 30 seconds. Then when you are hanging out with them they are checking their I Phones every 3 minutes and texting/emailing other people in front of you. I just realized I am too busy to text these people back now. Maybe I'll find some time when I'm on the toilet.
In the situation you described, it is indeed reasonable to expect them to reply sooner. Texts aren't meant for entire conversations anyhow. They should be able to get back to you within a few hours either way, but if they're checking their phones every few minutes (which, if you're in person with them, is very rude), then they should be able to answer. If I don't answer within 10 minutes, I'm either busy at work or I didn't hear it ping.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:59 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times
I had an ex boyfriend who would literally take a day or 2 to reply to my texts. So I started taking days to reply to his.

He changed his attitude after that.

It sucked because I lived back home in Boston and he worked in Rhode Island ( He was in the Coast Guard ) so it's not like we saw each other everyday.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:21 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,882,017 times
I hate phones .. communication point of view its good ..but i hate phones .. i mean imagine holding an instrument in your hand and yapping all the time .. i've had friends who're not glued to it ..they just talk talk and talk .. stop it already man ..geez lol .. especially while talking to their girl friends ..yes dear..okay dear ..no problem darling ..oh sure sweet heart ..yeah babes ..aww my shweet charlotte .. okay okay enough lol ..imagine yourself looking at their face .. in between they'll say excuse me ..walk a quarter mile to have a private convo .. return back and ask okay so whatchya talkin' 'bout Willis ? .. grrrrrrrrr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships