Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 08:39 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,490,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder999
It was probably the woman who wanted the divorce, not Al.

No, he's just stating the facts.

It seems like you're the one with a man hating problem. To people like you, it is your basic assumption that it is always a man's fault.
I haven't read 'all' of 'lovesmountains' posts but I cannot recall ever reading a response that wasn't objective and supportive--w/o regard to gender.

I would say that in this divorce/separation both parties are beyond 'blaming' each other. Sometimes people just agree that they need to part.

I'm tired of the 'drama' of relationships/marriages. If you have ever tried this yourself then you should have a pretty good idea that both parties contribute to the success or failure. I suppose we could/should all strive to have marriages like Nancy and Ronald Reagan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 09:16 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
My great grandparents separated after 70+ years of marriage. It had us all scratching our heads.

The reality is that they should have NEVER married. They were miserably married for all those years, and in the process made their kids miserable, too!

Old 06-03-2010, 09:47 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I haven't read 'all' of 'lovesmountains' posts but I cannot recall ever reading a response that wasn't objective and supportive--w/o regard to gender.

I would say that in this divorce/separation both parties are beyond 'blaming' each other. Sometimes people just agree that they need to part.

I'm tired of the 'drama' of relationships/marriages. If you have ever tried this yourself then you should have a pretty good idea that both parties contribute to the success or failure. I suppose we could/should all strive to have marriages like Nancy and Ronald Reagan.

Thank you so much for stating the truth

Anyone who makes such ridiculous statements as "all women hate sex", "all women can't love men as much a men love them", "woman are the ones who always want for divorce" has issues and has no credibility on this forum.

No one gender has a lock on bad behavior. For every man who's been hurt by a woman, there are an equal amount of women who have been hurt by men. Generalizations by gender rarely give us the truth on reality.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:14 AM

121 posts, read 192,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Thank you so much for stating the truth

Anyone who makes such ridiculous statements as "all women hate sex", "all women can't love men as much a men love them", "woman are the ones who always want for divorce" has issues and has no credibility on this forum.

No one gender has a lock on bad behavior. For every man who's been hurt by a woman, there are an equal amount of women who have been hurt by men. Generalizations by gender rarely give us the truth on reality.
No, women will just be happy and relieved if the man wants to break up or divorce them. So even if Al wanted the divorce Tipper was probably just happy about it. A woman won't get hurt by a divorce or break up.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder999 View Post
No, women will just be happy and relieved if the man wants to break up or divorce them. So even if Al wanted the divorce Tipper was probably just happy about it. A woman won't get hurt by a divorce or break up.

Again, more lies

Old 06-03-2010, 10:47 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder999 View Post
Sorry this is a BUNCH of BS. Lets see, I left my job of 8 1/2 years to become a military wife, SAHM to 2 children, handling EVERYTHING for a total of 22 months of deployment, 9 months of him going to various training and about to add 2 more on to that. Me supporting my husband has been the reason why I do everything I do.
He was the jerk that came home from this last deployment and told me "I love you as the mother of my children, but I'm not in love with you. I didnt even miss you when I got in theater" Explain to me why I am in counseling and getting my $hit together to prepare to be on my own?
My whole entire world has been turned upside down. I married him with every. single. intention. to be with him the rest of my life. HE is the one that refuses to grow up, HE is the one who is wanting a divorce. Not ME.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:14 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,192,276 times
To keep this thread light, why not think Al was too focused on "global warming" and not keeping things warm at home. Gotta keep the home fires burning too! - (so, who knows and it's noone's business anyway)

Old 06-03-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanstone1 View Post
To keep this thread light, why not think Al was too focused on "global warming" and not keeping things warm at home. Gotta keep the home fires burning too! - (so, who knows and it's noone's business anyway)

Funny, but with a grain of truth!!

Old 06-03-2010, 12:41 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,808,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
After this many years together, sad to say there's likely another woman. Though I really hope that's not true.
That was my first thought as well.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:09 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
LOL...really. If I've given 40 years of my life with you then you're going all the way with me baby............to the grave!!

Oh my...

You sound like my wife.

I tell her she will never find me.

I'll have the paperwork sent to her.

Serve her when I am out of state.

What?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships