Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 07:52 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,469,260 times

Advertisements

I don't think I've ever come out and said this, but a lot of you probably inferred that I've never kissed a girl. If so, you inferred correctly.

Why don't I describe my dream last night: Some of you probably know my 20th birthday is in July. In my dream, a girl I went to high school with (she was a grade behind me) gave me a birthday present. After she gave me the present, she kissed me on the cheek, then I kissed her on the cheek. Then I kissed her on the lips and she liked it.

So basically, I dreamed about my first kiss (which hasn't happened in real life). And it was the type of dream where it feels like reality (does anyone else know what I mean?)

There are a number of explanations for dreams: Some say we dream of the stuff we talked about during the day. Some say we dream about what we want.

What does a dream like that mean? Does it mean I want her? Or does it just mean I want my first kiss, and she happened to be the girl in my dream? She's average looking (not ugly but you don't hear very many guys calling her hot) and I never wanted a relationship with her.

Any other interpretations?

I posted on the relationships forum since the dream goes along with relationships
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 07:57 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,066,507 times
I think it's been on your mind...even if it hasn't been on your conscious mind. You want that first kiss and she is someone you are familiar with so that's why it was with her.

And yes, I have had dreams that have felt very real. I woke up completely confused...sometimes disappointed, sometimes elated...and then I realized it was just a dream.

There are some I wouldn't mind happening in real life...others I'd love to never think of again.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:19 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,469,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I think it's been on your mind...even if it hasn't been on your conscious mind. You want that first kiss and she is someone you are familiar with so that's why it was with her.

And yes, I have had dreams that have felt very real. I woke up completely confused...sometimes disappointed, sometimes elated...and then I realized it was just a dream.

There are some I wouldn't mind happening in real life...others I'd love to never think of again.
Yeah, it hasn't been on my conscious mind lately (before the dream). But it's certainly on my mind now. That dream got me thinking.

Maybe that dream was my mind's way of getting the point across that I want my first kiss. I think that's why it was just a girl I'm familiar with rather than a girl I wanted.

Another explanation I thought of was maybe I wish I had my first kiss in high school so that's why it was a girl I went to high school with.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:39 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,793,403 times
You had a lucid dream and those are the very best kind because they feel so real--they even feel physically real. Ya never know too--that first kiss might be around the corner. I had a lucid dream about a wonderful man one night and within a week the dream came true--in, ahem, every detail.

Another night I had a dream that I saw a junkie girl die and I picked her up and took her through the tunnel to the "soul hospital" and it was the most beautiful thing I ever saw in my life and I knew I was dreaming and begged for it to not be over too soon. Funny, I had my first lucid dream at about 20 also. Most people never have them so you're lucky.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:43 PM

494 posts, read 1,609,789 times
Agree with stepka.

Atl east you aren't like me. When I go to sleep, I just wake back up. No lovely dreams for me.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:44 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
You had a lucid dream and those are the very best kind because they feel so real--they even feel physically real. Ya never know too--that first kiss might be around the corner. I had a lucid dream about a wonderful man one night and within a week the dream came true--in, ahem, every detail.

Another night I had a dream that I saw a junkie girl die and I picked her up and took her through the tunnel to the "soul hospital" and it was the most beautiful thing I ever saw in my life and I knew I was dreaming and begged for it to not be over too soon. Funny, I had my first lucid dream at about 20 also. Most people never have them so you're lucky.
I know this is off topic a little, but lucid dreams are not the best kind to have sometimes.

Not the kind of dream I had a while ago. When I woke up with my hands shaking and was sweating and a headache. Nope, not that dream.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:45 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,107,178 times
It sounds like you had a nice dream. I'm glad you had a nice dream. I don't think anybody would want to hear about my dreams. They can be kind of strange. I hope your lack of a first kiss isn't getting you down. If so, buck up! You'll get it one of these days.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:55 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,020 times
Maybe you just had something spicy before bed. Sometimes I have dreams that will never happen to. Like last week I dreamt pancakes became legal currency.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:00 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,336 times
Sounds like a beautiful dream!

I once had a dream while up in Big Bear and I dreamt that I had gotten up in the middle of the night and taken a walk outside to find that the snow was melted. It felt so real! then when I woke up, I was in the bed and I could feel the cold from the snow outside!

Old 06-14-2011, 11:04 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,309,472 times
I once dreamed of lesbian sex with my sister... and let me tell you... I do not want lesbian sex with my sister. Dreams are for the most part just meaningless mumbo jumbo.

Most of the time I'm not even myself in my own dream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships