Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 07:22 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times

Advertisements

Hire a top-notch criminal defense lawyer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 10:18 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
i would ask god if he wants a shot of cruzan 151.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:40 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Believe me, I'm well aware of that now. But at the time I thought I was the only one who wasn't experiencing the things I was supposed to. I assumed I was the only one who just felt like he was talking to himself during prayer.
It's never easy to admit you've been duped...but once you realize the truth, it's easy to walk away and not look back. My hope is that, as we become more enlightened, people will realize that religion is a myth that needs to be discarded in order for humanity to focus on the things that are really important, not only for us, but for future generations.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:46 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,716,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
....it turned out there was a God and all that stuff in the Bible was true?
Finding out most of the world's population is going to be tortured for all eternity - not my idea of entertainment. I'm not sure what exact disorder you need to have for that to be funny, but I'm guessing it's related to killing puppies and kittens as a child.

Quote:
What would you do?
Depends on which brand of the Christian God turned out to be real. There are so many different contradictory ways to get in to heaven that I'd need more detail to answer.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:51 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times
I am not either of your targeted group, but I still wonder: What are you going to do? It is not within God's Plan that we judge one another, nor that we antagonize non-believers. Are you demonstrating Christ's love with your post?

Tend not to others, you have enough work of your own.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:56 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:

What would you do?
Oh, I'd have enormous fun hiding behind god's throne and giggling as Christians like Campbell and Allen came forward with huge expectant grins on their faces and watching their jaws drop as god said to them...'Depart from me for I never knew you'.

Just picture it for a moment...I bet it makes you smile.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:52 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Oh, I'd have enormous fun hiding behind god's throne and giggling as Christians like Campbell and Allen came forward with huge expectant grins on their faces and watching their jaws drop as god said to them...'Depart from me for I never knew you'.

Just picture it for a moment...I bet it makes you smile.
It made me smile. I wish I could find a skit I wrote wherein the atheists up before God had to admit that they had been wrong and they now believed.

"Ok, under the 'last shall be first' clause, you can go straight in...hang on you Christians, not so fast. First you have to be tested in the fire as per Paul to see whether what you built is true..."

As to the OP, it is a sterile question as asking me what if it turned out that the world was flat and the sun actually went around the earth.' It is so clear the god of the Bible is not believable that it ain't gonna happen.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:19 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
It's easy...the bible god does not exist. Just because people claim something happens...doesn't necessarily mean it actually happens or that it's true.
But, we have to test what people say, becasue sometimes people are the only witnesses to an event. Otherwise why have witnesses in a court of Law? So, there is some value to what people claim they saw.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:21 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,456 times
Quote:

Directed at the atheist and agnostic.

What would you do?
God, the bible and the "stuff" found therein are true. And it is not funny! God is going to destroy those evil people.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:45 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
God, the bible and the "stuff" found therein are true. And it is not funny! God is going to destroy those evil people.
While people like you laugh, point, cheer and watch with a manical gleam in your eyes I'm sure.... Which would also prove conclusively that you were worshipping the wrong god should something that impossible actually happen.

But let me get you to take a quick peak out of your box... What are you gonna do when you die, approach the pearly gates and find a giant elephant with six arms waiting to lead you to your next incarnation...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality