Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 07:43 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,038 times

Advertisements

Allah won't do anything.

Don't you think it's odd that the Atheist and Christian parts of the world are really blessed with comfortable standards of living, long life spans, and high quality education? Meanwhile the parts of the world that worship Allah are mostly poor, disease ridden and uneducated.

There is no noticeable benefit to following Allah, nor is there any penalty for mocking him, (except that some of his radical followers may commit irrational violence.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 09:20 AM

1,395 posts, read 2,660,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
God will burn them if they burn His book

I don't know how this will be: hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, epidemics ...etc.
Perhaps in the afterlife, however how can one say that natural disasters will strike because of this act? Hurricanes strike Florida all of the time anyway, many good and inocent people are killed in natural disasters every year. They did nothing to "deserve it".
Flooding in Pakistan, the tsunami in Indonesia, mud slides in Latin Amaica, droughts in Russia horrible disasters happen all of the time regardless.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:

Unfortunately, I did not find anyone who says: The act of this pastor to burn the Quran is unacceptable and has to be stopped.
The President, Secretary of State and the Pope have all said that the burning should not take place and is unacceptable.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:23 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,864,701 times
God will burn them if they burn His book

Well, this is one theory, but, to the best of my recollection, god has never stepped in and stopped any book burning- ask the nazis........OOPS, they are a christian organization, bad call there. Sorry about that.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:19 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,974 times
Is this the democracy?

This is not correct; because the transgression on the Quran is not allowed as part of freedom. This is not the freedom.

If such pastor does not believe in the Quran (and he will receive his punishment from his Lord), then no one may force him to believe, but to go and shout before other people and burn the Quran: this is unacceptable.

If one reviles you, is this the freedom, and you accept it?
So if one reviles our Lord and our Quran revealed from God, will it be acceptable?
No, this is not the freedom and such democracy, if this is the democracy, is not accepted.

I think such democracy is a trick, by which the enemy of God and the Quran have been successful in impeding the word of God.

Example: Once I saw some youths with microphones in their hands, and they belonged to some TV channels, and they made some discussion with people from the street about their opinions; so I came and said: Excuse me, can I say some words? He said: Yes.

I said: This democracy as you describe is only a [Zionist] trick; because by means of such democracy they will disable the word of God in the Quran: because they will tell you that there are Christians, Jews and atheists who do not believe in the Quran; therefore they will put the Quran aside.

And even if the democracy is said to be the rule for the majority, they will - with their trickery - avoid such majority of Muslims in their countries: that is by dividing them into Sunni and Shiaa, then they will divide each sect into minor divisions until they reach to their purpose of putting the Quran and its statements aside and bring their laws and their opinions instead.

By this means and in the pretext of democracy, Zionists were able to capture the important positions in America: like the media, the government positions and agencies …etc.

This is not the correct thing; the democracy is the consultation among us in the minor branches to consult each other about some proposals and some projects and some public plans: to build a hospital or school or a market place …etc. While the Quran statements are the fact and no consultation concerning the judgment of God.

This is in the Quran 3: 159
Read Quran in Uthmani Script Online
..washawirhum fee alamri..

The explanation:
(It is by some mercy of God that you [Mohammed] deal gently with them.

If you had been harsh and hard-hearted, they would have scattered from about you;

so pardon them, and ask [God's] forgiveness for them,
and discuss their opinions in some [public] matters,
then – when you have decided [a matter] – rely on God;

for God loves those who rely [on Him.])

www.quran-ayat.com

Old 09-09-2010, 11:49 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,038 times
Quote:
Is this the democracy?

This is not correct; because the transgression on the Quran is not allowed as part of freedom. This is not the freedom.

If such pastor does not believe in the Quran (and he will receive his punishment from his Lord), then no one may force him to believe, but to go and shout before other people and burn the Quran: this is unacceptable.

So if one reviles our Lord and our Quran revealed from God, will it be acceptable?
No, this is not the freedom and such democracy, if this is the democracy, is not accepted.

I think such democracy is a trick, by which the enemy of God and the Quran have been successful in impeding the word of God.

Example: Once I saw some youths with microphones in their hands, and they belonged to some TV channels, and they made some discussion with people from the street about their opinions; so I came and said: Excuse me, can I say some words? He said: Yes.

I said: This democracy as you describe is only a [Zionist] trick; because by means of such democracy they will disable the word of God in the Quran: because they will tell you that there are Christians, Jews and atheists who do not believe in the Quran; therefore they will put the Quran aside.

And even if the democracy is said to be the rule for the majority, they will - with their trickery - avoid such majority of Muslims in their countries: that is by dividing them into Sunni and Shiaa, then they will divide each sect into minor divisions until they reach to their purpose of putting the Quran and its statements aside and bring their laws and their opinions instead.

By this means and in the pretext of democracy, Zionists were able to capture the important positions in America: like the media, the government positions and agencies …etc.

This is not the correct thing; the democracy is the consultation among us in the minor branches to consult each other about some proposals and some projects and some public plans: to build a hospital or school or a market place …etc. While the Quran statements are the fact and no consultation concerning the judgment of God.

The explanation:

If you had been harsh and hard-hearted, they would have scattered from about you;

www.quran-ayat.com
Same planet, different world.

Sir, what you believe in, I fight against, and as an atheist it is your thought process which makes me believe Islam is dangerous. Moderator cut: offensive

Last edited by june 7th; 09-09-2010 at 12:01 PM..

Old 09-09-2010, 12:31 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,467 times
Quote:
Is this the democracy?

The explanation:

www.quran-ayat.com
First of all, the United States is NOT a democracy. It is a republic. Democracy is essentially mob rule. A republic is a country of laws. Any new law that is passed must be scrutinized by judges in order to determine if it does impune on the constitutional rights of other men. This is a VERY important distinction. Because if the U.S. were not a republic, then whoever bred themselves into a majority would eventually control this country, write all the laws, and leave all the minorities to rot. That's why Supreme Court judge selection is SO important and that they follow the constitution. Having idiologues for judges is never a good thing.

Second of all, you come from a different part of the world which provided you a different belief structure than ours. I promise not to impose my will on you if you promise not to impose your will on me.

Besides, why don't you just let God sort it out. If punishment is deserved, it will be given. Now get back to your life.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:36 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Is this the democracy?

The explanation:

www.quran-ayat.com
you realy need to stop drinking that muhammad allah kool aid, it's bad for your health..

Old 09-09-2010, 01:36 PM

56 posts, read 78,407 times
in Islam it's not forbidden to burn the Quran for a reason ( like if it's old or it's torn or other reason )
It's forbidden to do so only if you hate it or if you stood on it or something like that

YES we should be angry for such act

and no we should not kill them or punish them or something because it's not our right to do so

and if we did that it will only lead to Fitnah
a
Fitnah is worse than killing

because it will only lead to more wars and killing

Old 09-09-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasersaeed View Post
in Islam it's not forbidden to burn the Quran for a reason ( like if it's old or it's torn or other reason )
It's forbidden to do so only if you hate it or if you stood on it or something like that

YES we should be angry for such act

and no we should not kill them or punish them or something because it's not our right to do so

and if we did that it will only lead to Fitnah
a
Fitnah is worse than killing

because it will only lead to more wars and killing
I very much agree,

To add my thoughts, although I very much disagree with the burning of the Koran, they have the right to do it. It is up to both true Christians and Muslims to rise above the hate perpetuated by this act and not let more hatred and violence ensue as a result. I really think thats what this pastor is aiming for, more violence and hatred between Christians and Muslims. Its almost like this is Satans way of tempting people to turn on eachother and committ more sin (hate and violence). I think that those that have strong faith will reject such acts not by violence, but by ignoring this so called "Dove Church" or whatever and instead work towards peacful diolague.
There have been many acts by radical groups that use freedom of speech to try to spread hatred and violence, (KKK, Westboro, Radical Muslims etc.) but we need to show that we are mature enough to enjoy freedom of speech by being able to be the "better person" and get on with life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality