Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 10:40 PM

33,560 posts, read 37,160,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
...and these people decide our future!!!
Not my future...Thank goodness I live in Canada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 04:21 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,569,322 times
I'm pretty sure Canada has or at least had a bit of a "Christian Right" even if it's quite weak.

YouTube - Canadian Creationist Politician: Stockwell Day

YouTube - Oswald J Smith His passion for Missions

YouTube - Introduction to the Christian Heritage Party

Old 05-10-2011, 06:50 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,616,724 times
Why does America have so many Christian loonies?

Because they're the best kind--and America only tolerates the best!

Old 05-10-2011, 02:59 PM

33,560 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I'm pretty sure Canada has or at least had a bit of a "Christian Right" even if it's quite weak.
Fortunately they are few and far between here.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:11 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,903,846 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Have they sold their possessions and given the money to the poor?
Why yes as a matter of fact they have. They live basicly on the road going from state to state, town to town feeding the homeless out of the back of a camper that belongs to the ministry they serve. They have also helped many people who have been addicted to drugs get their lives back and many of them are very successful and have families of their own now.

Quote:
Do they report theft of their property to the police? If they caught a thief stealing their TV, would they give him their radio too? Does their righteousness surpass that of the Pharisees?
As I said, they live on the road and so they dont have a tv or a radio. They have only the bare essentials which are a truck and a pull-behind camper in which they keep ALL of their belongings. Their are many churches along the way that help support them and all the good they do for others. They have dedicated their entire lives to doing what they do

Any more questions???

Old 05-10-2011, 05:44 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,963,301 times
Most fundamentalists don't consider themselves fundamentalists. They consider themselves "right" and anyone else is "bad" or "wrong".

Old 05-10-2011, 06:08 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,841,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Most fundamentalists don't consider themselves fundamentalists. They consider themselves "right" and anyone else is "bad" or "wrong".

That's all because of the computer. It used to be that fundamentalists were considered zealous and ambitious to the fervor of their health being nourished by God's word. There was the left group which wished a lot to escape the categorical life for labeling and connecting Who Knows What.

Fundamentalism in the middle east is similarly crossing out of an age of narrow minded beliefs.

In the New Age there are fewer narcissists now too.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:08 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,196,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
Fundamentalism in the middle east is similarly crossing out of an age of narrow minded beliefs.
That remains to be seen. We haven't yet seen what is going to happen in Egypt, and Libya appears to be a checkmate. It's not going well in Syria.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:52 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,903,846 times
[quote=Doug S. 123;19096715]
Quote:

Any more questions???
Didnt think so.

That being said it seems you are confusing these things for somthing that a Christian MUST do. Nowhere is it said in the Bible that you must sell your belongings and give the money to the poor to be a Christian. I recall Jesus telling a man that wanted to join him and his desiples that he must sell everything, but that was only to JOIN HIM. Also, this was used as a test to see if the man was sincere about his intentions, which he apparently was not.

If you are an atheist, thats fine with me, but dont try to school me on the Bible. Dont cherry pick certain things out of it and throw it up at me with that AH-HA look on your face. Read the whole thing and maybe you will have a deeper understanding of the message, regardless of wether or not you beleive in it.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:00 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,193,000 times
[quote=Doug S. 123;19113999]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug S. 123 View Post

Didnt think so.

That being said it seems you are confusing these things for somthing that a Christian MUST do. Nowhere is it said in the Bible that you must sell your belongings and give the money to the poor to be a Christian. I recall Jesus telling a man that wanted to join him and his desiples that he must sell everything, but that was only to JOIN HIM. Also, this was used as a test to see if the man was sincere about his intentions, which he apparently was not.

If you are an atheist, thats fine with me, but dont try to school me on the Bible. Dont cherry pick certain things out of it and throw it up at me with that AH-HA look on your face. Read the whole thing and maybe you will have a deeper understanding of the message, regardless of wether or not you beleive in it.
By loonies, as in the OP, I meant the loonies that pry into private lives, demand legislation according to their likes and dislikes, those who become very angry and hostile to other opinions and lifestyles, the stone throwers, the finger pointers, and those who bless themselves for their righteousness.
What I wonder is why does America have such large numbers of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality