Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 05:40 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,044,912 times

Advertisements

I need to go get some beer any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
One of my new favorite movies is The Invention of Lying. I'm not sure that very religious people would like it - but I thought it was hysterical!

That does sound interesting!

Old 10-07-2010, 05:59 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,661,785 times
I'm partial to Smithwick but Guinness will do in a pinch....

Old 10-07-2010, 06:05 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,693,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I need to go get some beer any suggestions?
Unflavored Beers:
All unflavored beers, domestic and imported, with no additives listed on the ingredient label are acceptable, even without a Kosher certification. This applies to both USA and imported beers, including non-alcoholic and dark beers.

Many breweries are coming out with specialty brews that have additives; don't assume that all varieties are acceptable - check the label.

Miller flavored beers (such as Lime) are NOT certified Kosher!

Source: Kashrut.com - Kosher Liquor

Last edited by june 7th; 10-07-2010 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: Re-formatted to adhere to copyright.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:09 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,686,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Beers are on the house but no arguing allowed. Its time to be calm and just sit back and relax.

Tell me about a movie you recently watched. Or something fun you did.

Has anyone ever watched the Naked Archeologist? He is always digging up archeology that has to do with ancient religions.
Two foreign films I've just recently watched are "XXY" and "The Magdalene Sisters".

XXY is about a 15-yr-old teenager that was born intersexed and whose parents are trying to arrange surgery to turn him/her into a female. It's not a fast-paced movie but it does make you think about how poorly some people are treated simply because of how they're born.

The Magdalene Sisters is about four Irish-Catholic girls back in the 50s (?) who are sent to a convent for being "bad" girls, and the trouble they go through together and separately while the nuns in the convent treat them as laundry slaves.

I recommend both of them.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:33 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,567,214 times
I don't drink alcohol.

Anyway I have "Touch of Evil" on my TIVO file, but I haven't watched it yet.

I'm not sure what the last good philosophical movie I saw was. (To keep it vaguely related to this section of C-D) I remember Stalker by Tarkovsky seemed to have a fair amount of philosophy in it, but I watched it years ago.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I don't drink alcohol.

Anyway I have "Touch of Evil" on my TIVO file, but I haven't watched it yet.

I'm not sure what the last good philosophical movie I saw was. (To keep it vaguely related to this section of C-D) I remember Stalker by Tarkovsky seemed to have a fair amount of philosophy in it, but I watched it years ago.

I have thought about getting tivo do you like it?

Old 10-07-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Unflavored Beers:
All unflavored beers, domestic and imported, with no additives listed on the ingredient label are acceptable, even without a Kosher certification. This applies to both USA and imported beers, including non-alcoholic and dark beers.

Many breweries are coming out with specialty brews that have additives; don't assume that all varieties are acceptable - check the label.

Miller flavored beers (such as Lime) are NOT certified Kosher!

Source: Kashrut.com - Kosher Liquor
You know Walter when I went on my communities weekend retreat last year they brought Hebrew Kosher beer. It was really good.

And I see my Sammy Adams is on the acceptable list.... very good...tyvm

Old 10-07-2010, 06:43 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,693,899 times
Jazzymom, if you were not otherwise aware, 20 minutes in the freezer, and just 20 minutes in the freezer (wouldn't want any explosions, now would we?), will make any beer taste better.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:44 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,869,043 times
Black lager from Sam Adams is pretty good.
The best deal is Costco beer, it wears the Kirkland logo, it comes in 4 different flavors in a case.
It is a quality beer similar to a Sam Adams for under $20 a case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality