Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 04:17 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,710 times

Advertisements

Perhaps this has been posted already.

After The Rapture Pet Care

For those who might be worried what will happen to Fluffy and Snow-Ball when Jesus comes and leaves the soul-less creatures behind.

Is this company for real?
Are they scammers preying on "believers"?

Last edited by Missy.Rivers; 10-13-2010 at 04:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 10:54 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
This chap is having a good laugh about it!!

Old 10-13-2010, 11:42 PM

478 posts, read 773,397 times
That is probably one of THE most ridiculous things I have ever seen. But also one of the most genius money making ideas ever!

Here's a group of people that get to make a bunch of money- and never have to actually do anything! And as for them seeming like they are "taking advantage" of believers- how's that? I don't believe they are in the least. Of course I personally think the idea of a rapture is absurd, but obviously there are a large number of people who are completely confident that such a time will come, and so it makes sense that they'd be worried about their non-christian pets being left behind. So if this organization can offer the "believers" a degree of comfort, and remove any worries or fears they have for the future welfare of their pets for a small fee, what's wrong with that? Sounds to me like everyone's happy. Cool!

Old 10-14-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helios666 View Post
So if this organization can offer the "believers" a degree of comfort, and remove any worries or fears they have for the future welfare of their pets for a small fee, what's wrong with that? Sounds to me like everyone's happy. Cool!
Yeah..I'm not a subcriber to the rapture theory either, but I was sitting here not knowing what to think of that company. Are the genious or just plain scammers? Both? In any case you are right...at least those whose worry about their pets can rest assured...

Old 10-14-2010, 09:32 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
Perhaps this has been posted already.

After The Rapture Pet Care

For those who might be worried what will happen to Fluffy and Snow-Ball when Jesus comes and leaves the soul-less creatures behind.

Is this company for real?
Are they scammers preying on "believers"?

It's funny because I thought of this about 15 years ago. They're no more scammers than the church passing a collection plate during services.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:18 AM

9 posts, read 16,401 times
It is definitely a scam. They are taking advantage of people that plan on the Rapture happening. They presumably don't believe in God, since they figure they will be left here to "take care of your pets". Thus, they are banking on the "fact" that this will never really happen, so IF and WHEN it does, don't count on them fulfilling their end of the deal.

Trust me, if millions of people disappear, the world will be CHAOs, and no one is going to be worrying about pets. Sad to think about, I know

Old 10-14-2010, 10:24 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helios666 View Post
That is probably one of THE most ridiculous things I have ever seen.
The concept of the rapture is the most ridiculous thing I have seen.

Poof, and your gone, (without obligatory explosion of some sort ) ....... really

Old 10-14-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoStringsAttached View Post
It is definitely a scam. They are taking advantage of people that plan on the Rapture happening. They presumably don't believe in God, since they figure they will be left here to "take care of your pets". Thus, they are banking on the "fact" that this will never really happen, so IF and WHEN it does, don't count on them fulfilling their end of the deal.

Trust me, if millions of people disappear, the world will be CHAOs, and no one is going to be worrying about pets. Sad to think about, I know
If I was running this business, I would most certainly fulfill my end of the deal. After all, fresh meat will be scarce after the world is plunged into chaos.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoStringsAttached View Post

I agree with you that this company is "banking" on no rapture. However, they might believe in God in their own way, just not rapture. They are sitting around collecting money from those who worry about it. Ahhhhh....capitalism! What creative minds can come up with.

I wonder how much money they are making.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
I agree with you that they are "banking" on no rapture. However, they might believe in God in their own way, just not rapture. They are sitting around collecting money from those who worry about it. Ahhhhh....capitalism! What creative minds can come up with.

I wonder how much money they are making.
Not enough to renew their domain name. It expired yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality