Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: pro-life or pro-choice
pro-life (against abortion) 32 50.00%
pro-choice (pro-abortion) 32 50.00%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 07:43 PM

397 posts, read 608,276 times

Advertisements

No matter whether you have a religion or not i was just wondering how many people are for abortion or against it. we're not talking the 5% due to "understandable" circumstances (rape, incest, etc.) we're talking about the 95% that use abortion as a means of "birth control" (too young, having a child will disrupt education or job, has relationship problem or partner does not want pregnancy, etc.)

if you dont mind, just post you religion at the beginning and whether you agree or disagree with abortion and why. you don't have to of course but it just keeps the thread easier to read. i was just wondering and wanted to see peoples thoughts

Old 03-06-2011, 07:53 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,159,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
No matter whether you have a religion or not i was just wondering how many people are for abortion or against it. we're not talking the 5% due to "understandable" circumstances (rape, incest, etc.) we're talking about the 95% that use abortion as a means of "birth control" (too young, having a child will disrupt education or job, has relationship problem or partner does not want pregnancy, etc.)

if you dont mind, just post you religion at the beginning and whether you agree or disagree with abortion and why. you don't have to of course but it just keeps the thread easier to read. i was just wondering and wanted to see peoples thoughts
I'm not religious - but I think maybe your understanding of pro-choice is not necessarily the same as my understanding of pro-choice. I am pro-choice - but I don't think it should be used as a form of birth control. Or perhaps I just don't have the same understanding of "birth control" as you do. I do not consider a teenager or someone who is not ready to have a baby having one abortion over their entire lifetime as using it as a form of birth control. I think that if you have multiple abortions and continue to have unprotected sex - that is when you are using abortion as birth control. And I think that is awful.
I also don't agree with late term abortions - or abortions after the first trimester, really. And I'm definitely for more education and an increased availability of forms of birth control (condems, the pill, IUD, etc) to help reduce the number of abortions.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:56 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,282 times
well im not really religious,although i have certain respect for many of them,im kinda of a closet devotee of Krishna though,a very poor one at that,but heres what i think....

i think it all depends on the situation,if a girl is raped and has to bear the rapists child then i think it would be o.k.,i know i wouldnt /if i were a woman that is/want the child of a dirty uol rapist.

second-----if it were a life or death situation and no matter what you and the child were goin to die.

however i do find it weird that women would go and kill their own babies before they were born,thgeir is a part of me that finds it disturbing,but i guess their are women who go through so many imotionalo troubles that they sometimes see no other choice,if its just because they idnt want the baby for some selfish reasons,like wantin to party for the rest of their lives then i think that is wrong,

all in all if their are crimes(sins)commited then karma will kick.maybe not this life but a life that you were never goin to have.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:58 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,041,386 times
I can not vote for or against.... As a mother I hate abortion, but I understand that it is necessary sometimes.

It is not a black and white issue, there are many shades of gray and we are talking about a growing baby.

Abortion is sad!

Old 03-06-2011, 08:04 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,159,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I can not vote for or against.... As a mother I hate abortion, but I understand that it is necessary sometimes.

It is not a black and white issue, there are many shades of gray and we are talking about a growing baby.

Abortion is sad!
I agree. Some of my friends have had them (in the past when they were younger) - and it is never an easy decision. It's awful. Being pregnant right now - I spend so much time worrying that the baby is okay and looking forward to meeting it. But I'm 34, married, and have a loving, stable household. We wanted this baby - so much! If I was a teenager or in my early 20's, scared, alone - being pregnant would take on a whole different meaning. If I was single and had no means of supporting myself much less a baby - I would be absolutely terrified. I just feel lucky that I was never in that situation so I never had to make that horrible decision. I just don't think you can force people to bring a life into this world if they aren't ready to do it. It's a huge responsibility - and some people honestly know they aren't able to do it.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:05 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,892,823 times
I think abortion is fine UNLESS the fetus is so advanced that it could survive on its own.

In other words, aborting a 4-month old fetus is OK.

Aborting a healthy 8-month old fetus is first degree murder. Book 'em, Dano.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:08 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,727,347 times
.. wandering agnostic here >>>>some abortions are just ,some are not... if it weren't for abortions the world would be even more overpopulated with unwanted children. plus overpopulation in general.. next year the pop is supposed to hit 7 billion, if all the embryos, fetuses that were aborted over the last 200 years had been born, the world could have like 9 billion people now..and we would be that much closer to our demise..

sukrill?? what is your take on abortion??..

Old 03-06-2011, 08:10 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,643,401 times
I am pro abortion, not pro choice.

I completely support a woman's right not to be pregnant or carry a child.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:13 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,041,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I agree. Some of my friends have had them (in the past when they were younger) - and it is never an easy decision. It's awful. Being pregnant right now - I spend so much time worrying that the baby is okay and looking forward to meeting it. But I'm 34, married, and have a loving, stable household. We wanted this baby - so much! If I was a teenager or in my early 20's, scared, alone - being pregnant would take on a whole different meaning. If I was single and had no means of supporting myself much less a baby - I would be absolutely terrified. I just feel lucky that I was never in that situation so I never had to make that horrible decision. I just don't think you can force people to bring a life into this world if they aren't ready to do it. It's a huge responsibility - and some people honestly know they aren't able to do it.
I do agree with you! I had my first when I was 35 and I remember worrying so much. But when I started to feel that life moving inside of me at about 16 weeks it was such a miracle!

I would have been a horrible mother at 20, I was so wild and still wanted to party all the time..... Definitely not mother material......

Old 03-06-2011, 08:44 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,013,903 times
You're poll is misleading. Pro choice doesn't mean pro abortion. It means believing in elective abortion, which entails allowing someone the right to have an abortion. Most pro choicers aren't pro abortion. It's also a flawed claim that the majority of abortions are used as a form of birth control, when in fact that is not the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality