Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 05:11 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
The Scriptures says SIN is what separates man from God. The Church that willfully violates his Law is cut off from him, all their prayers are in vain; however there is redemption... it is called the Great Tribulation that is coming before the end comes (end of 6000 yrs).

So what is the Great Tribulation that Jesus warned in the Bible? It is the great distress the church will undergo for 3.5 years right before the end. It's the worst time of persecution the church will undergo under the rule of the Antichrist.

I won't go into the details, but it is a time God will allow Satan to persecute the church who willfully refused to obey his Law. God sent them a strong delusion so they are kept in the dark and not escape the persecution. Only those who are beheaded will have their sins washed away and qualify them to rule in the Millennium. They will be in the 1st resurrection and receive immortality to become kings and priests, and rule the humans on earth for 1000 years.

The True Church (elect) that obeys his Law will escape to the wilderness in a second great Exodus. For 3.5 years God will protect and feed them (manna?) until in the end they will be raptured, changed immediately to immortality, and join the saints in the 1st resurrection to rule with Jesus in the Millennium here on earth.

It sounds harsh and unbelievable, but it's in the Scriptures and it all makes sense. Do you think all these churches today worshiping the images of God on Baal's Sun-day, violating God's Law, will qualify to rule in the Millennium just because they have accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior? It is not going to be that easy, there will be a trial of fire for one to qualify!

The Bible says many will fail the test, in the end they will be weeping and gnashing their teeth when they see their fellow Christians as saints come down from Heaven to establish God's Kingdom on earth.

Um,okey dokey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 06:28 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,716,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
What evidence would you like him to display?
The same sorts of evidence that convinces me that stuff which is real actually exists. It's not like atheists think that nothing exists. On the contrary, they have very good evidence that lots of stuff does exist - their house, friends, jobs, Canada, and so on. All gods need to do it produce something similar to the evidence in favor of those things. It's really strange an earthworm has lots of evidence that the all-powerful creator of the known universe can't match.

Last edited by KCfromNC; 04-25-2011 at 06:39 AM..

Old 04-25-2011, 12:24 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
The same sorts of evidence that convinces me that stuff which is real actually exists. It's not like atheists think that nothing exists. On the contrary, they have very good evidence that lots of stuff does exist - their house, friends, jobs, Canada, and so on. All gods need to do it produce something similar to the evidence in favor of those things. It's really strange an earthworm has lots of evidence that the all-powerful creator of the known universe can't match.
He already did it. No amount of evidence can be good enough for some people.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:40 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post

I don't think it's about the amount of evidence for most people, but about the quality or type of evidence. It seems to me that the things most (perhaps all) people hold up as evidence for the existence of God or a spiritual force/being can be explained by natural means. Further, because so many things in the past have been attributed to a deity because the natural mechanisms were not understood, I think many expect the same will hold true even for those things scientists do not understand or cannot explain now... that a natural explanation exists and will most likely eventually be understood.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:41 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
There's a difference between evidence and objective, verifiable evidence.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:43 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,915,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rational Deist View Post
The only answer I have come across in my studies that provided any morsel of rational argument:
God's greatest gift to man personally is freedom of choice and if God presented himself to man in a way that left no doubt, for many, freedom of choice would only be an illusion...... God tells you to build an ark, you ask what is my other choice, and then God asks how long can you tread water.

I have a problem with a god who basically says "Love me or I will torture you for eternity".

If a husband did that he would be charged with abuse.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:02 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,685 times
Quote:

Nonsense.Give some that isn't explainable without a god causing it.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:16 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Maybe it's just me but it sounds like you really and truly hate your life. If you're best description of life is being kicked down a cactus covered hill naked, etc ... well I'm very sorry that you're so miserable and hate your life so much.

I've had my fair share of bumps and bruises, no question. Some would say more than my fair share, but I think that's just silly. At the end of the day, I love my life and I'm quite happy. Life is an adventure but I don't see any reason to hate my life as a whole. Always seems to be a lot more good things happen than bad.

Most of the worst stuff that happens in life is because people are being mean and nasty to other people. Anyone who is bitter against God for that is delusional.
Not really. I've been to hell and back and seen more death and destruction than the average person, true... but it was my fault for taking my life in that direction in the first place.

Now I live a boring life in the suburbs where I occupy myself with family, restoring an old house, gardening and burning time at a soul-sucking government desk job.

If I'm getting too depressing, it's just because I've seen the worst life has to offer. Hopefully the the best days of my life are ahead of me, now that the worst are behind.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Nonsense.Give some that isn't explainable without a god causing it.
Which came first, the chicken or the egg? It's an age old question, is there an answer for it yet?

Old 04-25-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I don't think it's about the amount of evidence for most people, but about the quality or type of evidence. It seems to me that the things most (perhaps all) people hold up as evidence for the existence of God or a spiritual force/being can be explained by natural means. Further, because so many things in the past have been attributed to a deity because the natural mechanisms were not understood, I think many expect the same will hold true even for those things scientists do not understand or cannot explain now... that a natural explanation exists and will most likely eventually be understood.
Did man evolve from dirt, if not, where did man come from? In other words, what made man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality