Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 11:28 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I truly don't understand how a person can actually worship and follow a religion that so despises gay people? I was so naive in the past and thought that religion wanted people to love everybody and now I realize that Christianty is more about hating others than anything else How can anybody actually continue to follow this and live with yourself?
I don't know, but there are a billion muslims that really DO hate gays.

To the point where they actually murder gays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 11:30 AM

165 posts, read 138,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinBensalem View Post
No, I wouldn't "freak out" as I said before I know a lot of people who are gay, some are my friends... Gay people are not diseased, why would I freak out?
LMAO! Some of the most homophobic remarks come out of the mouths of people who frequently say "I have gay friends."

Kind of like the "some of my best friends are black" people who then follow it up with a racist statement.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:37 AM

99 posts, read 123,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendBeav View Post
LMAO! Some of the most homophobic remarks come out of the mouths of people who frequently say "I have gay friends."

Kind of like the "some of my best friends are black" people who then follow it up with a racist statement.

Yes, thats correct. Only I am not lying. So you would just be assuming that my statement is false based on the majority? I hope thats not the case.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:38 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
ptsum - thanks for your opinion. To me, I believe these stories are inspired from God himself. I believe they ARE Gods words. I don't agree that I am ignorant.

I don't bash anyone, I don't stand on street corners with signs damning all to hell, I'm not stuck up, I'm not arrogant, I'm not a bible thumper. I am simply someone who doesn't agree with homosexuality. Does that mean that I should be called a bigot? Ignorant? Insane? I don't have the right to believe in what I want?

I think it's sickening what so called Christians have done to give people like me a bad name. I hate no one. I simply have an opinion.

You are the ones fighting for gay rights, and equality, yet as soon as someone says they believe homosexuality is a sin you run them out of town with a pitch fork and tell them they are homophobic? Hmmm... that's interesting. But I do appreciate your comment.
Let me ask you a question. Do you believe homosexuality is wrong because your sacred book says so? If you had not read that book and had not read anything about homosexuality being wrong, would you still believe the way you do?

Old 05-17-2011, 11:40 AM

165 posts, read 138,945 times
Quote:
Yes, thats correct. Only I am not lying. So you would just be assuming that my statement is false based on the majority? I hope thats not the case.
You judge another person's sexual habits with another consenting adult, and say they're possessed by demonic forces, and sinful. I truly doubt you have "gay friends" if they've been exposed to this viewpoint. And yes, the viewpoint is insane, offensive, and bigoted.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:42 AM

190 posts, read 242,371 times
Homosexuality is an abomination in the sight of God it is SIN..a soul that sins will die..u will go to hell when u die...sin is ugly that is the reason why Jesus died for all of us..we have a choice to choose Good or Evil..if we reject God He will reject us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I truly don't understand how a person can actually worship and follow a religion that so despises gay people? I was so naive in the past and thought that religion wanted people to love everybody and now I realize that Christianty is more about hating others than anything else How can anybody actually continue to follow this and live with yourself?

Old 05-17-2011, 11:49 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryann1256 View Post
Homosexuality is an abomination in the sight of God it is SIN..a soul that sins will die..u will go to hell when u die...sin is ugly that is the reason why Jesus died for all of us..we have a choice to choose Good or Evil..if we reject God He will reject us...
Nothing worse than a fundamental Christian troll....

Old 05-17-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Let me ask you a question. Do you believe homosexuality is wrong because your sacred book says so? If you had not read that book and had not read anything about homosexuality being wrong, would you still believe the way you do?

Yes, I believe that homosexuality is considered a sin because of what I read and interpret in the bible. And, I believe the bible word for word because I believe that the bible was completely inspired by God and is without flaw.

I'm not here to condemn ones sin over another. God knows that I have my own sin I deal with daily, which is no less then any other sin. My initial post here was just to simply let the OP know that I do NOT despise gays or anyone... I have a lot of love in my heart... and hate being seen in the same light as those who have no respect for gays or lesbians. We are all human and ALL have our own issues... I don't go around damning any particular group to hell.. I don't see that as cool at all. I hope you can see that.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendBeav View Post
You judge another person's sexual habits with another consenting adult, and say they're possessed by demonic forces, and sinful. I truly doubt you have "gay friends" if they've been exposed to this viewpoint. And yes, the viewpoint is insane, offensive, and bigoted.

I'm sorry that's what you've concluded about me based on my opinion and without knowing me personally.

I have nothing against you based on what you do or don't believe. Oh well... wish you nothing but the best.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryann1256 View Post

No offense but this is perhaps the reason why the world hates us....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality