Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do Atheists annoy you?
Yes 16 8.79%
No 118 64.84%
Sometimes 6 3.30%
Just the militant, aggressive Atheists 42 23.08%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 07:11 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times

Advertisements

With out the knowledge of the Spirit, those choosing to remain blind will never change.
My condolences to your soul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 07:31 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
It was very delightful to speak with you and SeekerSA. As I stated, I am not out to win an argument; most often, in speaking with an unbeliever about God and logic and reason for beliefs, the Christian will usually lose the argument. And I've already stated the purpose of my posts.
Look at it as another step in your search for knowledge about the Scripture and life. My advice is to keep searching and I believe you'll find very little in the Bible, as I did. Many of us atheists were at the same place as you before we realized the error we had made.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:45 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
The "perfection" you see in the environment is an illusion.

The environment is, in fact, extremely unstable and dynamic. It is constantly undergoing violent change and transformation. Trouble is, the changes happening all around us all the time are happening far too slowly for human beings to perceive. The mountains and the sky and the hills and the valley may look eternal and in harmony, but they aren't. If we lived hundreds of thousands of years, we'd realize that.

All of recorded human history has occurred in a window of unusually hospitable weather following the end of the last ice age. There have been may times prior to that when environmental conditions were far less hospitable to humans.
(Bolding mine.)

I disagree.

Using the words "extremely unstable" and "constantly undergoing violent change" don't gibe well with the fact that instability and violent change takes hundreds of thousands, or millions, of years.

Just because Mother Earth was less hospitable to humans millions of years ago, and may again be millions of years from now, doesn't mean she isn't perfect. We're the parasites. She's the host. If she feels a tad inhospitable every eon or three, who's to blame her?

We'd scratch that itch if we could too.

Or try to develop a vaccine if something injurious was infesting us.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:56 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
With out the knowledge of the Spirit, those choosing to remain blind will never change.
Those who depend on the bible for their sole source of spiritual knowledge will never know true Spirit.

It lives in no book.

It is your soul which will likely spend more time wandering, and hopefully, learning and growing.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:31 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
My soul thanks you for the thoughts. A gift basket would have been nicer though.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:51 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,434,030 times
Atheists, do not annoy me. I speak to them like anybody else. I would pray for them to realize God loves us more than we can understand. I would pray that get to know Jesus Christ and how he protects and loves us, but I would not be annoyed by them. I love atheists, like anybody else. Paul , who wrote much of the new testament was an atheist turned soldier for Christ!!

Old 11-07-2013, 11:53 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
I have never met a militant atheist.

Maybe it is something where you live.

Also, there is no such thing as 'so-called science' Science is science. Science can come to wrong conclusions, but that is what is nice about science. It is not dogmatic. You can refute an incorrect scientific conclusion and not get burned alive for it.

Old 11-08-2013, 04:28 AM

825 posts, read 1,034,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
For the most part, though, the "in your face Christians" and other religious folk don't go trolling in the atheist forum.
No, they just knock on your door, protest planned parenthood clinics, and vote to deny rights to homosexuals. No biggie.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:53 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,700,283 times
Men annoys me today, no care if atheist or not.

Religious people annoys me sometimes.

Atheists only if they are in bad mood.

Being atheist.. I have no care what people are as long as they are good to each others
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality