Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2011, 09:10 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,106,222 times

Advertisements

A & E. A natural death or murdered by God?

A friend has a child with a peanut allergy. He keeps the life saving medicine in his home.

He commanded his son not to eat peanuts but one day his son did. On noticing the situation, he quickly administered the drug. He recognized that the fright and discomfort to his child was punishment enough in and of itself and did not administer any other consequences. Not to his recovering child nor his siblings who had been with the child.
He mentioned, in jest, that if God would have been of like mind, the world would never have been cursed by God and all of us would not have had death and original sin imposed on us.

Genesis says that the first time that A & E did their own will and not the will of God, God administered, not only the known consequence of death on them, he also added a list of consequences that had yet not been discussed with anyone. In fact, the benefit of the gain of a moral sense, something quite valuable, was also never discussed. A & E had to gain that information from the talking snake.

These facts indicate to me that some who say that Genesis if full of instances of injustice may be right.

If I assume that A & E fell when they gained their moral sense, a strange concept to me as well as the Jews who see Genesis as man‘s elevation, Gen 3 22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil----then they truly made a mistake.

Having done something that could make them surely die as God said, it would seem to me as with my friend and his child, God should have given them the medicine that would save them. Something any good parent would do.

Instead, God put the medicine, the tree of life, in his safe, so to speak, and let A & E suffer and die as he watched.

There are two moral questions that pop to mind for me.

1. Is it moral for either God or man to sit and do nothing, or even hold back, life saving measures from a dying child?

Scripture shows God barring the way to the tree of life.

2. Is it Moral, for parents or God, to add on a group of as yet unknown consequences, to some infraction that a child may have done?

Scripture shows God passing on A & E’s sin to us via original sin, cursing the earth etc.
All consequences that he arbitrarily added on without any warning at all.

Now I know that some say that we cannot judge God.
I will let the Bible judge him then.

On original sin and death being given to all of us.
Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

On God’s action toward the evil disobedience.
Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

A reply to both questions above would be appreciated.

Regards
DL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQBDGMj2h-c&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxyLZyBjyvY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XnnKA4o2Ao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 10:44 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,215,344 times
You do know that reading Genesis you have to pretend it is real and deny logic and rational thought? God can do anything he pleases.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:59 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Obviously not any proof reading to make sure all these stories meshed (God is LOVE!!) when this book was compiled.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
You do know that reading Genesis you have to pretend it is real and deny logic and rational thought? God can do anything he pleases.
Read either way, literally or as allegory or myth, the story is still showing an immorral God who would make any parent shudder about having such a parent and yes, many theist think that God's do as I say and not as I do attitude is a good policy.

Since they are to emulate God, if they do, they too would make a **** poor parent.

Regards
DL

Old 08-15-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Obviously not any proof reading to make sure all these stories meshed (God is LOVE!!) when this book was compiled.
That is a for sure.
It did serve their purpose though in making sure that woman was kept firmly under male dominance.

Regards
DL

Old 08-15-2011, 04:25 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
God put before us , Life and death, ` And says to us `Choose life``....... See in you go and see behind of the veil of the spirit , there is a dark spirit that can manipulate the flesh of man and animals , as in Genesis 3;14 The Lord said the this dark spirit ..``because you have done this, you are cursed above all cattle and above every beast of the field, on your belly will you go, and the dust will you eat all the days of your life``......Do you see what the Lord did , he gave this murdering dark lying spirit power over the cattle and above every beast of the field, which means man who does not know the Lord or have faith to receive The Lord blessing is under this dark spirit power...... why did he give this dark spirit all these powers to manipulate man ....... because God knew Jesus would eventually come and give a blessing to man were every thing would be done for the obedient righteousness children of God and this dark spirit would be their only challenge in this world , and God could take care of them for their wellbeing ..... See God could have whipped the dark spirit right off the world and he could have ended his interest in man and ignore him like a animal of the field , but God had a plan for man and His creation ...... How do Children of God help this person who is ill.... Well we have to believe and pray to the living God Jesus ...... Father I ask forgiveness for this person with this nut allergy in Jesus mighty name Father I command all curses of this person in Jesus name to come forth in Jesus name ..... I bind all this demons in Jesus name take their power away and cast them down in Jesus name ... I loose all the spiritual wickedness in the high place or the strong men in Jesus bind them up in Jesus and caste them down in Jesus name ...... Father I plead the blood of Jesus and command a plan for this person and youth on his life in Jesus name ........ I take away our judgment away and the unbelief that will come against this prayer in Jesus name Thank you Jesus, Praise the Lord Glory to God.....

Old 08-16-2011, 06:23 AM

Thanks for preaching.
If you want a reply, speak to the issue at hand.
If all you want to do is preach, go to church.

Justify your God's immoral and foolish actions if you can.

Regards
DL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality