Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 10:36 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,083 times

Advertisements

My answer could always change if only because I cannot know what God changes with or without my power. As far as I know it still was the self-deluding free will which was acting like the power of God.

This question was directed to me for my irresponsible situation of free will at NOW, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 10:53 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
For those of you that say you would give it back, would your answer change if you had to give it to another living human?
Ah. Yes. Given the choice I think I'd have to hide the Ring in the Depths of the earth. The temptation of we humans to use it would be too strong to resist. Of course they would intend to do good - even if a few wickedly misguided opponents needed to be squoshed to a sanguine smear under an invisible foot. Yes, The intent would be to put everything right and make everyone happy. That is how it would start.

I'd pile a few more tons of earth on the hiding - place.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:24 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,112 times
Quote:
And for the purpose of this, you could do anything. Uproot mountains, turn oceans to deserts, make all dresses mini-skirts, etc... What would you do? Remake the world in your image? Sit at home and watch TV? leave earth to its doom?
honestly..i would make ALL humans ,love each other. this would remove ALL forms of hatred, greed,and jealousy. then i would make sure no one were homeless or hungry. actually this is something Jehovah God had always plan,( making his people happy).

and he will,once he do away with many people and things,(Pro. 2:22 But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it).

make sure no one would be homeless or hungry...(Isa. 65:21,22 - And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands).
peace

Old 08-29-2011, 12:23 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Irrelevant question, since there is no god hence no powers.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:32 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Not many humans can handle power anyway so how could we possibly handle even one fraction of the power of God..

We understand the power of money, the power of the spotlight and the power of greed, but few understand the power of God..

I think I would also "give it back"..

Old 08-29-2011, 12:35 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,214,960 times
Quote:
And for the purpose of this, you could do anything.

Uproot mountains, turn oceans to deserts, make all dresses mini-skirts, etc...

What would you do? Remake the world in your image? Sit at home and watch TV? leave earth to its doom?
I would command that people stop believing in magical bearded sky daddies and take more science classes.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:29 PM

419 posts, read 365,378 times
If I had powers I would make everything perfect. Make everyone robots and then give them a false sense of freewill and then sleep the rest of the time.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:56 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
And for the purpose of this, you could do anything.
If given the power of God? I 'd give it back. Thankless job, that.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:57 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I think I would also "give it back"..
Heh, guess I should've read the rest of the thread before replying.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:04 PM

124 posts, read 174,696 times
I would eliminate the thread of greed in humans and instill compassion and mercy. A lot of people who start out trying to help others often let their greediness takeover thus wiping away any good they have done. I would also eliminate any suffering of a child/pets and bring back all the children\pets who died from such suffering. You would just be unable to hurt them, you mind wouldn't allow it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality