Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 07:05 PM

1 posts, read 961 times

Advertisements

I am just doing some research and I am wondering if anyone out there knows if a person whom lives in Indiana can be forced by law to attend a religious forum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 08:14 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,228,658 times
Well, first you need to be a little more specific as to the circumstances.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:22 PM

1,906 posts, read 1,616,992 times
It does seem strange to force someone to attend a meeting where ideas are discussed.

More info please.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:47 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,555,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevymom View Post
I am just doing some research and I am wondering if anyone out there knows if a person whom lives in Indiana can be forced by law to attend a religious forum?
Is this question for real? Since this isn't China or North Korea, I wouldn't think so...but as other posters have said, we need more info...

Old 01-04-2012, 10:09 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,049,967 times
I think it's a cry for help - she's a new member of the FORUM, it's her first post in this FORUM.... she's obviously been forced to join and post in this religion/philosophy FORUM.

But by whom? Perhaps the clue is in her forum name. Chevymom. So, she's a mother, and a mother of a person called Chevy, but I only know of one thing called Chevy - a vehicle. Obviously, she has given birth to a Chevy and it is possessed and making her post in this forum. But do sentient cars fall under US law? No, so she wouldn't be asking. So my idea of making a salt circle of the Toyota logo and then driving the Chevy into it to exorcise it wouldn't work. Scratch that. There must be another Chevy.

Aha! Chevy Chase. It's the only answer. Only he would be diabolical enough to do such a thing! But what can we do? We're not once-popular rich actors with the power to force normal mothers to post on forums. Afterall, that's why we're all here in the first place (Dang you, Dennis Hopper!).

I'm afraid until more details are forthcoming, it would be best if someone would Google the address of Chevy Chase and go investigate - Scooby Doo style.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
I think it's a cry for help - she's a new member of the FORUM, it's her first post in this FORUM.... she's obviously been forced to join and post in this religion/philosophy FORUM.

But by whom? Perhaps the clue is in her forum name. Chevymom. So, she's a mother, and a mother of a person called Chevy, but I only know of one thing called Chevy - a vehicle. Obviously, she has given birth to a Chevy and it is possessed and making her post in this forum. But do sentient cars fall under US law? No, so she wouldn't be asking. So my idea of making a salt circle of the Toyota logo and then driving the Chevy into it to exorcise it wouldn't work. Scratch that. There must be another Chevy.

Aha! Chevy Chase. It's the only answer. Only he would be diabolical enough to do such a thing! But what can we do? We're not once-popular rich actors with the power to force normal mothers to post on forums. Afterall, that's why we're all here in the first place (Dang you, Dennis Hopper!).

I'm afraid until more details are forthcoming, it would be best if someone would Google the address of Chevy Chase and go investigate - Scooby Doo style.
Oh, don't go scaring the poor girl off now!

For all we know, it could be job related.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:36 AM

3,483 posts, read 4,049,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Oh, don't go scaring the poor girl off now!

For all we know, it could be job related.
I was just tryin' to help, in the only way I know how.

Come back, Chevymom! We need more info! "Forum" could have several different connotations, so nobody can give you an answer yet.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:15 AM

16,708 posts, read 15,709,123 times
You could go here Indiana General Assembly and try to search for some law or rule that would apply. However, my guess is that any such law would violate the 1st Amendment and the US Supreme Court would toss it out in a heartbeat.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:41 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,002,497 times
Considering she has only one post to her credit, she may be having problems navigating this site and finding this thread.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
I was just tryin' to help, in the only way I know how.

Come back, Chevymom! We need more info! "Forum" could have several different connotations, so nobody can give you an answer yet.
you're funny! I'll give you that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality