Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 01:54 PM

13,630 posts, read 10,038,405 times

Advertisements

I think it’s a question worth asking.

So, could it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 03:04 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,226,015 times
I think the biggest stumbling block to ANY relationship is being told by others how it SHOULD be. IMO that is what organized religion is best at.

Thank the universe, i'm Pagan.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:05 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,024,985 times
The best religion is the religion were Jesus Holy Spirit is part of the lead that Jesus needs to bless His believers ...... So if you remove Jesus and His Holy Spirit than this religion will be getting the way of having a good relationship with God , because it is a religion that the living God Jesus Christ never authored so no faith would be given by strange religion that is alien to the Lord Jesus and His purpose....... strange religion is were people need to be clean on the outside and evil on the heart of the person .... this is also were people worship anything else but Jesus and His plan ...a religion were Holy Spirit is nowhere and faith is reasoned out and legalism rules which is faithlesness.......The idea is to find Jesus by His ideas and His ways and love the Lord Jesus and obey His plan and purpose......... Even though some people will fall into religion of powerless godliness . Lord Jesus calls us to love them and pray for them as God wants to help them all....

Old 01-01-2012, 03:18 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,661,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The best religion is the religion were Jesus Holy Spirit is part of the lead that Jesus needs to bless His believers ...... So if you remove Jesus and His Holy Spirit than this religion will be getting the way of having a good relationship with God , because it is a religion that the living God Jesus Christ never authored so no faith would be given by strange religion that is alien to the Lord Jesus and His purpose....... strange religion is were people need to be clean on the outside and evil on the heart of the person .... this is also were people worship anything else but Jesus and His plan ...a religion were Holy Spirit is nowhere and faith is reasoned out and legalism rules which is faithlesness.......The idea is to find Jesus by His ideas and His ways and love the Lord Jesus and obey His plan and purpose......... Even though some people will fall into religion of powerless godliness . Lord Jesus calls us to love them and pray for them as God wants to help them all....

Interesting, the Jewish people have a good relationship with god long before the belief of Jesus the Christ or Christianity ever came into existence. I wonder how you explain that.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:48 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
I think it’s a question worth asking.
So, could it?
There is no question about it . . . Christianity has done so for over 2000 years.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:28 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,549,395 times
Possibly. I guess it would depend on which religion you choose to follow and how you choose to follow it.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:21 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,047,326 times
I think religion is required to even have the desire to know of God.
Now, Organized Religion can be a stumbling block in my opinion. But that's entirely different from religion. I guess it all depends on one's definition of religion.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:18 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Yes, how is "religion" being defined? I have a good relationship with God but I don't have a "religion". I honor the Golden Rule. At one time I followed a Christian religion but found that it conflicted over time with a relationship with God because of the element of idolatry. But, in general, I do feel that the Christian religions today definitely impair a good relationship with God.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:29 AM

2,108 posts, read 2,895,483 times
I don't believe there is a god, so I don't believe religion or anything else can get in the way of a person having a relationship with an imaginary friend..uh, I mean god.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:10 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
I don't believe there is a god, so I don't believe religion or anything else can get in the way of a person having a relationship with an imaginary friend..uh, I mean god.
Good point.
I don't think there is much difference between 'organized religion' and a relationship with god. These are just word plays used by the religious. How can anyone have a relationship with imaginary beings?

btw. I wish I could give Trumpetcallofgod 10 more rep points!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality