Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 10:51 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Paul chose not to be financially compensated, even though he knew he had the right to receive it. I know of one modern-day pastor who does the same.
Well, it's good enough for him when he wasn't a rich man (or so I suppose) I don't know why it's not good enough for Robertson, who's rolling in it.

1Cr 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also [am] of Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 12:04 AM

98 posts, read 147,432 times
So God and Jesus would be happier to get their 10% even if it means a family doesn't have a roof or food?

Heck, I'm a third generation atheist and even I know enough about religion to know that this does not make sense. I think if the above gentlemen really needed believers' money they wouldnt need middlemen in order to take it.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:34 AM

1,435 posts, read 1,554,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Well, it's good enough for him when he wasn't a rich man (or so I suppose) I don't know why it's not good enough for Robertson, who's rolling in it.

Quote:
Is this true? Can you post a link to a source documenting Robertson's net worth and income? And to a source that documents his contributions to the church and to charity? I'm not saying you are lying, you may be right, there are many TV preachers that are fairly wealthy, if not rich, but I would like to be sure first before being so judgemental.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:00 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
He is the founder and chairman of The Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) Inc., and founder of International Family Entertainment Inc., Regent University, Operation Blessing International Relief and Development Corporation, American Center for Law and Justice, The Flying Hospital, Inc. and several other organizations and broadcast entities. Robertson was the founder and co-chairman of International Family Entertainment Inc. (IFE).

Formed in 1990, IFE produced and distributed family entertainment and information programming worldwide. IFE's principal business was The Family Channel, a satellite delivered cable-television network with 63 million U.S. subscribers. IFE, a publicly held company listed on the New York Stock Exchange, was sold in 1997 to Fox Kids Worldwide, Inc. for $1.9 billion, whereupon it was renamed Fox Family Channel. Disney acquired FFC in 2001 and its name was changed again, to ABC Family.

Robertson is a global businessman with media holdings in Asia, the United Kingdom, and Africa. He struck a deal with Pittsburgh, PA-based General Nutrition Center to produce and market a weight-loss shake he created and promoted on the 700 Club TV show.

In 1999, Robertson entered into a joint venture with the Bank of Scotland to provide financial services in the United States. However, the move was met with criticism in the UK due to Robertson's views on homosexuality. After Robertson commented that Scotland was "a dark land overrun by homosexuals", the Bank of Scotland canceled the venture.[13]

Robertson's extensive business interests have earned him a net worth estimated between $200 million and $1 billion.[14]

A fan of Thoroughbred horse racing, Robertson paid $520,000 for a colt he named Mr. Pat. Trained by John Kimmel, Mr. Pat was not a successful runner. He was nominated for, but did not run in, the 2000 Kentucky Derby.[15][16]

According to a 2 June 1999, article in The Virginian-Pilot,[17] Robertson had extensive business dealings with Liberian president Charles Taylor. According to the article, Taylor gave Robertson the rights to mine for diamonds in Liberia's mineral-rich countryside. .[read more here] How rich is Pat Robertson? - Yahoo! Answers

This was one of the first results. Google the rest yourself since reading about the lousebag makes me feel ill.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:03 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,328 times
Quote:
He is the founder and chairman of The Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) Inc., and founder of International Family Entertainment Inc., Regent University, Operation Blessing International Relief and Development Corporation, American Center for Law and Justice, The Flying Hospital, Inc. and several other organizations and broadcast entities. Robertson was the founder and co-chairman of International Family Entertainment Inc. (IFE).

Formed in 1990, IFE produced and distributed family entertainment and information programming worldwide. IFE's principal business was The Family Channel, a satellite delivered cable-television network with 63 million U.S. subscribers. IFE, a publicly held company listed on the New York Stock Exchange, was sold in 1997 to Fox Kids Worldwide, Inc. for $1.9 billion, whereupon it was renamed Fox Family Channel. Disney acquired FFC in 2001 and its name was changed again, to ABC Family.

Robertson is a global businessman with media holdings in Asia, the United Kingdom, and Africa. He struck a deal with Pittsburgh, PA-based General Nutrition Center to produce and market a weight-loss shake he created and promoted on the 700 Club TV show.

In 1999, Robertson entered into a joint venture with the Bank of Scotland to provide financial services in the United States. However, the move was met with criticism in the UK due to Robertson's views on homosexuality. After Robertson commented that Scotland was "a dark land overrun by homosexuals", the Bank of Scotland canceled the venture.[13]

Robertson's extensive business interests have earned him a net worth estimated between $200 million and $1 billion.[14]

A fan of Thoroughbred horse racing, Robertson paid $520,000 for a colt he named Mr. Pat. Trained by John Kimmel, Mr. Pat was not a successful runner. He was nominated for, but did not run in, the 2000 Kentucky Derby.[15][16]

According to a 2 June 1999, article in The Virginian-Pilot,[17] Robertson had extensive business dealings with Liberian president Charles Taylor. According to the article, Taylor gave Robertson the rights to mine for diamonds in Liberia's mineral-rich countryside. .[read more here] How rich is Pat Robertson? - Yahoo! Answers

This was one of the first results. Google the rest yourself since reading about the lousebag makes me feel ill.
Show, place and win.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:17 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Pat is the typical bottom feeding evangelist.
And saidly there is much to feed on at the bottom.

If you loose you home because you gave to the church instead of paying your mortgage, you deserve to loose your home.

Stupidity would not be as common as it is if it were painful.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:28 PM

511 posts, read 491,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
And saidly there is much to feed on at the bottom.

If you loose you home because you gave to the church instead of paying your mortgage, you deserve to loose your home.

Stupidity would not be as common as it is if it were painful.
That must be a relief to you (assuming you have a low pain tolerance).

Old 01-12-2012, 01:01 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flem125 View Post
That must be a relief to you (assuming you have a low pain tolerance).
Before your childish insults can effect me, I must first value your opinion........ you do the math

Old 01-12-2012, 02:42 PM

511 posts, read 491,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Before your childish insults can effect me, I must first value your opinion........ you do the math
Deep

Old 01-12-2012, 06:09 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,554,078 times
Quote:

I'll have to Google more since the source you cited was just an aswer by a member of another internet forum. I want to see tax returns, corporate disclosures, actual proof.......not a bias rant by just some guy.

There was no documentation cited or presented in that "answer"...maybe you didn't understand my question?

So he is a businesman too...God forbid he works for a living!!: Businessman - PatRobertson.com Some posters in this forum deride any person that only makes a living off of preaching the Gospel, so when one makes a living in the secular world, suddenly he is evil!! Make up your mind!! And a person's business interests' a net worth is different from that person's personal net worth. As a Catholic, I don't agree with all of Robertson's theology, and as an independent, I don't agree with all of his politics, but I will not besmirch a man for being successful, all only with the grace of God. Plus, you have overlooked all the good that he has done, funny, how some people on this forum can do that when it comes to christian priests and pastors, especially if they are on TV: Humanitarian - PatRobertson.com , The 700 Club Staff Bio -- Pat Robertson . Obviously, you've done just as much, if not more, than he has...

Last edited by cmforte; 01-12-2012 at 06:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality