Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 08:21 AM

4,729 posts, read 4,379,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Well, that would be ill informed....
I'm not exactly a Christian according to the Nicene Creed, was raised Christian...but
I respect Jesus so much...and I thought he kinda went thru a check list to make
sure he fulfilled the OT predictions or requirements.

Why? Because of the Jewish beliefs...just wanted to be taken seriously...did he have to? No.
He could have come onto the world stage in Northern Russia and fulfilled their
beliefs...but these people were open
...well, a lot of them, the climate was ripe..so why not go along with their belief system.
He did fulfill many of them....I heard over 100 things written in the OT.

Mind you, I don't have a dog in this race...I don't care what people's beliefs are.
But I, for one, think their was a checklist he followed.
There was a checklist, and it only required a half dozen or so items - not 100. He met zero of the requirements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 11:34 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,451,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
There was a checklist, and it only required a half dozen
or so items - not 100. He met zero of the requirements.
I hope someone rebutes this...bec off hand I can think of a couple and I'm
no scholar...but others here are.
Anyone, wanna give a list?

Old 12-31-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I hope someone rebutes this...bec off hand I can think of a couple and I'm
no scholar...but others here are.
Anyone, wanna give a list?

Miss Hepburn, they are not coming to your rescue to rebute my assertion. You need only look back at post #37 in this thread to see the truth. But to simplify, let me re-post the checklist for you. Again, Jesus fulfilled none:

Quote:
The mashiach will bring about the political and spiritual redemption of the Jewish people by bringing us back to Israel and restoring Jerusalem (Isaiah 11:11-12; Jeremiah 23:8; 30:3; Hosea 3:4-5).

He will establish a government in Israel that will be the center of all world government, both for Jews and gentiles (Isaiah 2:2-4; 11:10; 42:1).

He will rebuild the Temple and re-establish its worship (Jeremiah 33:18).

He will restore the religious court system of Israel and establish Jewish law as the law of the land (Jeremiah 33:15).
If somebody else has a source that pre-dates the arrival of Jesus that has different requirments for moschiach, well, I'm all ears.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:36 PM

670 posts, read 816,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The mainstream view of Judaism is that Jesus is not only a false messiah, but that Jesus is also the worst of several false messiahs.

Jews do not believe that Jesus fulfilled any of the Messianic prophecies. Therefore, Jews also reject that Jesus was born of a virgin, was the son of God, or was resurrected after his death.

Discuss.
Jesus is the son of my god the All-Fire who has revealed him/herself to me.
We are to follow his teachings of peace and love.

Jesus is not the son of Yahweh.
Jesus is not the Jewish Messiah.

I believe that since the people he was preaching to where Jewish that many assumed he was the child of their god, but he was not.

His father and Yahweh have two very distinct personalities and I believe very strongly they are two different gods.
In my opinion Yahweh is an evil god because he commanded acts of genocide against people who didn't worship him, while The Father is a god of love and peace. The New Testament authors where simply confused and thought he was the Jewish Messiah.

Old 12-31-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
If somebody else has a source that pre-dates the arrival of Jesus that has different requirments for moschiach, well, I'm all ears.
Kinda sad, huh? A billion Chrstians in the world with a religion built upon the idea that Jesus was the messiah, but not one Chrstian can answer my challenge above.

Truth always trumps.

Old 12-31-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Kinda sad, huh? A billion Chrstians in the world with a religion built upon the idea that Jesus was the messiah, but not one Chrstian can answer my challenge above.

Truth always trumps.
If one looks back through history, this is usually the point in the discussion where the Chrstian just kills the Jew, and everybody just moves on with the status quo.

Old 12-31-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post

I believe that since the people he was preaching to where Jewish that many assumed he was the child of their god, but he was not.

His father and Yahweh have two very distinct personalities and I believe very strongly they are two different gods.
In my opinion Yahweh is an evil god because he commanded acts of genocide against people who didn't worship him, while The Father is a god of love and peace. The New Testament authors where simply confused and thought he was the Jewish Messiah.
Quote:

Truth always trumps.
Quote:
If one looks back through history, this is usually the point in the discussion where the Chrstian just kills the Jew, and everybody just moves on with the status quo.
Why would I kill the Jews?
I have nothing against Jews.
Only Yahweh.

Old 12-31-2013, 05:45 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,906,186 times
Quote:

Fascinating post, Azrael17. I get the impression that a lot of Christians think their religion is based on Judaism, but you do not seem to agree with that. I have never heard that idea.

I hope you don't mind if I carry your post over to the Christian forum to see if any other people agree with you.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:37 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,252,379 times
Quote:

You and the Rider, and maybe even me, have more in common than we may at first suspect.

Carry on.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Fascinating post, Azrael17. I get the impression that a lot of Christians think their religion is based on Judaism, but you do not seem to agree with that. I have never heard that idea.

I hope you don't mind if I carry your post over to the Christian forum to see if any other people agree with you.
I am most defiantly not your typical Christian. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality