Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 12:57 PM

1,298 posts, read 2,239,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Round4,
I see in Romans1:26-27 that they went against their nature. I would assume this means that they went against their heterosexual nature. I have never been heterosexual by nature. I went against MY nature and married a man, that turned out badly for both of us. I can honestly say I tried to be heterosexual. I married twice, made myself sick by denying who I was inside. This is the way I was meant to be, I TRIED to choose to be attracted to men. Don't you think it would be an easier path for me to straight? I am ridiculed, demeaned, and denied rights because of something that is beyond my control. Why would anyone CHOOSE to live like many homosexuals have had to live?

So maybe this verse is speaking to being who you were meant to be. For me that is a lesbian.
I'm sorry your treated so badly. Like I've stated, I don't judge anyone. It's not my position to do so. I merely posted my opinion and then gave the reason(scripture) of why I do feel as I do.

I wish you the best.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
You'll never get that over to people like round4 jjrose. Do you notice the bigotry starting to emerge in that last post of hers/his. Guess h/she just couldn't keep it hidden huh?

LOL...you're absolutley hilarious. And guess what? I wish you the best as well.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:07 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by round4 View Post
Ok, I was born in God's Likeness. I am straight I was born that way and so were ALL people. Gays were not born that way. Period. Just as murderers were not born that way, IT IS A CHOICE you make to be gay, to kill, lie, fight, steal. Yes, yes, it is.
No, no, no it isn't...and your anti-gay bigotry is showing.

Quote:
No mater what you say or do, I WILL NOT back down.
Of course you won't! That's what bigotry and indoctrination do to people. Your type wouldn't back down if your man-god himself told you you were wrong....sweetie-pie.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:08 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
"Arsenokoitai" is made up of two parts: "arsen" means "man"; "koitai" means "beds."
Although the word in English Bibles is interpreted as referring to homosexuals, we can be fairly certain that this is not the meaning that Paul wanted to convey. If he had, he would have used the word "paiderasste." That was the standard Greek term at the time for sexual activity between males. We can conclude that he probably meant something different than people who engaged in male-male adult sexual behavior.
HOMOSEXUALITY IN THE NEW TESTAMENT: CONSERVATIVE AND LIBERAL VIEWS

Old 05-01-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
IT IS A CHOICE you make to be gay.....
Shaking head in disbelief here!!

Old 05-01-2012, 01:15 PM

Now don't you go confusing Round4 with facts.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:15 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Yes, this is what my opinion is based on.
Oh, we all know what your opinions are based on...The bible, a book that is the bane of common sense.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:18 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
Quote:
No need for such hatred, as your post is dripping with.

While the Bible does address homosexuality, it does not explicitly mention gay marriage/same-sex marriage.
It is clear, however, that the Bible condemns homosexuality as an immoral and unnatural sin. Leviticus 18:22 identifies homosexual sex as an abomination, a detestable sin. Romans 1:26-27 declares homosexual desires and actions to be shameful, unnatural, lustful, and indecent. First Corinthians 6:9 states that homosexuals are unrighteous and will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Since both homosexual desires and actions are condemned in the Bible, it is clear that homosexuals “marrying” is not God’s will, and would be, in fact, sinful.

I stated what I believe, and why I believe it. Here is why I do. And I will stand for it, on it, and around it.

I was asked not to act on my tendicies. The Bible teaches to keep yourself pure. and not to defile his temple. Never said I was perfect.

I was 12 when I first "fell in love" and it was with a teacher, a female, love and and adoration, nothing sexual. I've never been attracted sexually to another woman. and I CHOOSE not to try it, either.

I don't feel like any of us should have to explain ourselves, and still, we do. My first post is accurate. Again, I judge no one.
Why do you choose to obey the fact the Bible condemns gay people, but ignore the fact the Bible tells blind people they cannot approach the altar?

Leviticus 21:18-21

Quote:
18 No man who has any defect may come near: no man who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed; 19 no man with a crippled foot or hand, 20 or who is a hunchback or a dwarf, or who has any eye defect, or who has festering or running sores or damaged testicles. 21 No descendant of Aaron the priest who has any defect is to come near to present the food offerings to the Lord. He has a defect; he must not come near to offer the food of his God.
It’s funny. I read that verse in a Braille version of the Bible. Christians use Leviticus 18:22 to try to stop same-sex marriage from passing, but don’t seem to let Leviticus 21:18 to stop them from producing Braille bibles.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:19 PM

I can do nothing by pray for the misguided and confused, say, do as you will, persecute me, call me names, I count it all as joy.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:21 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
Quote:
Ok, I was born in God's Likeness. I am straight I was born that way and so were ALL people. Gays were not born that way. Period. Just as murderers were not born that way, IT IS A CHOICE you make to be gay, to kill, lie, fight, steal. Yes, yes, it is.

Me cry? no sweetie pie, not me. Not over a forum. And certainly not over a seemingly delusional individual.

No mater what you say or do, I WILL NOT back down. I've stated my opinion. And that is final.
I find it funny that you think you know more about homosexuality, as heterosexual, than gay people themselves. Do you also presume to know more about medicine than your doctors? Or are you only that way when it comes to homosexuality?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality