Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 05:26 PM

2,767 posts, read 2,667,325 times

Advertisements

A secret Bible in which Jesus is believed to predict the coming of the Prophet Muhammad to
Earth has sparked serious interest from the Vatican.

and the Noble Quran confirm that here..
And when Jesus son of Mary said: O Children of Israel! Lo! I am the messenger of Allah unto you,
confirming that which was (revealed) before me in the Torah, and bringing good tidings of a messenger who cometh after me,
whose name is the Praised One.
Yet when he hath come unto them with clear proofs, they say: This is mere magic. 61:6
Secret £14million Bible in which 'Jesus predicts coming of Prophet Muhammad' unearthed in Turkey | Mail Online

in this clip in the movie jesus is put on the cross and that did not happen
but the clip is telling about prophet Muhammed and jesus called the god as elahi

elah means god
elahi means my god = Allah

Passion of the Christ (PBUH) mentions about Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) as Mentioned in the Bible ! - YouTube

Last edited by truth_teller; 05-27-2012 at 05:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 05:55 PM

1,973 posts, read 1,937,745 times
the Quran was written 1000 years after Jesus

and the passion of the christ is based on the writings of an anti-semitic nun Catherine Emmerich suffering from menta illness that made her hallucinate and another anti-Semitic nun Mary of Agreda

many of the scenes in that poor excuse of a racist anti-semitic movie NEVER mentioned in the bible

Old 05-27-2012, 07:07 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,709,055 times
Interesting that it's written in aramaic. Slightly suspicious that it is written on metal (can't carbon -date it) ah, sorry -it's too early for me to be posting.. written in 'gold' on 'animal hide'. I don't know what the Vatican wants to see it for - unless they want to translate it personally. I'll be interested to see the verified translations, in full. No provenance? Just 'found' in a smuggling raid. Not certain whether this is related to the other known gospel of Barnabas.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 05-27-2012 at 07:17 PM..

Old 05-27-2012, 07:19 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,816,879 times
Between having the Pope's butler in the dungeon chained to the wall ...Moderator cut: delete ..written on a tin bible- The Vatican sure has it's hands full this week..

Last edited by june 7th; 05-28-2012 at 12:46 PM..

Old 05-27-2012, 07:37 PM

I see that the other versions of Barnabas are an renaissance Italian gospel and an 18th c copy of a lost Spanish gospel. If authentic, this would be an interesting aramaic original.

I can see that the sides are forming up in entrenched positions according to how clearly it seems to speak of a greater messenger than Jesus -even if it doesn't plainly give the name as muhammad.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:58 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,553,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
A secret Bible in which Jesus is believed to predict the coming of the Prophet Muhammad to
Earth has sparked serious interest from the Vatican.

and the Noble Quran confirm that here..
And when Jesus son of Mary said: O Children of Israel! Lo! I am the messenger of Allah unto you,
confirming that which was (revealed) before me in the Torah, and bringing good tidings of a messenger who cometh after me,
whose name is the Praised One.
Yet when he hath come unto them with clear proofs, they say: This is mere magic. 61:6
Secret £14million Bible in which 'Jesus predicts coming of Prophet Muhammad' unearthed in Turkey | Mail Online

in this clip in the movie jesus is put on the cross and that did not happen
but the clip is telling about prophet Muhammed and jesus called the god as elahi

elah means god
elahi means my god = Allah

Passion of the Christ (PBUH) mentions about Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) as Mentioned in the Bible ! - YouTube
Apparently no one knows yet what the exact words of the book say, some only believe Jesus predicts Muhammed, they don't know that for a fact and I can bet who exactly believes it and wants it to be true. I have Googled it as much as I could and no article or source has yet to state that it has been scientifically studied. It is telling how some want to spin it in their favor, without the facts coming out yet. Secondly, what we know right now (which might change) it was written 500 years after Jesus, so it was not written by Barnabas who was an Apostle who lived along side with Jesus. There were many gnostic and heretical writings floating around not long after the death of Jesus, and it is believed by some (like me) that Muhammed got most of his beliefs from those writings, not from God.

From http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1w8utKCld:
Quote:
Pope Benedict XVI is claimed to want to see the 1,500-year-old book, which many say is the Gospel of Barnabas, that has been hidden by the Turkish state for the last 12 years.

The £14million handwritten gold lettered tome, penned in Jesus' native Aramaic language, is said to contain his early teachings and a prediction of the Prophet's coming.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1w8utKCld
From http://www.christianpost.com/news/po...million-70385/:
Quote:
There are many conflicting and controversial reports on the contents of the "secret Bible."

...Many people believe the book is a fake and only dates back to the 16th century. The oldest copies of the "secret Bible" date back to that time and are written in Spanish and Italian.

Protestant pastor, Ihsan Oznek disputes the authenticity of the "secret Bible's" content, according to the Today Zaman. He says that St. Barnabas lived in the first century and was one of the Apostles of Jesus, which is in contrast to the version said to come from the fifth or sixth century.

"Since there is around 500 years in between St. Barnabas and the writing of the Bible copy, Muslims may be disappointed to see that this copy does not include the things they would like to see," Ozbeck said. "It might have no relation with the content of the Gospel of Barnabas."
Bottum line is at this time all we have are claims, not supported facts.

Last edited by cmforte; 05-28-2012 at 12:38 AM..

Old 05-27-2012, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
the Quran was written 1000 years after Jesus

and the passion of the christ is based on the writings of an anti-semitic nun Catherine Emmerich suffering from menta illness that made her hallucinate and another anti-Semitic nun Mary of Agreda

many of the scenes in that poor excuse of a racist anti-semitic movie NEVER mentioned in the bible

Which scenes?

Old 05-28-2012, 02:05 AM

3,483 posts, read 4,044,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
Which scenes?
The scene with the snake/devil in the garden in which Jesus prays comes to mind. I can't vouch for any more, since I became bored and stopped watching shortly afterwards.

The Last Temptation was much more interesting...

Old 05-28-2012, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
The scene with the snake/devil in the garden in which Jesus prays comes to mind. I can't vouch for any more, since I became bored and stopped watching shortly afterwards.

The Last Temptation was much more interesting...
I agree that wasn't in Scripture and I did hate that they added it and a few similar scenes. But seeing how that and similar scenes was a metaphor for Christ conquering the devil as soon as He determined to go through with His passion, I wonder why Meester-Chung considers them "racist" and "anti-Semitic"?

Old 05-28-2012, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
I agree that wasn't in Scripture and I did hate that they added it and a few similar scenes. But seeing how that and similar scenes was a metaphor for Christ conquering the devil as soon as He determined to go through with His passion, I wonder why Meester-Chung considers them "racist" and "anti-Semitic"?
Thanks for your post above. I have long suspected that Muhammad based his new spin on the Bible- religions on Judaism and Christianity with a pretty comprehensive rejection of the incarnated god idea. I had also begun to see that the Gnostic texts were a rather Egyptian sect of Christianity while the Greek and Latin gospels became chosen (predictably) by Constantine as the 'correct' religion and the 'other' lot were classed as heretics and were suppressed accordingly.

Thus the interesting idea that Muhammad might have got some of his ideas from the Gnostics supposes that they survived a couple of hundred years of latin - church suppression. But we know that persecuted religions can survive remarkably well.

BTW. I suspect that Mr Chung may have the Gospel according to St. Mel in mind when me mentions a passion with anti -semitic scenes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality