Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 09:28 AM

91 posts, read 97,677 times

Advertisements

Legendary Metal Library Found in Tayos Cave in Ecuador

Read more: http://socyberty.com/activism/legend...#ixzz21eM4U9RG

Here's what they found:
  • 1. A library with thousands of metal books. The team was unable to specify what metal the books were made of but the look was similar to silver. Each page had symbols and strange writing on them.
  • Individual plates with writing on them and strange symbols that looked to be made of gold.
  • 2. At least several hundred statues of insects, animals and humans spread throughout the large chamber.
  • 3. Lots of metal bars thought to be both gold and/or silver. Also found were various children’s toys and jewelry items made from gold or silver.
  • 4. One large sarcophagus containing one human skeleton decorated with jewels and golden jewelry.
  • 5. The team also found at least three doors that could be more tombs but were sealed completely shut
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 09:42 AM

Where did Joseph Smith get the idea of ancient records on metal plates hidden in a stone box that was buried in the earth? Critics mocked this for decades--until many other examples of ancient records preserved on plates or in stone boxes were found. In our day, scholars know that there is a vast ancient tradition pertaining to preserving sacred records by concealing them for some future time. It turns out that this practice of concealing records "is most prominent in the ancient Near East, the land from which the Book of Mormon people emigrated to the New World. The practice of concealing records in stone boxes is also well attested in the ancient world and was still being practice in Moroni's day. And the use of metal for preserving sacred records is also attested, particularly in the ancient Near East. Joseph Smith could not have known all of this (though some basic concepts were known before 1830 - see "Those Implausible Plates" at Mormanity for a discussion), and his early critics had no clue either (and many modern critics still remain blissfully unaware of the extensive discoveries in this area). How, then, if the Book of Mormon is a forgery, did Joseph manage to be so lucky as to make up a story that fits ancient patterns so well?

Old 08-23-2012, 09:59 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,700,397 times
My first reaction was 'Damn' - fantastic!' What is this stuff?

Then I looked at the pictures and me heart sank. I am going to stick my neck out and say 'Fake'.

How do I know? How does an antiquary know a vase is fake? Experience.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:17 AM

A library with thousands of metal books is fake, what Experience?

Old 08-23-2012, 10:21 AM

The team did claim to have samples of at least one of the metal books, one golden plate and several small statues that they will be submitting to professional testing so hopefully this will give us answers shortly.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:30 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,070,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post

Then I looked at the pictures and me heart sank. I am going to stick my neck out and say 'Fake'.

We share opinions.

The pyramid is as the Egyptian pyramids look today. In ancient times the pyramids were smooth. It was in later times the outer smooth limestone layers were removed to be used as building material.

While there are very many ancient pyramids in Mezzo America none resemble the Egyptian ones to the extent of the Egyptian style in the image.

It would have seemed more authenticate if the pyramid was shown smooth as it is not common knowledge they were in ancient times

Other things seem to be anachronisms that make the two images look like frauds

Old 08-23-2012, 10:50 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,009,260 times
More than one Creation Story, more than one (new) Earth Age/ post mass extinction.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:02 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,700,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danite View Post
A library with thousands of metal books is fake, what Experience?
I was afraid you'd ask that. It is a gut feeling from looking at a lot of stuff produced by ancient craftsmen and this looks wrong. The felines should be jaguars, not kiddy - cats. Was that an Elephant in there? The Pyramid was suspicious and the odd figure in the skirt just looked amateurish. The sun with the face on has a modern feel to it and I can't off - hand recall the habit of sun and moon - faces in antiquity. The whole layout looks scrappy and doesn't look very intelligently designed. Yes, I know. There are a hundred excuses - it could be a clumsy amateur who did it. They might have had cats. I'm ready to be proven wrong, but I'm risking pubic disgrace and being barred from the pub of my choice by going with my gut feeling...make that Experience....and saying it ain't Kosher. Wotch that space.

P.s out of a library with a thousand books we get only a couple of pictures? No writing? It feels wronger the more I think about it. Who found it? Where is the report? where can we find out more?

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 08-23-2012 at 11:10 AM..

Old 08-23-2012, 11:03 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,183,744 times
More on the Tayos cave story. It sounds straight out of H. Rider Haggard.

The Quest For The Metal Library

Old 08-23-2012, 11:11 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,507,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
We share opinions.

The pyramid is as the Egyptian pyramids look today. In ancient times the pyramids were smooth. It was in later times the outer smooth limestone layers were removed to be used as building material.

While there are very many ancient pyramids in Mezzo America none resemble the Egyptian ones to the extent of the Egyptian style in the image.

It would have seemed more authenticate if the pyramid was shown smooth as it is not common knowledge they were in ancient times

Other things seem to be anachronisms that make the two images look like frauds

Egypt

Mexico

South america

Agreed Gentlemen. I think if the Pyramid on the plate was more like a step pyramid....then the books would perk up my ears a bit more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality