Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 08:29 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
If there was undeniable proof to this entity being the true God(swt) I would admit I was in error and seek to obey him.
Woodrow, I don't think there could ever be "undeniable proof".

We humans can't perceive what is truly happening around us. With our primitive eyes, we can sense electromagnetic radiation within a limited frequency and our ears can sense vibrations in air or water, but that's about it.

It would be easy for an advanced life form to fool us into thinking it had supernatural powers.

Sure, I would obey the powerful alien, but I would never think they were a god.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 10:35 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,606,714 times
So, can I ask this question.........how has proof worked so far? We have never seen a coming, or an angelic appearance so where does all this Godly knowledge come from exactly? Man speaks your religious history through his words, nothing you've seen, so that can't be proof of anything. Belief is proof of nothing. We believed the world was flat until recently. We believe in ourselves regardless of truths, it's how we protect ourselves. Doesn't make it true though. I can list so much proof that believe doesn't make it true I don't bother anymore.

If solid proof finally came down and showed itself I don't see the issue. Wouldn't it be the proof you all have been waiting for? Or would you think it was the devil? Is faith only belief without proof and once the proof was examined in real time you'd become doubters?

I as an atheist would certainly think twice about my convictions, I mean given the physical proof and all. If this didn't even work for ya then what would exactly? What are you waiting for? Do you have a picture in your minds of what it will be? Just curious here.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Putting it into a hypothetical context. As a Muslim I am to question all things I believe and only follow that which I have personally validated to my satisfaction. If there was undeniable proof to this entity being the true God(swt) I would admit I was in error and seek to obey him.

I say hypothetical as I have based what I follow through my own investigation and not through the teachings of any man. It would take some very strong proof that I could verify to convince me I am in error.
How have you validated what you believe so far? If it isn't taught by man then I'm curious what kind of visitors you've had?
That's where we differ on validation. If I saw a guy pop out of the sky and say, "I'm God", that would be the only God I'd know so far. If someone asked for proof I'd show a pic and say, see, God!

Old 10-16-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post

It would be easy for an advanced life form to fool us into thinking it had supernatural powers.

And to you I'd ask why not?

Old 10-16-2012, 10:49 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post

We humans can't perceive what is truly happening around us. With our primitive eyes, we can sense electromagnetic radiation within a limited frequency and our ears can sense vibrations in air or water, but that's about it.

When you think of the possibility of how any ET could have been created or evolved (take your choice) we could be in for a big surprise when we finally make contact. Life need not be carbon based. other possibilities are Sulfur and/or silicon based life. there is also the possibility of intelligent energy life forms. the list is endless.

It would be easy to assume a non-terrestrial is a god.

On a personal note I would find it difficult to think of any creature I see in the physical world as a god as I do not believe God(swt) would enter into this physical realm. I see that analogous to a man trying to climb into a one quart bowl to be with his goldfish. While God(swt) could enter into the world if He chose to, I do not anticipate him doing so as there is no need for him to and it would serve no purpose.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:07 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
And to you I'd ask why not?
And to you I'd ask what is your question?

Old 10-16-2012, 06:25 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Pure speculative make believe and don't warrant consideration.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:53 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
How have you validated what you believe so far? If it isn't taught by man then I'm curious what kind of visitors you've had?
That's where we differ on validation. If I saw a guy pop out of the sky and say, "I'm God", that would be the only God I'd know so far. If someone asked for proof I'd show a pic and say, see, God!
Here is my long drawn out story. A Long Journey to Reach Home . I do not expect my experience to convince anyone else. I believe each person has to find their own reason on their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality