Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 09:50 AM

473 posts, read 822,506 times

Advertisements

The straight and narrow pathway to heaven is a circle, it's a solid gold wedding band. He is the Alpha and the Omega. All things begin and end with Him and His name is Jesus. We are one with Him and married to Him(Isaiah 54:5,Ephesians 5:23.) Put Him in your life and let Him surround you and stand still within the circle(Be still and know that I am God) There is no way that something can sneak up on you from behind. Life never ends for you if you stand in this circle. God is love and has no opposite. If you hate, you have not God. If you cannot part with your sins and repent they will always sneak up on you from behind and bite you in the backside. To stay in this circle--you have to repent, keep His commandments, and love-love-love. The greatest is Love--it's the key that kills evil.
Yeshua Bless You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 10:17 AM

1,385 posts, read 2,455,496 times
What does it all mean? If I believe in Jesus bad things won't happen to me and I will live forever?

Old 03-06-2013, 10:26 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
The straight and narrow pathway to heaven is a circle, it's a solid gold wedding band. He is the Alpha and the Omega. All things begin and end with Him and His name is Jesus. We are one with Him and married to Him(Isaiah 54:5,Ephesians 5:23.) Put Him in your life and let Him surround you and stand still within the circle(Be still and know that I am God) There is no way that something can sneak up on you from behind. Life never ends for you if you stand in this circle. God is love and has no opposite. If you hate, you have not God. If you cannot part with your sins and repent they will always sneak up on you from behind and bite you in the backside. To stay in this circle--you have to repent, keep His commandments, and love-love-love. The greatest is Love--it's the key that kills evil.
Yeshua Bless You
Very nicely said - probably my favorite post of yours

Old 03-06-2013, 10:29 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
What does it all mean? If I believe in Jesus bad things won't happen to me and I will live forever?
Not exactly my friend.

Yes, once you are with Jesus in heaven you will live forever, but belief in him while you are here on earth does not prevent bad things from happening to you.

It's just that when bad things DO happen you have God with you for aid and comfort to get you through the bad things.

Sheila was saying to know Jesus and have a relationship with him is to let go of the sin in your life - it can't "sneak up on you" and control you any longer, see?

Old 03-06-2013, 10:35 AM

Thank You,
It was an answer to the sacred circle post. It is a circle and it is sacred and all are welcome to enter through Him.

Yeshua Bless You

Old 03-06-2013, 06:40 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,923,337 times
Default Huh?

I'm curious what your spiritual / philosophical question to us here in the Religion & Philosophy sub-forum might be. I mean, lest you be rightly accused in your OP post of outright proselytizing? ToS's and all that...

You see, for a rather logical set of easily defensible reasons, I do not agree with anything you've said here. So far, as per the various discussions I've engaged in right here on C-D, I've had to conclude that it's all just opinion, based entirely on a highly questionable biblical authorship (as in: I note your two quotes here..) through many many translations and interpretations over literally centuries of individual church biases and agendas. And a seemingly righteous

Therefore, I see it as completely unsupported when subjected to real world evaluations, and in addition I've yet to see a single fundamentalist Christian ever effectively defend or support their biblical claims.

Oh, and yep; It is indeed quite alright for folks to hold to and even publicly state their own deeply held personal beliefs, but to set it all out here as fact, rather than first stating "Of course, all of the following is just my opinion, and I can't, or won't, support any of it if challenged..." .

Because, let's face it, what you can reasonably expect here are some of those very challenges. It's what makes we atheists' otherwise boring days passable. Just waiting, like well-educated wolves, for someone to come along as you have and make just such claims as you have!

So. Are you ready? I'm excited! What part shall we start in on? Remember now: it'll all be "fair and balanced", an honest debate, where each party is intellectually open to a possible reconsideration of their initial position.

Oh Say It Isn't SO!

Old 03-07-2013, 05:30 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,750,770 times
I doubt that any of us crusty old atheists are fooled for a nanosecond, old Mystical pal, by this clumsy attempt to shut up any question of a bit of Christian pulpit - preaching. It is water off my ducks' back,but the fact is, that I also fail to see the relevance to discussion and it would be better in the Christianity forum where the choir is ready to be preached at.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:03 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,923,337 times
Well now... wait jist a danged minute, AREQUIPA (btw, how the hell are you? Well, I hope?) It's right about tea time here, so perhaps in honor of HRM "m'um", who also just emerged from the hospital, I'll make me up some good old English Breakfast tea. Or.. what would you suggest as an appropo alternative, in honor of a good spiritual debate?

Anyhow... mind drifted off there for a bit: perhaps our devout friend here is prepping her dissertation?

√ Reviewing the bullet-point ideals we're going to politely discuss?

√ Setting up the somewhat disconcerting philosophical perspectives inherent in her claims?

√ Reviewing Roberts rules of Order so as to NOT become just another rabble-rousing knee-jerk Christian apologist (oh heaven forbid THAT, huh?)

I can hardly wait, but still... let's set the deadline for tomorrow afternoon (my time; you are no doubt at about, let's see: 5:00pm here, + 7 h I believe? 12:00 midnight. Oh Good Lord. Go to bed my man.)

Perhaps our protagonist Sheila (the name of my first girlfriend. Hmmm... any spiritual resonance here? Did you perchance grow up in Western Canada, Sheila? Wouldn't that be a co-inky-dink?) is half-ways between us and we can average out the time diffs enough to fit in a quick & polite little debate?

With great anticipation, I remain... YrHmblSrvnt: rflmn™

Old 03-07-2013, 08:00 PM

933 posts, read 1,478,854 times
Take this over to the Christianity forum. I'm not sure what you want me to respond....

Old 03-08-2013, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Well now... wait jist a danged minute, AREQUIPA (btw, how the hell are you? Well, I hope?) It's right about tea time here, so perhaps in honor of HRM "m'um", who also just emerged from the hospital, I'll make me up some good old English Breakfast tea. Or.. what would you suggest as an appropo alternative, in honor of a good spiritual debate?

Anyhow... mind drifted off there for a bit: perhaps our devout friend here is prepping her dissertation?

√ Reviewing the bullet-point ideals we're going to politely discuss?

√ Setting up the somewhat disconcerting philosophical perspectives inherent in her claims?

√ Reviewing Roberts rules of Order so as to NOT become just another rabble-rousing knee-jerk Christian apologist (oh heaven forbid THAT, huh?)

I can hardly wait, but still... let's set the deadline for tomorrow afternoon (my time; you are no doubt at about, let's see: 5:00pm here, + 7 h I believe? 12:00 midnight. Oh Good Lord. Go to bed my man.)

Perhaps our protagonist Sheila (the name of my first girlfriend. Hmmm... any spiritual resonance here? Did you perchance grow up in Western Canada, Sheila? Wouldn't that be a co-inky-dink?) is half-ways between us and we can average out the time diffs enough to fit in a quick & polite little debate?

With great anticipation, I remain... YrHmblSrvnt: rflmn™
Hello rifleman,
Does Christianity offend then? Everything else is acceptable unless it has the word God or Christian in it? Is this what I'm hearing. Do these things come from fear or ?????
I was born and raised in Ohio, now have lived in Kentucky for over 35 years. Love it here.
A sacred circle can be discussed and enjoyed unless you put Christ as the circle----It was in this being that all love, truth, wisdom and intelligence resided all at one time. Maybe THAT'S whats so offensive to some of mankind?
Maybe some can't stand the idea that someone else has all these attributes and is in control of all things. I would certainly hope so, were I you. Unless you fear retribution for some things you are doing, then why be offended by Him of my beliefs in Him---Are we threats to you?

Yeshua Bless You
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality