Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 04:24 PM

87 posts, read 213,071 times

Advertisements

I think it would be nice to finally have a huge meeting, with reps from every denomination known to man, ...and create one new universal holy Christian Church, and get rid of all present denominations. With 1000's of denominations out there, the spirit of confusion has been rampant for centuries. Imo, this has always made it hard for me to embrace one denomination, hence stunting my growth as a Christian, due to indecisiveness.

Why can't we all agree to shut down all these silly and confusion breeding branches and choose one new holy universal Christian church? I would not have an issue so much if every aspect of it were not perfect, which may be impossible anyway, due to men being imperfect. Maybe this church would look more like a non-denominational church, with traditional services and more modern services for the younger folks and etc.

How about we merge the Catholic, Baptist, Anglican, Charismatic, Full Gospel, Missouri Synod, Church Of Christ, and etc...churches and just come up with one. I am down and game and ready to see this happen. The one universal Holy Christian church worldwide. Would this simply be impossible to make happen? Seems like it. Maybe it is harder than one can imagine, but if it cant happen now, how can it really ever happen? Even a 1000 years from now? Will certain churches give up there ways and practices to agree with another? I dont think so....might it is nice to wonder about it I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 04:29 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,997,475 times
Bases already covered. Don't worry about what others are doing, know your source.

"A Church Divided Over Leaders

10 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters,[a] in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. 11 My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12 What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas[b]”; still another, “I follow Christ.”

13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized in my name. 16 (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power." - 1 Corinthians 1

Old 03-25-2013, 12:51 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
At one time nearly 100% of Christianity was Roman Catholic. It seems the idea of unified Christianity did not work. Even today over 50% of christianity is Roman Catholic. Just reunite Protestantism with Catholicism and you all would be about 90% in one Church. But the other 10% would be hollering they are the only true Christians.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:11 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
So, you'd have everything from snake-handlers to the rapture-ready to papists in one church?
I don't think so.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:26 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietrain View Post
I think it would be nice to finally have a huge meeting, with reps from every denomination known to man, ...and create one new universal holy Christian Church, and get rid of all present denominations. With 1000's of denominations out there, the spirit of confusion has been rampant for centuries. Imo, this has always made it hard for me to embrace one denomination, hence stunting my growth as a Christian, due to indecisiveness.

Why can't we all agree to shut down all these silly and confusion breeding branches and choose one new holy universal Christian church? I would not have an issue so much if every aspect of it were not perfect, which may be impossible anyway, due to men being imperfect. Maybe this church would look more like a non-denominational church, with traditional services and more modern services for the younger folks and etc.

How about we merge the Catholic, Baptist, Anglican, Charismatic, Full Gospel, Missouri Synod, Church Of Christ, and etc...churches and just come up with one. I am down and game and ready to see this happen. The one universal Holy Christian church worldwide. Would this simply be impossible to make happen? Seems like it. Maybe it is harder than one can imagine, but if it cant happen now, how can it really ever happen? Even a 1000 years from now? Will certain churches give up there ways and practices to agree with another? I dont think so....might it is nice to wonder about it I guess.
Then those blasphemers who think differently to the one true church can be tortured until they recant.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:33 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
Eradicate?

Old 03-25-2013, 09:49 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
So, how would you resolve all the differences which caused the splits in the first place?

We are not talking about just a few minor points. There are many basic, foundational differences between denominations.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:56 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Then those blasphemers who think differently to the one true church can be tortured until they recant.
It worked at the time of the Inquisition. Reunited Christianity for several hundred years.

Can see the Church Signs now.

Quote:

Restore the Church

Bring back Torquemada

Old 03-25-2013, 12:43 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,521 times
Go back to the time of Jesus and the apostles when the church was all one and study/mirror what they did.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:47 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
It worked at the time of the Inquisition. Reunited Christianity for several hundred years.

Can see the Church Signs now.

"Let's face it: you can't Torquemada anything!"
-Mel Brooks, History of the World Part 1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality