Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 06:44 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Either that, or he knows the shtick that sells.

Something tells me that with Bill 'The Falafel King' O'Reilly, it's royalties and
not piety behind pretty much everything he claims about this book he supposedly wrote.
I would never question another's piety, personally. I have no idea what
is in a person's heart.
And he has said he is not motivated by money....he has plenty, anyway.
How much more does one need? I think they said he makes 20 mil a yr.
I am not a Bill fan, btw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 08:46 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
How much more does one need?
Power. Being seen by millions on TV every night. Reaching the top of the best seller list. It's not always about the money.

He's reinvented himself a number of times. Now he's added Jesus Expert to his resume. He wrote a book called "Killing Lincoln" that had a number of factual errors including the statement that Ford's Theater had burned to the grown. (Which must come as a big shock to the National Park Service and the thousands of tourists who visit it every year.) He's just one more guy with a TV show and an opinion and the ability to put himself in front of the camera. And sell a lot of books that aren't properly edited or fact-checked.

You can't fact-check whether or not Jesus was able to speak as he hung on the Cross. O'Reilly must be feeling pretty secure this time around.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:21 PM

545 posts, read 451,877 times
Wouldn't read a B Oreilly book .

Old 09-30-2013, 09:29 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
First, as background, he is a devout Catholic and feels the Holy Spirit inspred him writing
this book.
The reason I'm posting is bec he is not the first one that has said, "Jesus never
said, Abba Abba, why have You forsaken me?"
I mean haven't you thought how could God have abandoned him?
It never computed to me.
Mr. O'Riley doesn't care what was added to the Bible....he is very clear....the
Romans wanted Jesus to die fast bec of the crowd...they did not give him the usual
"butt rest"...as you may know ...you die of suffication.
As I have heard before...no one would have been close enough to ever
hear him....even if he could have whispered it...which that alone is doubtful...
because of the horrible crush of his lungs, etc.

Comments. What do ya think of Bill, that's ok, too.
I am sure Jesus said it. Did he say it from the cross or just before the cross? Does it really matter, He said it and that is all that matters.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Wow! Well, good for you. For me, however, since I finally dropped God from my life at about age 25, I've never felt more free, more capable of entertaining my own thoughts without guilt or class separation, and never more capable of handling anything that comes along!

And why?? Because I am not under any mandate nor threat of HELL!!!! (<gasp!>). But if you must, have that in your life, pcamps, you go ahead and enjoy such strictured "guidance", which places you in that large and less-well-educated social cohort of spiritually dependent people.

PS: I'm in that other well-identified genetic species camp of "The UnDependent!"
I wonder why atheist come in the religion forum in the first place when they don't believe and are so independent?

Old 09-30-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
And good for you too Rifleman. ps there is no eternal hell, that was created by men who believe in separation from God.
If there is no eternal hell than there is no eternal heaven.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:03 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
If there is no eternal hell than there is no eternal heaven.
You might be on to something.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:11 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,618,183 times
You know I'm just thinking that perhaps Bill, that fine old Irish Catholic guy, has seen how much fun Richie Dawkins is having in the public sphere getting all that great public attention and some might say adulation. Perhaps there is method for his look into the 'killing' of Jesus. Now I'm figuring Bill might be looking to having some coffee and a nice 'chat' one day with Rich on his high rated nightly show. Oh St Peter's Square'll be a little cubbyhole with people compared to everybody tuning in to Pope O'Reilly excoriating Rich for heresy in the cable Curia arena. There will be shrieks and gnashing of teeth in the night for sure.. ..;-).....

Old 09-30-2013, 11:08 PM

Bill O'Reilly Richard Dawkins Interview - YouTube

Old 10-01-2013, 01:18 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,936 times
I thought what happened was quite simple. Pilate asked the Jewish crowd who should be saved. Christ the son of God or Barabbas the murderer & thief.
The Jews chose Barabbas. God obviously didn't intervene during the choosing process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality