Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 01:49 PM

27,581 posts, read 28,693,962 times

Advertisements

The mainstream view of Judaism is that Jesus is not only a false messiah, but that Jesus is also the worst of several false messiahs.

Jews do not believe that Jesus fulfilled any of the Messianic prophecies. Therefore, Jews also reject that Jesus was born of a virgin, was the son of God, or was resurrected after his death.

Discuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 02:01 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post

Jews do not believe that Jesus fulfilled any of the Messianic prophecies.
Well he didn't (assuming he existed).

Old 03-10-2012, 02:03 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
christianity is a jewish sect, albeheit a very unpopular one.
it took off like a rocket in greece which is probably the only reason it survived.
but no amount of denouncing its origins by zionists will ever change the fact that christianity has its roots in the jewish faith.

Old 03-10-2012, 02:04 PM

17,810 posts, read 13,713,201 times
When Christians list how many "prophecies" that Jesus "fulfilled" regarding his messiahhood I am always curious as to why it wasn't evident to the Jews.

After all, they wrote the book.

Christians also like to point to Jesus "fulfilling" prophecies such as Jesus riding into Jerusalem on a donkey as evidence. It's not like Jesus (if he actually existed) couldn't read the texts and purposefully try to fulfill these actions. Many Christians try to act like he was oblivious to these things and his actions were coincidental.

Old 03-10-2012, 02:31 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
When Christians list how many "prophecies" that Jesus "fulfilled" regarding his messiahhood I am always curious as to why it wasn't evident to the Jews.
Quite!! Those old Jews were so daft that they watched some dude fulfil all the prophecies for their long awaited Messiah..and then didn't believe it!!

Old 03-10-2012, 02:44 PM

18,735 posts, read 33,410,912 times
I started a similar thread asking about "Messianic Judaism." OP might find some answers or discussion there.

Old 03-10-2012, 02:44 PM

Some Jews consider people who worship Christ as violating the first, second and third Commandments.

I never thought of it that way. Interesting.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I started a similar thread asking about "Messianic Judaism." OP might find some answers or discussion there.
Thanks, I did see that discussion.

I want this thread to focus specifically on the mainstream Jewish view of Jesus over the past 2000 years.

Old 03-10-2012, 04:04 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,047,899 times
Well, he certainly didn't come as a conquering King and free the Jews from their earthly enemies, and reestablish the Temple. In fact - he predicted the downfall of the Temple, and was hung on a cross like a common criminal. It was inconceivable to think that this person was the Messiah!

Not very glorious. Of course Christianity would removed the "earthly" mission of the awaited Messiah, and claim that his real mission was to be a spiritual Messiah.

Old 03-10-2012, 04:12 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
Well, he certainly didn't come as a conquering King and free the Jews from their earthly enemies, and reestablish the Temple. In fact - he predicted the downfall of the Temple, and was hung on a cross like a common criminal. It was inconceivable to think that this person was the Messiah!

Not very glorious. Of course Christianity would removed the "earthly" mission of the awaited Messiah, and claim that his real mission was to be a spiritual Messiah.
You beat me to it, whoppers. I was going to say it is difficult to be perceived as the Messiah . . . when what you are looking for from the Messiah is not what is delivered. The Jews were entirely focused on the carnal and worldly aspects and their expectations were similarly carnal. That Christ was the fulfillment of a Spiritual promise from a God focused entirely on our spiritual development and maturity was bound to disappoint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality