Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 08:02 AM

3 posts, read 4,895 times

Advertisements

The Society teaches? Interesting. My neighbors are members of The Society. They have been for MANY years. In those years, for some strange reason, the "father" had been outside and told me how he had beat their dog with a belt on several occasions for leaving their yard. They DO have leashes and a big fenced in area. Thank JESUS they gave the dog away. To this day, it upsets me what that poor dog suffered. Also, they and their daughter look down on, and laugh at, my daughter because she's autistic. Yet, THEIR daughter INVITED a sex offender to their house last summer! How can members of The Society look down on anyone???

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
I have been born and raised a JW, my father is an Elder, most of my family are in the truth.

Taking a blood transfusion is a very serious matter, the society teaches us that we must obtsain from blood even in life threatening circumstances.

If one chooses to go against the faithful and discreet slave and accepts a blood transfusion, then they are basically putting their salvation in jeopardy.

I always try to follow Jehovah's organization, they may not always be perfectly right, but then again what religion is perfect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 08:27 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,882 times
My only brother is/was a JW, so I have researched their teachings, and find them contrary to the word of God. The scripture about blood is refering only to the eating of blood. Other scriptures tell us : " Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down their life for a friend." John 15:13. Yes the scripture say that the life is in the blood ( and you know if one loses all their blood they die), therefore, giving of their blood to save a life, would be in complete accordance with what the Apostle John said.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:32 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
My only brother is/was a JW, so I have researched their teachings, and find them contrary to the word of God. The scripture about blood is refering only to the eating of blood. Other scriptures tell us : " Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down their life for a friend." John 15:13. Yes the scripture say that the life is in the blood ( and you know if one loses all their blood they die), therefore, giving of their blood to save a life, would be in complete accordance with what the Apostle John said.
Very good post Marian, and I agree 100%..

Old 08-01-2008, 04:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,989 times
Default teen privatte school

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3] Boarding school</A>provides to the teens the place to live as well as the place where they can excel in their career by spending most of the time in the school. It offers top class education and has got top infrastructure to cater to the needs of the students. students can also excel in the field of education and suceed in thier future.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][URL="http://www.teensprivateschools.com/"][SIZE=3]http://www.teensprivateschools.com/[/SIZE][/URL][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 08-01-2008, 07:43 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,215,344 times
In South Africa we have a name for dillusional people like this:

DOFF

Requires no translation - pronounced as-is

Old 08-01-2008, 11:58 AM

810 posts, read 1,437,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
It seems like it's a personal matter. To me eating/ingesting blood would be the same as taking it in through your veins...ie:intravenous feeding. It is a very serious decision that one has to make, but it is only made with the truest of intentions of following what the scripture says...not what the "society" says. I don't remember the scripture and don't have my Bible handy, but the scripture that talks about saving your life now is futile, if it puts your spiritual life in danger.

Carefully studying the dangers of blood and blood transfusions has made me understand why the blood issue is so serious. One I hope I'll never have to face.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:28 AM

188 posts, read 506,749 times
Quote:
I have been born and raised a JW, my father is an Elder, most of my family are in the truth.

Taking a blood transfusion is a very serious matter, the society teaches us that we must obtsain from blood even in life threatening circumstances.

If one chooses to go against the faithful and discreet slave and accepts a blood transfusion, then they are basically putting their salvation in jeopardy.

I always try to follow Jehovah's organization, they may not always be perfectly right, but then again what religion is perfect?
I am holding back the urge to vomit after reading what you just wrote. Much like Ringwielder, I was in the JW's for 15 years.... and yes, I used to talk just like you do as well. The sick thing is that you don't even realize that you are lying to people when you "articulate" what the scripture in Acts is talking about. You don't even realize the actual meaning of the verse because you haven't researched it. You haven't researched it because you are afraid to because you might be disfellowshipped. I am sick to see that after all these posts, you still are so terrified of what they have told you that you still take whatever they are saying as "truth". AND BY THE WAY, when you say they may not always be perfectly right, you OBVIOUSLY don't even realize WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. YOU SAY (yes, now I'm switching to all caps!) THAT SOMEONE IS RISKING THEIR SALVATION IF THEY GO AGAINST WHAT THE FAITHFUL SLAVE TELLS THEM!!!!!! YOU DO NOT SPEAK OF GOING AGAINST GOD, BUT RATHER GOING AGAINST THE MEN THAT CONTROL YOU! HOW UTTERLY VILE! YOU HAVE SPOKEN IN OTHER POSTS THAT THE FAITHFUL SLAVE GETS THEIR INFORMATION FROM 'JEHOVAH' AND THEY HAVE 'SECRET KNOWLEDGE'. SO THE FAITHFUL SLAVE IS BASICALLY SPOKEN TO BY GOD?! AND THEN YOU ACTUALLY SAY THAT THEY ARE NOT RIGHT ALL THE TIME???!!!! SO WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS THAT GOD IS NOT RIGHT ALL THE TIME??!! (seriously holding back urge to pull hair out). That's what's so sick and you don't even realize it. You FOLLOW their instructions, and that of the Governing Body, yet they have been wrong on COUNTLESS OCCASIONS and they have blaintently LIED to cover up their mistakes. AND YET THEY SAY THEIR INFORMATION COMES FROM GOD! SO THEY CALL GOD.... MY GOD.... YOUR GOD.... OUR GOD.... JESUS..... A L-I-A-R!!!!! AND THEY ARE BASICALLY SAYING THAT GOD GIVES OUT WRONG INFORMATION BECAUSE THEY'VE MADE FALSE PROPHECIES? AND IF YOU ARE SPREADING AROUND WHAT THEY ARE SAYING THEN YOU ARE ALSO GUILTY OF LYING, BECAUSE THEY ARE NOTORIOUS FOR LYING AND COVERING UP THEIR FALSEHOODS. 1914, 1915, 1918, 1925 and 1975 predictions of Armageddon..... WERE THEY NOT FROM YOUR "FAITHFUL SLAVE"??? DID YOU FAITHFUL SLAVE NOT MAKE A FALSE PROPHECY THAT DIDN'T COME TRUE??? IS NOT THE FAITHFUL "SLAVE" A FALSE PROPHET, A LYING CLASS, AND THEREFORE BEING LED BY THE DEVIL???? REMEMBER, THE DEVIL IS THE FATHER OF THE LIES AND THE FALSE PROPHESIES.... THE DEVIL IS THE FATHER OF CULTS. LOOK UP CULT IN THE DICTIONARY... OR BETTER YET, LET ME DO IT FOR YOU.....
CULT: a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc.; a religion or sect considered to be false, unorthodox, or extremist, with members often living outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader (IE, THE FAITHFUL SLAVE); the members of such a religion or sect; any system for treating human sickness that originated by a person usually claiming to have sole insight into the nature of disease, and that employs methods regarded as unorthodox or unscientific; of, for, or attracting a small group of devotees..

NOW YOU TELL ME, HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT YOU DO NOT MATCH THE ABOVE DEFINITION OF A CULT????

I swear I'll make a life out of exposing the JW's for everything they have ever lied about, and how they try to convince you ALL that the EX-JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES LIE AND MAKE UP FALSE ACCUSATIONS.... YOU BETTER DO SOME SERIOUS STUDYING ON YOUR RELIGION'S HISTORY.... YOU SOUND TO BE ABOUT 15 YEARS OLD, SO HOPEFULLY, EVENTUALLY, you'll GROW A MIND FOR YOURSELF AND FINALLY REALIZE THAT MILLIONS OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE EXPLOITED JW'S FROM THE JW'S OWN LITERATURE CANNOT BE LYING! You claim that MEN MAKE MISTAKES, BUT IN THE SAME BREATH YOU SAY THESE MEN GET THEIR SECRET KNOWLEDGE FROM GOD?? HOW DARE THE JW'S CALL GOD A LIAR?!

THANK YOU for your contributions Ringweilder!!! And every other EX-JW on this forum in support of exploiting the filthy practices of the WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND CRACK SOCIETY.

Last edited by REFORMED; 08-03-2008 at 12:50 AM.. Reason: text edit

Old 08-03-2008, 12:43 AM

188 posts, read 506,749 times
Quote:
the bible says you are to abstain from blood.

I probably wont be up much longer, the meeting is in the morning.

For those of you who are apostate, I hope you will return to Jehovah's Organization, this old system of things is winding down.

The slave class is always looking out for our best interests even if we dont understand it at the time.

Since this old system is going down, I believe it would be best for me to pioneer instead of getting married or seeking out some worldly career.

The organization will help us when we need it. What little time left should be used in field service. the circuit overseer thinks that it wont be much longer, it is just around the corner.
Don't you dare call ex-JW's apostates. You have no idea what the word even means. You only know what you were taught. APOSTATE MEANS SOMEONE THAT HAS TURNED THEIR BACKS ON GOD. HAS ANY EX JW HERE TURNED THEIR BACKS ON GOD?? I haven't and i haven't seen one YET on here that has! As a matter of fact, we EX-JW's have come to understand the significance of the fact that YES, JESUS, GOD AND THE HOLY SPIRIT ARE ONE..... You've been taught otherwise by a doctrine that is identified as equal to Johannes Greber, a practicing occultist. Look him up. Your bibles and all of your mistranslations match. And he got his twisted version of "truth" from demons. And he admits it..... LOOK UP MY POST ON JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES AND JOHANNES GREBER if you are so inclined to point the finger at the "apostates".

And to say that the circuit overseer thinks there wont be much time left is disgusting to even say. You worship these men more than you worship GOD. Who is the circuit overseer to say WHEN the end will be? Just like the JW's repeated predictions of the 'end'???? Surrrrre. Riiiiight. And you call us apostates while you still submit to your lying false prophesying "SLAVE".

You know what? You almost don't even sound like a real JW. When I read your last post, it sounded like you are either extremely immature or you're trying to rile up everyone by making it sound as though you have some cheap JW lines that should do well to provoke some anger. You're telling everyone you have to go to bed because you have a meeting in the morning? Why would you even tell people that? Why would you tell people things that sound so rediculous, like saying the circuit overseer thinks the end is coming soon?

Tell me seriously, are you over the age of 16????????? Honestly, are you? And how much intense Bible doctrine have YOU studied? I guarantee you, hands down you have studied NONE. N-O-N-E. Because if you HAD studied intense Bible doctrine, you wouldn't be saying ANY of what you are saying.... and you CERTAINLY would believe in JESUS CHRIST as being the SAME BEING as GOD.

(God, I am no better than a fool sitting here typing all this out. To all the EX-JW's... is it me, or is this even worth it anymore????? Is it just a waste of time??????)

Old 02-24-2009, 08:06 PM

2 posts, read 3,324 times
The bottom line is that this young child was treated like an adult in the last stages of his life and with the help of the Aunt who gave up those rights to the Elder Lliason committee to wash away her hands is just a cowardly act. She feels that being by his bedside and letting these "Elders" push the boy to not have a blood tranfusion that she is gaining points . What a joke . Most of these Elders have secular jobs as Window Washers, Janitors, Apartment managers etc. WHO THE HELL MAKES THEM QUALIFIED TO MAKE MEDICAL DECISIONS....this is the part why I will never step foot in a kingdom hall ever again. oh wait ...but its ok for Society to stop Organ Transplants in 1967 just to reinstate it in 1980 ...CMON MEMBERS....DONT YOU SEE THE HYPOCRISY HERE? I have 2 little girls that are 11 and 13 and after realizing what really the Watchtower is behind ...I CHOOSE TO GIVE MY GIRS LIFE AND NOT DEATH ...BCUZ MAN HAS NO RIGHT TO JUDGE FOR SALVATION ....IT IS GOD HIIMSELF...wake up all you JW's ....yes ...your time is almost up . bye bye

Old 02-24-2009, 08:10 PM

2 posts, read 3,324 times
hey Reform...dont let that person get to you ...they are just trying to make you Upset and they are doing a good job . Just keep planting things in their heads....UNITED NATIONS , BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS, CHILD MOLESTATION COVER UPS, MOLESTATION LAWSUITS SETTLE....and last ....why is Society selling off so much of there property? haha.....plant the seeds
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality