Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 04:06 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,058,997 times

Advertisements

A woman who wanted to set up a protest against Islam was shut down immediately. That is not allowed.

IF that should not be allowed, why not? Christians get shut down because they say that homosexuality is wrong. But is it wrong to make a statement like this about a religion? If it was about Christianity would it be ok?

Just curious what people think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=EAm1FZ5Amis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 04:25 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,891,472 times
Christians today often represent the oppressors of the downtrodden and the needy. I wish you wouldn't ignore this huge fact just because it doesn't fit into the narrative.

True, it may not be applicable to all Christians, but it still exists and seems to be an inherent part of many believers.

Old 08-01-2018, 04:35 PM

15,896 posts, read 6,362,280 times
Didn't the sign say "Allah is a gay God"? It didn't say "Allah loves gays" or something inclusive of that nature as far as I can tell. That changes the offense from homosexuality to blasphemy in the minds of the followers I would imagine. It would be along the lines of saying God/Jesus is gay. Even hanging a sign saying God likes women with big boobs would offend some Christians I'm sure so it's not all about the gay.

Do I think it's OK? It's not illegal nor should it be but it's ineffective while being devisive. I don't think Islam should be shielded from criticism any more than Christianity. You can even see her being asked by a Muslim woman if she's ever read the Koran. That is a valid question considering she has made the assumption that Allah is gay. The woman doesn't even know enough to have a discussion about Islam. I think they best thing we can do is support the Islam apostates while they make the points.

Old 08-01-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Christians today often represent the oppressors of the downtrodden and the needy. I wish you wouldn't ignore this huge fact just because it doesn't fit into the narrative.

True, it may not be applicable to all Christians, but it still exists and seems to be an inherent part of many believers.
Completely off topic. Do you have anything to say about the OP?

Old 08-01-2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Didn't the sign say "Allah is a gay God"? It didn't say "Allah loves gays" or something inclusive of that nature as far as I can tell. That changes the offense from homosexuality to blasphemy in the minds of the followers I would imagine. It would be along the lines of saying God/Jesus is gay. Even hanging a sign saying God likes women with big boobs would offend some Christians I'm sure so it's not all about the gay.

Do I think it's OK? It's not illegal nor should it be but it's ineffective while being devisive. I don't think Islam should be shielded from criticism any more than Christianity. You can even see her being asked by a Muslim woman if she's ever read the Koran. That is a valid question considering she has made the assumption that Allah is gay. The woman doesn't even know enough to have a discussion about Islam. I think they best thing we can do is support the Islam apostates while they make the points.
I think we can both agree that the woman in the video was intentionally trolling the Muslim community. That's obvious, and we can agree that it was divisive, and wrong.

But should it be allowed? If so...why? Why are Christians shut down the moment we dare to suggest that homosexuality is wrong, regardless of tone?

Old 08-01-2018, 04:43 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,355,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
A woman who wanted to set up a protest against Islam was shut down immediately. That is not allowed.

IF that should not be allowed, why not? Christians get shut down because they say that homosexuality is wrong. But is it wrong to make a statement like this about a religion? If it was about Christianity would it be ok?

Just curious what people think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=EAm1FZ5Amis
Different countries have different rules on what is considered "hate speech." "Freedom of speech" is largely an American concept.

Old 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
I think we can both agree that the woman in the video was intentionally trolling the Muslim community. That's obvious, and we can agree that it was divisive, and wrong.

But should it be allowed? If so...why? Why are Christians shut down the moment we dare to suggest that homosexuality is wrong, regardless of tone?
It shouldn't be illegal. She was shut down because the police didn't want any trouble. The police should have the right to determine that and I wouldn't see that as a violation of civil rights.

How are you "shut down" as a Christian?

Old 08-01-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
It shouldn't be illegal. She was shut down because the police didn't want any trouble. The police should have the right to determine that and I wouldn't see that as a violation of civil rights.

How are you "shut down" as a Christian?
We get shouted down, called hatemongers, etc.

Old 08-01-2018, 04:47 PM

Quote:
We get shouted down, called hatemongers, etc.
..and?

Old 08-01-2018, 04:51 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,338,743 times
Should what is legal in the States be legal in every other country? Now you are getting into politics. Much of what Christians in the US get by doing as far as some of their anti gay rhetoric would be illegal in either the UK or Canada so us you Christians do get away with lots. But on the other hand we get to buy and eat Kinder Surprises and by mid October legally smoke recreational weed, in other words laws of different nations are different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality