Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 10:16 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,881,460 times

Advertisements

Are there any Jews for Jesus in this forum? I would love to have contact with them and discuss in this forum.
For those of you unaware of it; We are Jews who have accepted Jesus Christ as the Jewish Messiah. We are not Christians, we do not celebrate any Christian holidays, and are not baptized. We are Jews who follow Torah law, observe the Sabbath, and celebrate Jewish holidays. Messianic Jews are small but growing rapidly in Israel and the western world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2013, 12:06 PM

65 posts, read 77,927 times
Your name and post are very misleading. There is a well-established group called "Jews for Jesus," and they would not at all describe themselves as you have. These Jewish Christians despite appreciation for their Jewish identity & culture do not follow rabbinic judaism, but the Bible. "Messianic judaism" is an even more confusing label as it doesn't quite mean the same thing in the US as elsewhere, due to denominational, even cultic, developments in the movement here. I am not Jewish, just know what I'm talking about here & don't like to see confusion caused.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossingbay View Post
Your name and post are very misleading. There is a well-established group called "Jews for Jesus," and they would not at all describe themselves as you have. These Jewish Christians despite appreciation for their Jewish identity & culture do not follow rabbinic judaism, but the Bible. "Messianic judaism" is an even more confusing label as it doesn't quite mean the same thing in the US as elsewhere, due to denominational, even cultic, developments in the movement here. I am not Jewish, just know what I'm talking about here & don't like to see confusion caused.
Actually all Messianic Jews do describe themselves as I do, and there are numerous videoclips you could watch on youtube about Jewish families, even in Israel, who are Jews but believers in Jesus. I do not own any Christian bible, but I do own the Torah. I attended reform synagogue today, and had Sabbath dinner. We do pray to Jesus as well.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XeXZh9F7JmI

Old 07-27-2013, 06:52 PM

1,249 posts, read 1,733,516 times
You didn't come here looking for advice, but I feel compelled to advise you to reconsider this life that you have chosen. I have no ill will personally against you, but the J for J organization is infested with people who resort to tricks and lies to recruit Jews into lives that are not compatible with Jewish life. Those Jews are in danger of losing their right to the Olam Haba.

Please reconsider what you are doing.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:05 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
The term Messianic Jew is an oxymoron. The second a Jew, Muslim , Hindu, Pagan, Atheist etc accepts Jesus as being the Son of G_D(swt) they have become a Christian. No matter what they practice as a religious ritual. The criteria for being a Christian is the worshiping of Jesus. If a person worships Jesus, they are Christian no matter what they call them self or what physical practices they follow.

The opposite is also True,a Christian could begin practicing Jewish rituals but that will not make them Jewish. A Christian who follows Jewish rituals is still a Christian even if they call them self a Messianic Jew.

Please read the top sticky thread of this forum and pay heed, before it appears you are Proselytizing a non-Jewish Faith. I do consider Messianic Judaism as a sect of Christianity and I do not believe such practitioners are Jews. I am not Jewish and do not agree with Judaism as a belief system. But I will do my best to assure that all posts in this forum abide by the forum rules.

A Messianic Jew is practicing Christianity and by worshiping Jesus has severed his ties with Judaism.

Non Jews are Welcome in this forum and will be treated with respect and as friends, as long as they do not try to spread their belief system.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
The term Messianic Jew is an oxymoron. The second a Jew, Muslim , Hindu, Pagan, Atheist etc accepts Jesus as being the Son of G_D(swt) they have become a Christian. No matter what they practice as a religious ritual. The criteria for being a Christian is the worshiping of Jesus. If a person worships Jesus, they are Christian no matter what they call them self or what physical practices they follow.

The opposite is also True,a Christian could begin practicing Jewish rituals but that will not make them Jewish. A Christian who follows Jewish rituals is still a Christian even if they call them self a Messianic Jew.

Please read the top sticky thread of this forum and pay heed, before it appears you are Proselytizing a non-Jewish Faith. I do consider Messianic Judaism as a sect of Christianity and I do not believe such practitioners are Jews. I am not Jewish and do not agree with Judaism as a belief system. But I will do my best to assure that all posts in this forum abide by the forum rules.

A Messianic Jew is practicing Christianity and by worshiping Jesus has severed his ties with Judaism.

Non Jews are Welcome in this forum and will be treated with respect and as friends, as long as they do not try to spread their belief system.
Messianic Jew is a Jew who have accepted Jesus as the Jewish messiah. Most Jews are still waiting for the Messiah to come, while our group believe that he already came 2,000 years ago. We all have our own beliefs, and we respect all Jews who have not yet accepted Jesus.

I never proclaimed that Jesus is son of God or God. I believe he is the Messiah.

You cannot become Christian simply believing in Jesus. You have to be baptized first. In Islam, you just say few words and you could become Muslim, whereas in Christianity you must be baptized.

I am here to talk with other Messianic Jews, and not to force any other Jews to accept Jesus as the Messiah.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1+1=5 View Post
You didn't come here looking for advice, but I feel compelled to advise you to reconsider this life that you have chosen. I have no ill will personally against you, but the J for J organization is infested with people who resort to tricks and lies to recruit Jews into lives that are not compatible with Jewish life. Those Jews are in danger of losing their right to the Olam Haba.

Please reconsider what you are doing.
I fully respect your own beliefs my Jewish brother, but I have chosen my own beliefs. God will judge all of us later in life. I became Messianic Jewish after reading the Hebrew Bible actually. Nobody has ever introduced me it. My father has disowned me, but my mother and siblings followed my path.

Again, I am in this forum to talk with other Messianic Jews.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:26 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,364,243 times
This thread belongs in the Chrstianity forum. No Jew alive today believes in Jesus. And Jewish Chrstians were snuffed out entirely by the Romans by the third century. In today's times, if you believe in Jesus, like Woodrow said, you are not a Jew. Call yourself anything you want, but you are not a Jew.

And to answer you question, there are no Messianic Jews in this forum. At city data, I believe they mostly post in the Chrstianity and general religion forums. We Jews find the movement to be fine for Chrstians to participate in, assuming you keep your Jesus beliefs far far away from our precious Jewish souls.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:31 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jews for Jesus View Post
Messianic Jew is a Jew who have accepted Jesus as the Jewish messiah. Most Jews are still waiting for the Messiah to come, while our group believe that he already came 2,000 years ago. We all have our own beliefs, and we respect all Jews who have not yet accepted Jesus.

I never proclaimed that Jesus is son of God or God. I believe he is the Messiah.

You cannot become Christian simply believing in Jesus. You have to be baptized first. In Islam, you just say few words and you could become Muslim, whereas in Christianity you must be baptized.

I am here to talk with other Messianic Jews, and not to force any other Jews to accept Jesus as the Messiah.
Then we may have something in common. As a Muslim I also believe Jesus "Isa"(as) is the Masah (Messiah). We also believe he is a Muslim and preached the same Message, that was later revealed to Muhammad(swt) . We also believe Jesus(as) is not to be worshipped and is an Islamic Prophet(PBUT) a Human like all other Prophets. He does not seem to meet the criteria the Jews believe their Messiah will have. I do not understand how an observant Jew could mistake Jesus(as) for the Judaic concept of the Messiah.

I am not aware of any other "Messianic Jews" as you describe them to be, having ever posted here. It may be difficult for you to find any to speak with.

We have had many evangelical Christians come here using the name "Messianic Jew" and attempt to preach Christianity.

I think I understand you better now and I apologize for thinking you were a Christian.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
This thread belongs in the Chrstianity forum. No Jew alive today believes in Jesus. And Jewish Chrstians were snuffed out entirely by the Romans by the third century. In today's times, if you believe in Jesus, like Woodrow said, you are not a Jew. Call yourself anything you want, but you are not a Jew.

And to answer you question, there are no Messianic Jews in this forum. At city data, I believe they mostly post in the Chrstianity and general religion forums. We Jews find the movement to be fine for Chrstians to participate in, assuming you keep your Jesus beliefs far far away from our precious Jewish souls.
Since I am Jewish and read the Torah, this should belong to Judaism forum or general religion. Again, I am not Christian because I am not baptized, nor do I own a Christian Bible, nor do I attend church or celebrate Christian holidays.

There are thousands of Messianic Jews in Israel and elsewhere in the world. You need to respect our beliefs. Our group is growing very fast, and most of us including I do not proselytise. Unfortunately, some Jews are in fear and must secretly believe in Jesus.

Muslims believe in Jesus, and they are not Christians. You can believe in Jesus and not be Christian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality