Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2015, 04:45 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times

Advertisements

Perhaps, it's because some like to stand on a street & preach the end of the world. Or maybe it's because they can't let other faiths or those without one live in peace. Sorry, but Christianity of all the worlds religions want or feel the need to judge & point their fingers at others.

Old 02-08-2015, 05:05 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
hahahahaha Just because he paid taxes does not mean he was not an anarchist and a revolutionary.

History being told from the viewpoint of the poor? Taking on the money changers at what must have been a terrible smelling place called the Temple? He was quite the rebel. That man has been diluted within Christianity. Christianity controls his legacy. He did not obey the authorities. He preached and was crucified for it.
Yes, he was well and truly an anarchist and revolutionary in the mind of those who thought?? they knew the scriptures, and thought?? Life was in them, who were and are not understanding that they actually testify of the one who is the Light and Life to all men, and just like you said those that thought?? they knew the scriptures were the ones that hated how he related the true image of God our Father and were the main instruments in having him crucified. For they would not not have this concept and image of God rule our hearts and mind. Sadly they thought like many bible believer today thought wrongly of the purpose of the scripture, and thought they are for the purpose of bashing the sinner for being something according??? to them we were all born with.....original sin.

Last edited by pcamps; 02-08-2015 at 05:15 PM..

Old 02-08-2015, 05:20 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes, he was well and truly an anarchist and revolutionary in the mind of those who thought?? they knew the scriptures, and thought?? Life was in them, not understanding they actually testified of the one who is the Light and Life to all men, and just like you said those that thought?? they knew the scriptures were the ones that hated how he related the true image of God our Father and were the main instruments in having him crucified. For they would not not have this concept and image of God rule our hearts and mind.
The temple priests were never in charge of anything in Israel. Israel belonged to Rome.
The Roman Government and the Temple priests had one thing in common. They wanted to preserve the status quo, and Jesus rocked all the boats.

Never the less, Rome was in charge and the Temple priests were not going to rock their own boat anymore than they had to with Rome. They were not about to save Jesus they were too busy defending their own turf.

It was just business. Not personal. It was that sort of event.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:16 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
Quote:
Of course you are entitled to your opinion. But, you want to argue with me, because I answered the OP's question with my opinion? I am amused.

hahahaha Of course I can handle someone disagreeing with me. No one ever died from a spirited conversation of differing viewpoints. What I find immature is you deciding a differing point of view is not Christian; as if every Christian must be in lock-step with your opinions.

Remember Jesus was an anarchist.

Where in any of my writing have I expressed the slightest bit of insecurity? Where have I asked for validation? If I felt insecure or needed validation for my beliefs and opinions, I would simply ask for it.
Why do you care so much if there are people who disagree with you then? That doesn't change how you feel, so why should it matter if they agree with you or not?

Old 02-08-2015, 06:28 PM

Quote:
No. You are certainly not the reason she has distrust of religion or a particular church. Her experiences are out of your control and you had no idea of them.

Your good heart was well intentioned. I am saying you did not offer her choice. Your not disclosing your affiliation with the mall thing may have seemed dishonest to her.

For the next time. when you engage someone in a sponsored activity reveal who you are and your affiliation up front. Let the other person choose to continue. Do you see the difference?

Sometimes something so simple can be comfort to someone injured in the name of God. If that person is willing to engage you in further conversation, you can dazzle them with your good heart, and I mean that with the greatest sincerity.
I'm not following. If someone is coming up to me and having a casual conversation with me, why do I have to disclose my affiliation? That has no impact on the conversation. The conversation had nothing to do with giving instructions or telling the person what we were doing. It was just a person who saw people having fun and saying she thought it was a great event. You are attempting to put blame on me for not disclosing who I am, but really that is judgmental.

The argument that has been made by you and others is Christians in an attempt to evangelize look down on others, and you are advocating, during a casual conversation that I try to distinguish who I am. To me, I don't care what your beliefs are, I will show you respect and converse with you regardless. I'm not going to distinguish myself. If you decide that you only will talk to me only if I share your beliefs, than that makes you shallow, ignorant and a bigot. What will happen when these individuals go to school or work with individuals like this? If a person is being nice to you and they are respectful, why would you treat them different just because they don't share you beliefs? That is the definition of bigotry.

Last edited by justtitans; 02-08-2015 at 06:47 PM..

Old 02-08-2015, 06:29 PM

Quote:
No it does not, it is exactly what i said, seeking him, heaven manifesting itself in us. Nothing whatsoever about escaping hell for heaven because you believe in him. He taught the way, and that way is the way Of heaven......your will be done in us as it is in heaven. Are you denying the will of God is what is going on in heaven ?.

Set your affections on things above................ Why do you think that is ?.

We do what we do because because it is what we love to do because it is life. The true focus of the believer is the mind Christ in us transforming us.

What you are saying sounds right to the brainwashed but is absolutely unscriptual.
Scripture reference?

Old 02-08-2015, 06:38 PM

Quote:
The first thing you could have done is apoligize to her that of all places it was in the church that she had the bad experience(and it was probably in a church that believes like yours) , and because of that been fully understanding of her reaction towards her realization it was a church event. Christianity that is effective is the christianity that gets folk to see Jesus. You speak about issues that some folk have, maybe it is not them that have the issue. Just saying!! Ok.
I know you get bored and I know you don't believe some of the things that you say but I'm going to at least address this.

First, I'm not going to apologize for another person's behavior, unless it was my own children. We all make our own choices and I have no control over what those individuals did, or to even know if what they did was even wrong (your thought process is very presumptuous because you are assuming that Christians have done something wrong when really you don't know and neither do I). I don't even know what that church believed or even if they believed the same things that I do. I can't defend or condemn what the church did. Not only is that not my place, but I have no idea what actually happen to make that judgment. So why would I apologize for something I don't know about?

I did tell her that I was sorry that she went through that experience. I could see the hurt on her face. After that point I explained that not everyone in church acts like that. She did not want to hear it. I get it. She was the equivalent of a person who just out of an abusive relationship. She isn't going to trust anything that looks or acts like what she experienced. Her behavior is very typical so I did not try to push beyond that.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, there's an enormous difference between faith and piety. People who are always finding an excuse to quote the Bible in every possible context are really wallowing in public piety. Christ warned us against that kind of behavior.

It's kind of like public prayer. Forget Matthew 6, part of the Sermon on the Mount, the ethical core of the faith. In that Christ is very explicit about praying in private, not publicly, for God knows your prayers even before you say them. Yet there you have the fundamentalists who conveniently forget that verse, instead wanting to have prayers in school, prayers before football games, and every other function imaginable.
That's actually not true. This is something that is commonly misunderstood. He never said do not pray publicly, period. He said do not pray like the hypocrites. The whole discussion that Jesus had was to address the behavior of doing things to be seen. He was addressing people having a genuineness when they do things. That is why he is giving the suggestion to pray privately. Praying publicly is not wrong, it's the way it's done that could be wrong.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:49 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Why do you care so much if there are people who disagree with you then? That doesn't change how you feel, so why should it matter if they agree with you or not?
It does not matter if you disagree with me. Where have I said that? You have have made many assumptions.

I am pretty straight forward. I can pull up my big girl panties. and appreciate people who do not share my views. That seems to be more your line of thinking.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
It does not matter if you disagree with me. Where have I said that? You have have made many assumptions.

I am pretty straight forward. I can pull up my big girl panties. and appreciate people who do not share my views. That seems to be more your line of thinking.
So what's the problem then? You stated you don't want Christians in your healthcare, in abortion or in the LGBT community. If you are sincere about not being bothered by a difference of opinion, then why does it bother you that they don't share your views? Remember it's all about tolerance right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality