Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2015, 12:38 PM

779 posts, read 484,064 times

Advertisements

Rather like ISIS

Look at this. It's a mass execution of the helpless and unarmed! There is NO excuse for this, people!

2 Chronicles 25:12
"The men of Judah captured another ten thousand (men) alive and took
them to the top of the rock and threw them down from the top of the
rock; and they were all dashed to pieces."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2015, 12:40 PM

This is incredibly shocking and goes against all impressions of Jesus, both religious and secular. Here, Jesus appears in a vision to St. John and declares that he will kill some innocent children just because they are the offspring of adultery! We’ve all been given an image of Jesus as a loving, perfect, sinless being without fault, so why would he want to kill innocent children like that?! Most Christians don’t even know that such a verse exists!

"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with
her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I
will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that
I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every
one of you according to your works." (Revelation 2:22-23)

Old 05-10-2015, 12:41 PM

I do so hope your religious freedoms are satisfied. If not there's more

Last edited by willingsniper; 05-10-2015 at 12:50 PM..

Old 05-10-2015, 01:04 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willingsniper View Post
Hmmm. Perhaps we should enact chrisitian shariah law?
Or perhaps you need to study the Bible in more depth before using clobber verses. Your examples are blatant cases of taking scripture out of proper context. In general, God is not directly commanding people to do such things, but rather warning what will happen if Israel chooses a path of rebellion.

Furthermore, Christians know we are no longer under the Old Covenant so anything you pull out of Leviticus is irrelevant.

Old 05-10-2015, 01:19 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Or perhaps you need to study the Bible in more depth before using clobber verses. Your examples are blatant cases of taking scripture out of proper context. In general, God is not directly commanding people to do such things, but rather warning what will happen if Israel chooses a path of rebellion.

Furthermore, Christians know we are no longer under the Old Covenant so anything you pull out of Leviticus is irrelevant.

Old 05-10-2015, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post

Great where did jesus say anything about homosexuals then? Also jesus said "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill."

"Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 'The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.' (Matthew 23:1-3)"

Old 05-10-2015, 01:46 PM

Perhaps you should read the bible.

Christians must follow the laws of the Old Testament that had not been modified or replaced by newer ones in the New Testament. Otherwise, if we were to follow the NT alone, then we would have no life laws or directions to follow. This means , a son can marry his father's former wife, or a brother can marry his sister, or an uncle can marry his niece, etc... since the NT never talked about these issues.

Old 05-10-2015, 01:48 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,368,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willingsniper View Post
This is incredibly shocking and goes against all impressions of Jesus, both religious and secular. Here, Jesus appears in a vision to St. John and declares that he will kill some innocent children just because they are the offspring of adultery! We’ve all been given an image of Jesus as a loving, perfect, sinless being without fault, so why would he want to kill innocent children like that?! Most Christians don’t even know that such a verse exists!

"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with
her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I
will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that
I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every
one of you according to your works." (Revelation 2:22-23)
Jesus is not killing children for laughs. These are the daughters and sons of the ***** of Babylon, the bride of the Antichrist. You're meant to give in love to Jesus, not have cheap sex with this girl. Effectively, the difference between this and "hey let's kill kids, it's fun" from the one who talked numerous times about letting children come close, is that you are completely missing the point.

Jesus is Love. Love is like the girlfriend you're supposed to be with. Now, you've just cheated on Her with Lust, the skanky girl who has already slept with 10 guys, and you wouldn't be the last. If you were prepared to treat her with love, that would be one thing... but... this passage kinda refers to something disturbingly similar to what's going on in our society. Jesus is jealous, and She has carried out this jealousy by our own selfishness.

Give up? Okay, lemme spell it out for you. Our society is already carrying this out. It's called abortion. A man sleeps with a woman or vice versa, the woman gets pregnant. The two have no loyalty to each other, so really Jesus isn't killing these children. We are. Get married, don't get married, but develop some loyalty, or don't have sex. Otherwise, you will have children that get slaughtered by "Jesus".

Old 05-10-2015, 01:50 PM

And the new commandment was to love one another as he has loved you. So if you're going to follow only that commandment your hatred of homosexuals breaks the one and only commandment jesus gave you.

Old 05-10-2015, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
Jesus is not killing children for laughs. These are the daughters and sons of the ***** of Babylon, the bride of the Antichrist. You're meant to give in love to Jesus, not have cheap sex with this girl. Effectively, the difference between this and "hey let's kill kids, it's fun" from the one who talked numerous times about letting children come close, is that you are completely missing the point.

Jesus is Love. Love is like the girlfriend you're supposed to be with. Now, you've just cheated on Her with Lust, the skanky girl who has already slept with 10 guys, and you wouldn't be the last. If you were prepared to treat her with love, that would be one thing... but... this passage kinda refers to something disturbingly similar to what's going on in our society. Jesus is jealous, and She has carried out this jealousy by our own selfishness.

Give up? Okay, lemme spell it out for you. Our society is already carrying this out. It's called abortion. A man sleeps with a woman or vice versa, the woman gets pregnant. The two have no loyalty to each other, so really Jesus isn't killing these children. We are. Get married, don't get married, but develop some loyalty, or don't have sex. Otherwise, you will have children that get slaughtered by "Jesus".
Rationalize all you want. I know my verse. And god killed millions even suckling babes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality